Article from Foxsports | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Article from Foxsports

Nzone

Old School
Reaction score
"Amid a number of big changes on the coaching staff, the addition of offensive line coach Hudson Houck could be the biggest. Houck has been part of several excellent offensive lines, including two Super Bowl championship lines in Dallas (1993 and 1995) and the San Diego line this year."

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/team?statsId=15

Here is a bit about Houck...I posted it a week ago but I thought I'd share again...

San Diego 2003:

• The Chargers lead the NFL in yards per carry. That season, the unit was forced to use 11 different starters, but still produced the league’s sixth-ranked rushing attack.

Dallas 1993-2001:

• Dallas was one of only three teams in the league to allow fewer than 40 sacks in each of Houck’s nine years.
  • They gave up less than 20 sacks three times during that period.
  • In Houck’s nine-year run with the Cowboys, the unit allowed the fewest sacks in the NFL.
  • Over Houck’s NFL career, his lines have helped produce six NFL rushing titles and 20 individual 1,000-yard rushing seasons.
  • During his time in Dallas six different offensive linemen were named to the Pro Bowl at least two times each – Larry Allen (seven), Nate Newton (five), Erik Williams (four), Ray Donaldson (two), Mark Stepnoski (two) and Mark Tuinei (two).

L.A. Rams 1983-91:

• During his time with that franchise, no team sent more linemen to the Pro Bowl, led by Hall of Famer Jackie Slater’s seven trips. Doug Smith went six times and three others combined for eight trips.
  • The Rams had a 1,000-yard rusher in seven of Houck’s nine seasons, including four rushing titles – three by Eric Dickerson and one by Charles White.
  • In Houck’s final three seasons with the Rams (1989-91), Jim Everett threw for more yards than any other NFL quarterback during that span.
  • Houck’s units’ pass protection enabled Everett to make every start from 1988-91.
This guys success is more then just the talent he has had. He has obviously been able to get the most out of talented players.

I don't know about you guys but in my opinion this is THE BEST damn resume I have ever seen for a positional coach.

unifiedtheory said:
Here is a bit about Houck...I posted it a week ago but I thought I'd share again...

San Diego 2003:

• The Chargers lead the NFL in yards per carry. That season, the unit was forced to use 11 different starters, but still produced the league’s sixth-ranked rushing attack.

Dallas 1993-2001:

• Dallas was one of only three teams in the league to allow fewer than 40 sacks in each of Houck’s nine years.
  • They gave up less than 20 sacks three times during that period.
  • In Houck’s nine-year run with the Cowboys, the unit allowed the fewest sacks in the NFL.
  • Over Houck’s NFL career, his lines have helped produce six NFL rushing titles and 20 individual 1,000-yard rushing seasons.
  • During his time in Dallas six different offensive linemen were named to the Pro Bowl at least two times each – Larry Allen (seven), Nate Newton (five), Erik Williams (four), Ray Donaldson (two), Mark Stepnoski (two) and Mark Tuinei (two).

L.A. Rams 1983-91:

• During his time with that franchise, no team sent more linemen to the Pro Bowl, led by Hall of Famer Jackie Slater’s seven trips. Doug Smith went six times and three others combined for eight trips.
  • The Rams had a 1,000-yard rusher in seven of Houck’s nine seasons, including four rushing titles – three by Eric Dickerson and one by Charles White.
  • In Houck’s final three seasons with the Rams (1989-91), Jim Everett threw for more yards than any other NFL quarterback during that span.
  • Houck’s units’ pass protection enabled Everett to make every start from 1988-91.
This guys success is more then just the talent he has had. He has obviously been able to get the most out of talented players.

I don't know about you guys but in my opinion this is THE BEST damn resume I have ever seen for a positional coach.

I agree. It seems like he is the best?

I don't think St Clair will be starting at RT next year.. Carey should definitely be starting.

Back
Top Bottom