Article from Chiefs.com | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Article from Chiefs.com

dolfan87

The Human Bullet
Reaction score
Nobody asked me, but if the Chiefs and Dolphins reach a standoff, I have a suggestion: the Chiefs give up their second and fourth round picks. In return, they get Surtain and the Dolphins fourth-round pick. That sweetens the pot for the Chiefs, allowing them to move up in the round from the 116th pick to the 104th choice. That’s the third selection in the second day of the draft, a prime spot. Once those first three rounds are completed, every team in the league sits down with their draft board and pinpoints players who have slipped into the second day. That earlier fourth would give the Chiefs some options: another trade to move up or down, or one of the best spots in Day No. 2.

Linky

"Nobody asked me, but if the Chiefs and Dolphins reach a standoff, I have a suggestion: the Chiefs give up their second and fourth round picks. In return, they get Surtain and the Dolphins fourth-round pick. That sweetens the pot for the Chiefs, allowing them to move up in the round from the 116th pick to the 104th choice. That’s the third selection in the second day of the draft, a prime spot. Once those first three rounds are completed, every team in the league sits down with their draft board and pinpoints players who have slipped into the second day. That earlier fourth would give the Chiefs some options: another trade to move up or down, or one of the best spots in Day No. 2."

How about no.

They want Pat they give up their second this year and a mid rounder next year or they give up a mid rounder this year and a first next year.

We are sending them a Pro Bowl corner...and that is ALL we will be sending them. We won't be sending them a "compromise" pick.

I'm sick to death of Chief fan or Chief writer acting like they are doing us a favour by taking Pat off our hands. I have news for Chief fan and Chief writer. Pat is under contract for the year. We also have the franchise tag. If you don't want him then don't take him. Sign a crippled Ty Law.

If they don't like it the demands the dolphins have for Pat they can sit down and enjoy the recievers of the AFC West run through, around, over and past their pathetic excuse for a secondary once again....

unifiedtheory said:
"Nobody asked me, but if the Chiefs and Dolphins reach a standoff, I have a suggestion: the Chiefs give up their second and fourth round picks. In return, they get Surtain and the Dolphins fourth-round pick. That sweetens the pot for the Chiefs, allowing them to move up in the round from the 116th pick to the 104th choice. That’s the third selection in the second day of the draft, a prime spot. Once those first three rounds are completed, every team in the league sits down with their draft board and pinpoints players who have slipped into the second day. That earlier fourth would give the Chiefs some options: another trade to move up or down, or one of the best spots in Day No. 2."

How about no.

They want Pat they give up their second this year and a mid rounder next year or they give up a mid rounder this year and a first next year.

We are sending them a Pro Bowl corner...and that is ALL we will be sending them. We won't be sending them a "compromise" pick.

I'm sick to death of Chief fan or Chief writer acting like they are doing us a favour by taking Pat off our hands. I have news for Chief fan and Chief writer. Pat is under contract for the year. We also have the franchise tag. If you don't want him then don't take him. Sign a crippled Ty Law.

If they don't like it the demands the dolphins have for Pat they can sit down and enjoy the recievers of the AFC West run through, around, over and past their pathetic excuse for a secondary once again....

Amen!

unifiedtheory said:

How about no.

nice post

unifiedtheory said:

How about no.

I think thats all that needs to be said about that!

Saban has said he wants a 2cond rounder & now you think it's not enough...wow:shakeno:

If that's what it takes to get the deal done, I'd do it.

I'll take the Chiefs' 2nd -- period. And that's a bargain for a pro-bowl corner. Let's see you go out and get another one. Supply and demand is in our favor. I want the early 4th we have -- that could be Adrian McPherson. Last year it was Will Poole.

interestingly that article also states that despite recent reports the chiefs have not agreed on a contract extension for surtain. this may be old news to you guys but its new to me

shouright said:
I'll take the Chiefs' 2nd -- period. And that's a bargain for a pro-bowl corner. Let's see you go out and get another one. Supply and demand is in our favor. I want the early 4th we have -- that could be Adrian McPherson. Last year it was Will Poole.

I agree that Surtain is worth the #46 pick & I would happly do it. But if it would come down to the deal not getting done over moving up or down 12 spots in the fourth round...thats a shame

Sean LaChapelle said:
Saban has said he wants a 2cond rounder & now you think it's not enough...wow:shakeno:

Saban has never said what he wanted.

Sean LaChapelle said:
I agree that Surtain is worth the #46 pick & I would happly do it. But if it would come down to the deal not getting done over moving up or down 12 spots in the fourth round...thats a shame

As that writer wrote, that pick in the fourth is a quality pick. Guys slip through the cracks, and picking that low in the fourth is a nice thing.

I don't think any swap should occur. Give up the second, and go win your division.

byroan said:
Saban has never said what he wanted.

you got me there, he has only rumored to have wanted a 2cond rounder. Just like the rumor about the deal with Surtain & the Chiefs being done

Surtain is better than any Cb that the chiefs can get at 15 i say go for their 1st

Sean LaChapelle said:

Saban is asking for a second round pick and a middle round choice. He's not just asking for a second round pick. Nick isn't going to budge either. Miami doesn't have to trade Patrick Surtain. They can simply keep him and place the franchise tag on him next season.

Back
Top Bottom