Article on Green situation with quote from Daunte | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Article on Green situation with quote from Daunte

thanks, one more qb to the mix can't hurt i suppose, may the best man win....still wish we just stood firm and kept our picks for next spring

thanks, one more qb to the mix can't hurt i suppose, may the best man win....still wish we just stood firm and kept our picks for next spring

Thing is, we have our QB of the future . . . so hopefully there will be no more wasting picks on QB's after this Trent Green situation.

But I just can't imagine Daunte just getting released like that unless a team comes with a 4th round pick or higher in a trade offer . . . it would be just STUPID to go thru camp and preseason w/o this competition at the most vital position

There's so much speculation going on, it a total overload. However, I would love to have a real competition at QB. You can say what you want about Daunte, but he has a very competitive nature and is probably relishing a quarterback battle.

Can't believe they gave up a fourth rounder for a guy who already knows the system and know there was not a chance in hell that Chiefs were going to keep him. The chief won in this battle of wills.

I think you can forget about the competition. It is obvious that Green has been promised the job. The competition will not be fair if at all.

There's so much speculation going on, it a total overload. However, I would love to have a real competition at QB. You can say what you want about Daunte, but he has a very competitive nature and is probably relishing a quarterback battle.

I second this. WAY TOO MUCH speculation. IMHO there is no promise of a starter's role for any of the QBs. There will be competition. And even if Green somehow is not the starter and C-Pep is here to be it Green can help show Beck the ropes and be there to step in if C-Pep falters or is re-injured. Lets see how it plays out.

I think you can forget about the competition. It is obvious that Green has been promised the job. The competition will not be fair if at all.

I tend to agree... though, it would be great to see a real competition. It sure would settle some debates here. :)

There will be no real competion because C-pep will be released. They went out and got Green, not to sit the bench. He is in Miami for one reason only to groom John Beck. The same way Kitna groomed Palmer in Cincy. C-pep healthy or not is not the style QB that Green and Beck are, so it would make no sense to keep him. C-pep is not healthy enough to play at full speed in the NFL. Even if he was he would be gone because Mueller and Cameron feel he does not fit the Dolphins new offensive outlook.

lets just hope mr beck is like a sponge soaking up knowledge from green and cpep,having 2 vets around to lead a young qb cant be bad:cooldude:

Back
Top Bottom