Article: Dolphins have 2nd best Offseason | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Article: Dolphins have 2nd best Offseason

Nublar7

Retired FinHeaven Staff
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
http://www.nbc5.com/nfl/4312573/detail.html
Acording to this one guys opinion Miami had the second best Offseason. Here is his quote from the "On the Rise" section:
2. Miami - The Dolphins made some subtle changes during the free agency period, as blowing up a team that has more talent than say, the Browns or the 49ers, was not necessary. Miami filled some needs, bringing in ex-Titan Kevin Carter to clog up the defensive interior, adding right tackle Stockar McDougle for veteran help on a thin offensive line, and quietly ushering in Gus Frerotte to run new offensive coordinator Scott Linehan's system. The Fins will have their choice of running backs at No. 2 in the draft and should be able to get more offensive line help with their two third-round selections (they traded their second-round selection to the Eagles for A.J. Feeley). What's more, Nick Saban excised some baggage (WR David Boston, QB Jay Fiedler, FB Rob Konrad), and put an immediate stamp on his team in the process.
He did make one factual error stating that we have two 3rd round picks when we only have one.

I like this part also. From the "On the Decline" section:
2. Buffalo - Forget that late-season playoff run, the Bills have taken a step back. Either cut-rate newcomer Kelly Holcomb or the inexperienced J.P. Losman will be taking the snaps in 2005, and will be operating behind a line that just lost left tackle Jonas Jennings. On the other side of the ball, the departure of key run-stuffer Pat Williams to the Vikings will undoubtedly be felt in a big way. Don't expect the Patriots, Jets, and improving Dolphins to be very forgiving to Buffalo's plight come the fall.

Anything that shows the Bills in a bad light, I am in favor of. :D

I like all the moves Saban has made also. McDougal might have been out biggest aqusition this offseason. I love the Holliday and Carter Signing, but I think we will have an average to decent, O-line this year, and everyone is under 30. I cant say it enough, I like all the moves Saban has made. EVen Tillman. He was a nice value pick up. If we get a good tailback, and Feeley pans out, we can compete this year, and definately make a run in '06. The Heath Evans pick up was nice, but I think we did not NEEDED to make it. Lots of positives, everyone should eb happy.

Its about time we start to get respect from other people.

Nice read, but we didn't need to hear it from him that we are improving and the Bills degressed. The Bills aren't the only team in our division to take a backward step. In fact, we're the only ones in our division that have IMPROVED. And we weren't nearly as bad as our record last year indicates. A fact Saban is obviously aware of.

I am suprised that the Titans arent on the bottem 5.

nice article N7, I was alittle surprised the Raiders didn't get a mention.(btw I hate the Raiders) but they've had a pretty good offseason.IMO

The Titans, have no body now but Chris Brown, Drew Bennett and Billy Volek on O and on D they got...

JAcK o D1AmonDs said:
The Titans, have no body now but Chris Brown, Drew Bennett and Billy Volek on O and on D they got...
Rocky Calamus:roflmao:

After all the negative press last offseason, it sure in the heck feels good to read something postive about our team from such an anoymous source. I think going 4-12 will soon be the best thing that could have ever happened for this team.

Back
Top Bottom