Article: Dolphins interview Eagles Bill Lazor for OC | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Article: Dolphins interview Eagles Bill Lazor for OC

HoneyB

Active Roster
Reaction score
Eagles Bill Lazor for OC

Very Good candidate.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/112066/focus-on-eagles-lazor-makes-sense

"Lazor didn't just materialize on the Eagles staff last year. He has worked for Dan Reeves in Atlanta, Joe Gibbs in Washington, Mike Holmgren in Seattle and Kelly here. He has coached NFL quarterbacks and spent three seasons as offensive coordinator at the University of Virginia."

BillLazorjpg-1.jpg

Bill Lazor: In my own capacity as quarterbacks coach, I think there are two main things for me to do: Be a great teacher and be demanding. You've got to know your position inside and out. Then you have something to offer the players. Once that transmission of knowledge is in place, you need to set high expectations and draw out what you've taught them. You want to see it go from head knowledge to performance on the field.

I love these smart, young, aggressive, disciplined, educated-but-blue-collar assistant coaches. Tons of experience at college and nfl level and he coached up Foles.

I've had enough of these old fart OC's sitting up in the press box. We need a guy who works with players and has ideas. You can't baby players and make excuses for them, but at the same time you can throw them out there and make them sink or swim, either. If you're not making our players better then why are you here?

It's Philbin's call, if he thinks he can handle the OC position.

[video]http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/multimedia/videos/Coaches-Corner-Bill-Lazor/9e4f0c96-1e80-4a27-9b57-192b2fafd487[/video]

We need more on-the-field coaches.

Based on what i've read, i'd be ok with him. I'm with u HoneyB...tired of these old men who're set in their ways.

He did a marvelous job with nick foles, he is a very interesting option. i´d also be ok with him

coming from a very explosive offensive scheme too...I'm down with this...sort of a wild card too

tannerhill would do better w runningback and keep ball sometime and run for first down, need work on his long ball bad every qb in nfl hit wide open wr down field. we need n.e asst gm is who we need in scouting department of dolphins

Back
Top Bottom