Article - Examining Dolphins CB Quandry | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Article - Examining Dolphins CB Quandry

I can tell you now I am looking at corners in the first round next year. Love the Alabama kid (LSU transfer) Eli Ricks. He's a natural. I am guessing he's a top 12 pick though so we need Trey Lance to suck.

It's going to be a top need next year.

We have to make cuts any way and not all the CBs were going to make it any way. I liked Trill but he wasn't going to be a starter. I really like what I have heard and saw from Crossen as well. I just don't see CB as being any where near as big an issue as Center. We have one center on the roster and he isn't good. Conner is not a center and never will be. We need a starter and let Deiter become the backup.

I can tell you now I am looking at corners in the first round next year. Love the Alabama kid (LSU transfer) Eli Ricks. He's a natural. I am guessing he's a top 12 pick though so we need Trey Lance to suck.

It's going to be a top need next year.
I like a lot of the CBs this upcoming draft. Ricks, Ringo (Georgia), Joey Porter Jr (Penn State), Cam Smith (South Carolina), and maybe even Garrett Williams (Syracuse) are guys that could go in the first, some of them probably very early

We have to make cuts any way and not all the CBs were going to make it any way. I liked Trill but he wasn't going to be a starter. I really like what I have heard and saw from Crossen as well. I just don't see CB as being any where near as big an issue as Center. We have one center on the roster and he isn't good. Conner is not a center and never will be. We need a starter and let Deiter become the backup.
our only CB quandary is if Byron Jones isn't good to go day 1.

he's the only guy on the team I trust across from X.

nik needham would probably be fine if he had to come in for a bit, but that's it.

i understand we need camp bodies for now, but with X, Jones and Needham our top 3 are set.

Eric Rowe was a CB, and could return there in a pinch.

Crossen has looked like much more than a special teams guy when given the opportunity.

Elijah Campbell might be someone to keep an eye on.

Not worried about a 4th 5th CB going down. In the NFL it's all pros and next man up. B Jones has a few Vet replacements out there if need be. It is what it is, but with the expectation of Jones coming back soon and X/Needham still healthy it's not a worry quite yet.

I didn't title the article.
I’m glade you don’t write for SI, I couldn’t read your camp threads anymore if you did write it. SI has sucked for the last 20 years except for the swimsuit issue. And from what I’ve heard that issue sucks now as well.

Not worried about a 4th 5th CB going down. In the NFL it's all pros and next man up. B Jones has a few Vet replacements out there if need be. It is what it is, but with the expectation of Jones coming back soon and X/Needham still healthy it's not a worry quite yet.
True, but it never hurts to be prepared,

I’m a big a Trill fan as anyone here. But I was more disappointed w the injury bc of the upside to push Needham or even possibly make Jones expendable next off-season.

But I think some are panicking a bit too much w talks like trading Gesicki to fill CB4. The sky isn’t falling. Crossen has been promising. Maybe Campbell continues to impress (idk).

But we’re basically talking about replacing Coleman from last season. Not that hard to do.

I’m still upset about Trill, but we’ll be just fine as long as there’s nothing more going on w Byron than we think.

Back
Top Bottom