Article For Those Who Dream(ed) of S. Taylor in a Phin Uniform | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Article For Those Who Dream(ed) of S. Taylor in a Phin Uniform

Kucha

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
The Washington Post wrote a lengthy article about Sean Taylor that I found worth reading. Some people were recently dreaming about having him in a Fins uniform in large part due to his unbelievable skills and talent...well, this is a great article about him that may sober/cool some off. Make your conclusions about him if you will but after reading this, I became more convinced than ever that I'd be very leery about adding him to my team if the opportunity presented itself. The guy will probably grow up one day but (pure speculation) it may not be while he's still playing football if he keeps making these types of decisions:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/06/16/AR2005061601302.html

Dude is a thug. Plain and simple...

And after this article, his mother might even be in trouble. Pitbulls are illegal in Miami-Dade county.

Good read. I wasn't all for Taylor coming to Miami (mainly b/c I knew there was no chance of it). Would I love him to play for the Phish? Yes. But, I don't think it is a good Idea FOR SEAN. When you grow up with certain friends (thugs, either wannabes or the real thing) it's not a good idea to play proffesional ball in the same city. For the simple fact of the access that they will have to him during the season. I am never a proponent of changing you childhood friends. They are who they are, and on top of that they supported him and had his back when he was nothing. The But I am all for making better decisions with your life. I dont think Sean has fully grapsed that concept yet. Everyone has choices that they have to make and those choices carry consequences (some can change your life forever)

After reading the article I believe Wahsington (or some place far away for his hood) is the best thing for him right now. I believe he has to see that the world is bigger than just S florida, and that will help bring about maturity. To me it's never about your friends bringing you down, NO, it's about YOU and what road you want your life to follow......

phillyphinphan said:
I believe Wahsington (or some place far away for his hood) is the best thing for him right now

Hood? He didn't grow up in no hood. West Perrine is NOT his home. Neither of his parents live in the hood and Sean went to one of the elite private High Schools in Miami. I went to Miami Country Day (similar type school) and back then we were a bunch of wannabe thugs. We got into fights and hung out with some shady people. Some of our fights were with thugs cause we thought we were hard. It was dumb. Sean Taylor is an adult and shouldn't be letting his pride and stupidity put him in positions to go chasing thugs. They have nothing to lose - he does!

Having said that - I would LOVE for Sean to play for the Phins. In fact all these teams complaining about how UM players won't come to voluntary workouts in the offseason because they want to be in Miami, well just trade them all to the Phins and there won't be any problems.

caneaddict said:
Hood? He didn't grow up in no hood. West Perrine is NOT his home. Neither of his parents live in the hood and Sean went to one of the elite private High Schools in Miami. I went to Miami Country Day (similar type school) and back then we were a bunch of wannabe thugs. We got into fights and hung out with some shady people. Some of our fights were with thugs cause we thought we were hard. It was dumb. Sean Taylor is an adult and shouldn't be letting his pride and stupidity put him in positions to go chasing thugs. They have nothing to lose - he does!

Having said that - I would LOVE for Sean to play for the Phins. In fact all these teams complaining about how UM players won't come to voluntary workouts in the offseason because they want to be in Miami, well just trade them all to the Phins and there won't be any problems.

Where Sean grew up and Gulliver have nothing to do with one another...I would bet my left nut that he got a full ride scholarship to attend Gulliver and that his parents didn't pay for him to go. Private high schools do that all the time.

miamirick said:
Where Sean grew up and Gulliver have nothing to do with one another...I would bet my left nut that he got a full ride scholarship to attend Gulliver and that his parents didn't pay for him to go. Private high schools do that all the time.

I'm sure he got a scholarship but he still didn't grow up in the hood. I've never been down to Florida City ... anyone on here from there? Can someone familiar with Florida City please let us know if it's 'the hood'.

miamirick said:
And after this article, his mother might even be in trouble. Pitbulls are illegal in Miami-Dade county.
when did this get passed?? b/c i know a few people in miami dade county with pitbulls

He seems immature and give's in to peer pressure very easily. He'll grow up and realize he made stupid mistakes. The guys a millionare and in his early 20's. Everybody wants to be a gangster until they see the other side of things. People getting killed, the law. That will change most wanna be gangsters attitude quick.

tucker said:
when did this get passed?? b/c i know a few people in miami dade county with pitbulls

That law has been in effect for quite a few years now...they are illegal here.

caneaddict said:
I'm sure he got a scholarship but he still didn't grow up in the hood. I've never been down to Florida City ... anyone on here from there? Can someone familiar with Florida City please let us know if it's 'the hood'.

Lets just say that Florida City isn't exactly the place most people strive to move to. Its at the mouth of the Florida Keys and is, for the most part...a low income area. I know for a fact that the areas just off of US1 down there are not very nice. I go through there quite often on my way down and stop there to buy bait.

miamirick said:
Dude is a thug. Plain and simple...

obviously they were granfathered in if he just has them outside.

legendary137 said:
obviously they were granfathered in if he just has them outside.

As far as I know...there is no "grandfathering" with this law...I'll look it up. But I know that they are illegal to own one in the county. period.

Edit: Just looked it up. Please refer to Section 5-17 on the following link. It does state that you can have one that was registered prior to 1989. However, I doubt that there are very many 16+ year old pitbulls out there.

Link:
Miami-Dade Pitbull Law

caneaddict said:

you're squabbling is really insignificant. what's hood? your physical home address or the place where you eat, sleep, ish, and bleed. that wasn't even my main point.......

KuchaMucha said:
The Washington Post wrote a lengthy article about Sean Taylor that I found worth reading. Some people were recently dreaming about having him in a Fins uniform in large part due to his unbelievable skills and talent...well, this is a great article about him that may sober/cool some off. Make your conclusions about him if you will but after reading this, I became more convinced than ever that I'd be very leery about adding him to my team if the opportunity presented itself. The guy will probably grow up one day but (pure speculation) it may not be while he's still playing football if he keeps making these types of decisions:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/06/16/AR2005061601302.html

YEA I WANTED HIM ONCE,........AS A ROOKIE, butt I am sick and tired of athletes bringing there sorry gangster mentalitys into sports leave that garbage on the streets where it belongs. NWA IS GONE 2PAC IS GONE WHY WONT U GO AWAY 2?????????????????????????????????????????(not u personally)

Back
Top Bottom