Article on Jeno James | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Article on Jeno James

MDFINFAN

Reach for the Stars
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Man, when I think back to that year we got him, I remember who Speilman was trying to get on the OL..Had Speilman became successful..our OL would have been, McIntosh, James, McKinney, Woody, Tait.. That would have been awesome...But Woody and Tait turned us down for more money else where..plus other teams reminded them that Wanny probably wouldn't be there much longer.

Anyway has Jeno been as tough as it seemed he'd be coming from Carolina with all the hype about him..

http://www.miamifootball365.com/articles/miami-dolphins/2006/jeno-james-dolphins020606.html

Actuelly I think Tait turned us down just because he like the Chi town area better, but that would be a huge boost to our line if Jeno can step his game of for 06

t2thejz said:
Actuelly I think Tait turned us down just because he like the Chi town area better, but that would be a huge boost to our line if Jeno can step his game of for 06

When he took a flight to Miami, nobody picked him up at the airport. When someone eventually taxied him to the stadium, they took him through the slums of the city. He got to the facility and said back to the airport.

I think our whole line started showing signs of being a strongpoint. The only problem they had last year was stupid mental mistakes at the beginning of the season. After Houck had a little more time the penalties and mistakes turned into being one of the best lines in the NFL as far as fewest sacks for the year and 2 RB's averaging almost 4.5 ypc. Jeno will be fine.

Good read, thanks. Jeno has all the tools, year two under Houck he'll prove all we want, that he can be a top talent.

In Saban We Trust!

Jeno has alot of experience playing at a high level of football. He blocked well against one of the best teams in the biggest game of the year. He's got the skills to be a good O-linemen and with Houckster teaching him, he will only get better. I have one question for yah Phin Brothers? What'cha gonna do when the Houckster comes for you?!

Our line looked pretty darn good last year, especially since we were constantly swapping tackles.

Also don't forget we tried to sign Olin Kruetz, (spelling) from Chicago. He turned us down to stay with the Bears.

HysterikiLL said:
When he took a flight to Miami, nobody picked him up at the airport. When someone eventually taxied him to the stadium, they took him through the slums of the city. He got to the facility and said back to the airport.

somebody correct me if I'm wrong but I think it was Spielman's wife who showed them around town and real estate, she decided to take the Slum route to get to the nice areas. Something to that effect.

Either way, things happen for a reason and Tait IMO hasn't played up to the standards of his contract.

Spray Mucus said:
somebody correct me if I'm wrong but I think it was Spielman's wife who showed them around town and real estate, she decided to take the Slum route to get to the nice areas. Something to that effect.

Either way, things happen for a reason and Tait IMO hasn't played up to the standards of his contract.

You'll right Tait hasn't played to the size of that contract and I'm a little glad we didn't get him, even though at the time I really wanted him..and someone else is right, had Speilman really succeeded in doing all that he was trying to do, our OLine would have been McIntosh, James, Olin, Woody and Tait.. Yep, Spielman isnt a good GM, he wasn't trying to put a good OL together.. Plus Chambers, plus Brees, plus Bolin, facilitating the trade for Ricky...nope, not a good GM at all..:shakeno: Instead, when he couldn't get he went plan B..Mcintoch, James, Mckinney, Hadnot, (great draft pick spielman), Carey, oops another one of his draft picks..he built the right side through the draft..hmmmm a noval idea..

Back
Top Bottom