Article in Miami Herald about the cap... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Article in Miami Herald about the cap...

Originally posted by clumpedplatelet
[$12 million signing bonus for Zach Thomas? That's stoopid!
not as stupid as
The Dolphins have some dead money this season: Defensive tackle Daryl Gardener, let go for disciplinary reasons before the 2002 season, counts for approximately $6.6 million against the cap this year.
:eek:

interesting:
During the salary-cap era, which began in 1993, the Dolphins and the Green Bay Packers are the only teams that have never had a losing record

:up:

-- but the Dolphins have never won a title during that stretch, putting pressure on coaches to succeed.

:fire:

If Zach was a few years younger, then $12 million wouldn't be as bad. $12 million signing bonuses to 30+ yr old players is a mistake

Originally posted by clumpedplatelet
If Zach was a few years younger, then $12 million wouldn't be as bad. $12 million signing bonuses to 30+ yr old players is a mistake

I agree with that. I'd rather cut him than give him a bonus of $12M. The most I'd go, and I certainly hope it winds up to be less, is $9M over six years and hope we can get four years out of him so the dead money in 2007 is only $3M.

Bills made that type of mistake when they re-signed Bruce Smith and Thurman Thomas to long-term extensions with large signing bonuses.

John Butler "School of Capology" :down:

Back
Top Bottom