article on linehan | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

article on linehan

I don't like all the attention everyone is giving towards speculation on our draft, free agency moves, etc. It's almost like a post-mortem on the season. It's just not over yet. Sure, the loss to the Patriots went a long way toward closing the door on any playoff hopes, but we still have an outside shot of taking advantage of our poor division (especially since we have a chance to play our division foes again). My point is, we were extremely close to being in the driver's seat in the division. Shouldn't we focus more attention on how Linehan squandered away our chances the past two weeks? Seriously, regardless of the personnel we pick up, we can't afford such boneheaded play-calling. Here's hoping he's shipped off in the off-season (or sooner). I like Nick Saban a lot, but nothing reflects on the public's perception of coaching as much as the play-calling. Casual fans don't know Scott Linehan's name, and are blaming Saban for losing the last two very winnable games.

You have to admit its difficult to understand how we don't pound the ball 50% of the time when you have R&R in the back field.
I don't get it

mbmonk said:
First morich74 welcome to the board. Glad to have you :). :welcome:

I just cant agree with his premise of the article. I was questioning that more than the playcalling aspect of the article. His premise to me is laughable. Here it is:

He attributes to throwing on running situations due to the coaches self-centerdness? Really. That is his arguement. He mentions nothing about passing in running situations as a form of suprising the other team and doing something unexpected in order to give yourself a better chance of success. He also fails to mention the NE secondary was in tatters due to injuries. Unlike the front 7 of NE who had Bruscie back as well as Seamor for this game.

But regardless I feel as if the premise is wrong.

Your points are on the money, but the secondary's short-comings in NE are most felt not so close to the end zone, since they have much less ground to cover, so if Linehan did it for that reason, it was a bit misscalculated. It worked better getting us down there.

morich74 said:
I don't like all the attention everyone is giving towards speculation on our draft, free agency moves, etc. It's almost like a post-mortem on the season. It's just not over yet. Sure, the loss to the Patriots went a long way toward closing the door on any playoff hopes, but we still have an outside shot of taking advantage of our poor division (especially since we have a chance to play our division foes again). My point is, we were extremely close to being in the driver's seat in the division. Shouldn't we focus more attention on how Linehan squandered away our chances the past two weeks? Seriously, regardless of the personnel we pick up, we can't afford such boneheaded play-calling. Here's hoping he's shipped off in the off-season (or sooner). I like Nick Saban a lot, but nothing reflects on the public's perception of coaching as much as the play-calling. Casual fans don't know Scott Linehan's name, and are blaming Saban for losing the last two very winnable games.

There is little we can wonder about the play-calling, but there is much to wonder about trades and FA's and the draft. I do not talk much in those areas but I think some of those that do, do not think we will make the playoffs. so the other stuff interests them. Nothing wrong with that, since we are not making the playoffs. That is long over. The best that can happen due to tiebreakers is we are close and say things like.."if only...in the first half of the season"...

Back
Top Bottom