Article: NFL Offseason Grades | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Article: NFL Offseason Grades

so-long-Ricky said:
I disagree......I won't say that we had a great off season (so far) but looking @ the overall picture and not paying over-the-hill FA top dollar makes economic sense.
Besides Holcomb they addressed the o-line w/FA guard Mike Gandy and o-lineman Anderson who's been the starter for the Ravens for the past few years.

I guess since we didn't make a huge "splash" in the FA market I guess it's considered a bad off-season. I just think the overall picture should be viewed while making this type of rating....that's all.
Good point + Donahue is 1 of the best talent evaluators around. Hes among the best and if i were a bils fan I wouldnt panic. I actually wanted miami to hire him instead of spielman a few years back but he wouldnt take the job or interview i dont believe. He was great for years in pitt though.

Dolfan2788 said:
The overall picture wasn't taken in and you lost a good LT, a good run stuffing DT and a mediocre QB. You didn't replace any of them apart from get Kelly Holcomb who is no good, you keep fluffing up your offseason but the fact is it was not a good offseason and the draft grade is pretty close to how bad you guys did. (So far)

Incorrect.....we lost an average LT, trust me he was nothing special but since there really weren't any other LT's available on the FA @ the time is why he got the big contract.

Kelly Holcomb is no good? Review his stats before making that comment. Also keep in mind he's our backup, not starter.

I guess according to you we should be pulling a Wanny and start overpaying any FA that has value to the team. TD is shrewd and that will never happen.

As for your comment about "fluffing up your offseason"....I have no idea where that is coming from. I've never make any statements to suggest that.

You keep pumping up and fluffin up your offseason because you keep saying that you are glad you didn't overpay a good LT and you didn't replace him, you are calling Kelly Holcomb a good QB. A Left tackle which is an important position on the offense is valuable to a team especially if he is an above average LT which Jennings is even only an above average tackle in which Jennings is. I have reviewed his stats(Holcomb's) and they are not that good IMO and Bledsoe was better even though he was nothing to write home about.

Free agent LT are always going to get a big contract if they go in the first week.

You also made a silly assumption that according to me you should start overpaying any FA. Wrong all I have said that a D grade on your offseason is correct so far.

You lost a good DT a good LT and a mediocre QB and replaced only the QB with a below average one. Those are the cold facts and that is why the Bills deserve a D.

off-season whatever.... :) Remember when the Bills actually did alot during the offseason a couple years ago and everyone was voting them to go to the SB within 3 weeks of the season? oh yeah....that was until we played them.....

Some moves that appear to be 'good' may not pan out while other moves that appear to 'suck' (getting rid of Milloy for example) may not. It all depends on the team and only the season will tell.

Dolfan2788 said:
You keep pumping up and fluffin up your offseason because you keep saying that you are glad you didn't overpay a good LT and you didn't replace him, you are calling Kelly Holcomb a good QB. A Left tackle which is an important position on the offense is valuable to a team especially if he is an above average LT which Jennings is even only an above average tackle in which Jennings is. I have reviewed his stats(Holcomb's) and they are not that good IMO and Bledsoe was better even though he was nothing to write home about.

Free agent LT are always going to get a big contract if they go in the first week.

You also made a silly assumption that according to me you should start overpaying any FA. Wrong all I have said that a D grade on your offseason is correct so far.

You lost a good DT a good LT and a mediocre QB and replaced only the QB with a below average one. Those are the cold facts and that is why the Bills deserve a D.

You obviously have no clue about Jonas Jennings ability @ LT. Have you read any other reviews? 90% of the evaluators out there say that was the worst financial FA pickup this off season by ANY team. So I guess according to you we should have offered him more? That would have been great....for every other team in the AFC east except Buffalo.

And what other LTs were available???? I guess we could have made a run @ Pace, given up about a half dozen picks and $50million.
What the reporter and you fail to realize is we have another player on our team that was a starter @ LT for a couple years (Trey Teague). Like I said, he's not our 1st choice but as of right now we do have options.

As for Bledsoe......he should have been jettisoned last year as far as I'm concerned. If anything our team should have been considered upgraded letting him go.

Holcomb had never had a chance under B Davis......and yet he still won some games. The kid has some talent.....to say that he isn't good is way to premature especially under the circumstances he was put in.

Cheapshotz said:
How did the Jets receive a B? They should get a D along with the Bills. They lost McKenzie, Ferguson, Jordan (the STUD back up to a 31 year old Martin), not to mention the Abraham debacle and noodle arm Pennington's injury:roflmao:.

All they picked up was Jay Fiedler, Blaylock and Coles in a swap for Moss.

My thoughts exactly. On paper this is as bad an offseason as Buffalo's.

Cheapshotz said:
How did the Jets receive a B? They should get a D along with the Bills. They lost McKenzie, Ferguson, Jordan (the STUD back up to a 31 year old Martin), not to mention the Abraham debacle and noodle arm Pennington's injury:roflmao:.

All they picked up was Jay Fiedler, Blaylock and Coles in a swap for Moss.

We lost nothing but replaceable parts and in most cases have replaced them so far while helping our cap. We have had an excellent offseason.

Nublar7, I know you realize this.

It's a little early to be grading the offseason. That guy "jumped the gun" on this article.

so-long-Ricky said:
You obviously have no clue about Jonas Jennings ability @ LT. Have you read any other reviews? 90% of the evaluators out there say that was the worst financial FA pickup this off season by ANY team. So I guess according to you we should have offered him more? That would have been great....for every other team in the AFC east except Buffalo.

And what other LTs were available???? I guess we could have made a run @ Pace, given up about a half dozen picks and $50million.
What the reporter and you fail to realize is we have another player on our team that was a starter @ LT for a couple years (Trey Teague). Like I said, he's not our 1st choice but as of right now we do have options.

As for Bledsoe......he should have been jettisoned last year as far as I'm concerned. If anything our team should have been considered upgraded letting him go.

Holcomb had never had a chance under B Davis......and yet he still won some games. The kid has some talent.....to say that he isn't good is way to premature especially under the circumstances he was put in.

The whole point of my posts were to say that the Bills deserved to get a D because they had lost good players and replaced only one of them full stop. No more discussion, you obviously don't read the posts that I write fully or you would have some clue of what I am trying to say. Because that is all I was trying to say all along. You're first post made the most sense when you said that you could fill those positions back up in the draft and you were trading for Shelton, I agreed with that post but that grading is purely off of what the Bills have done so far.

Here's the best line from the article:

"Houston: Three things that tell you all you need to know about the Texans' offseason -- Morlon Greenwood, five years and $22.5 million. Grade: D"

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

PhinKev said:
Here's the best line from the article:

"Houston: Three things that tell you all you need to know about the Texans' offseason -- Morlon Greenwood, five years and $22.5 million. Grade: D"

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

so-long-Ricky said:
Yea......because we really care about what some deadbeat reporter thinks of Buffalos off season moves. I guess according to this genius we should have signed JJ for more than the $12million signing bonus that he received.....and overpaying a DT that's 32years old for almost $5m a year.

Smart guy there........:shakeno:
I think he's saying that there loses will hurt you guys. You can't argue that. They may have been older or too expensive but you currently have to replacements for them. But i'm sure Phil Donahue has somethin up his sleeves. :roflmao:

Back
Top Bottom