Article absolutely KILLING Chambers | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Article absolutely KILLING Chambers

Gardenhead

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Read it and weep. The truth hurts, kids.

http://www.bostonsportsmedia.com/archives/gameday/chris_chambers_the_worst_wr_in_football.php

The conclusion of the article sums it up best:

It seems absolutely unfathomable to me that anyone who watches him on a regular basis could make a case that Chris Chambers is a star receiver. Chambers has had to deal with some poor quarterbacks, indeed, but if he were really a stud stuck with mediocre talent all around him, he wouldn't be this bad. There simply is not a wide receiver in our database (looking back to 1997) who has played this poorly in what should be the prime of his career and recovered to be an elite wide receiver. When Gregg Easterbrook was railing against the evils of SportsCenter several weeks ago, he didn't point out one of the real flaws that SportsCenter's introduced: false perception. You can watch a highlight package of Chris Chambers plays and think he's amazing. If you watched him for a season, you might be able to forget about the drops or the mistakes. You'd have to watch that highlight package quite a few times, though. Chris Chambers has a better chance of being out of football in three years than he does of appearing in a Pro Bowl. If that seems absurd to you, I'd reply by saying that nominating the worst wide receiver in the league to go to the Pro Bowl would be an equally absurd proposition.

Yep it does hurt but its the truth ...

WOW. He must have an axe to grind. Chambers is not an elite but probably not the worst in the NFL

are you kidding me? yeah, he's had a lot of passes thrown his way...and so many of them have been over, under, skipped, and defended it's ridiculous
he wouldn't have nearly as many grabs as he does if he wasn't as talented as he is

Seems like everytime Chambers has big games this season we lose, and when he's not involved we win, wierd stuff

that was dumb. The QB doesn't have time to throw to him, nor does he run routes over 15 yards cuz of this.

DePhinistr8 said:
are you kidding me? yeah, he's had a lot of passes thrown his way...and so many of them have been over, under, skipped, and defended it's ridiculous
he wouldn't have nearly as many grabs as he does if he wasn't as talented as he is

Did you even read the article? It addresses these excuses you posit. And shoots them down with statistics.

DolfanForever said:
WOW. He must have an axe to grind. Chambers is not an elite but probably not the worst in the NFL

I know he's a tight end, but he's got to be better than Jeremy Stevens at least. :evil:

TO has dropped a whole lot of passes this year, but I always considered Glenn a better WR anyway.

I think Chambers was never really the same after that concussion in Denver a few years ago. He's still kind of loopy...:lol:

:dolphins:

Gardenhead said:
Did you even read the article? It addresses these excuses you posit. And shoots them down with statistics.

yeah i read it, and anyone can also argue that those statistics such as catchable balls, etc. are subjective...just like tackles and assists...while solo tackles are accurate because they're easy to determine..assists are subjective to the team stat-keepers

Jeff Blake throws one of the best deep balls in the history of the NFL

I sure hope Chris reads this article and it sets a fire under his A**...That would be funny if all the sudden he has 150 yard games forthe rest of the season because he read that article

dolpns13 said:
I sure hope Chris reads this article and it sets a fire under his A**...That would be funny if all the sudden he has 150 yard games forthe rest of the season because he read that article

...if it were only that easy...

Gardenhead said:
Read it and weep. The truth hurts, kids.

I'd reply by saying that nominating the worst wide receiver in the league to go to the Pro Bowl would be an equally absurd proposition.

Errrr.... worst WR in the League? The writer of that article is obviously a Chambers hater no matter what the guy does. IMO Chambers has disappointed me and alot of fans. He hasnt gone on from last season and he has dropped some catches and not put up the numbers expected of a No1 WR. In defence of the guy he has been overthrown numerous times as well so its not all one sided.
To come out and write that Chambers is the worst WR in the League is laughable. The writer has made that article a comic book read to any knowing NFL fan with that one dumb, second rate, biased, unprofessional lame comment. Ask NFL defensive backs, Coaches and commentators if Chambers is the worst?!?. errrrr....:confused: :shakeno:

Back
Top Bottom