Article on Tannehill (take it for what it's worth) | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Article on Tannehill (take it for what it's worth)

Make no mistake: If Tannehill is starting Week 1, the expectation should be that he's ready to go. If he's not starting out of the gate, all he can do to prove himself is be ready if and when called upon, be as studious as possible from the bench and be patient in the process of his development.
The Dolphins as a team have just as much to prove as Tannehill, if not even more. Because it's not just about Tannehill readiness for the NFL, it's about the Dolphins' readiness for Tannehill.

Sounds like a Christopher Nolan film...It truly is about Tannehill's readiness for the Dolphins. He was drafted number 8 overall for a reason, that being he presents with Talent and Leadership. There are many examples of QB's with a low start percentage in college, he attended every meeting, he knows the system, knows the playbook. He even started calling receivers to get prepared, he's helping other teammates get ready on the field...I like what I see already and can't wait to see how this pans out.

At this point, what do we have to lose. We have to go after it with all we have!

I 100% expect him to be the starter, I don't 100% expect him to be the starter out of the gate.

Sounds like a Christopher Nolan film...It truly is about Tannehill's readiness for the Dolphins. He was drafted number 8 overall for a reason, that being he presents with Talent and Leadership. There are many examples of QB's with a low start percentage in college, he attended every meeting, he knows the system, knows the playbook. He even started calling receivers to get prepared, he's helping other teammates get ready on the field...I like what I see already and can't wait to see how this pans out.

I would like to see the decision made in as much of a vacuum as possible. In other words, make the decision purely based on his performance and NOT because he's was number 8 overall. If Philbin thinks he is the best QB on the team at the beginning of the season, then play him. Otherwise, bench him. There is NO harm in letting him sit until he is the best on the team.

I 100% expect him to be the starter, I don't 100% expect him to be the starter out of the gate.

I expect him to bust, unless he radically improves his game. Scrambling in college is one thing; scrambling in the NFL is something else entirely. And he throws well to the outside, but NOT to the inside. When throwing to the inside, he himself has said that he often doesn't trust his "reads", and that he DOES stare down his WRs. That better stop, and quickly. Because very soon, all he'll have to throw is dumpoffs to the outside "flats". They'll jump anyone/any pattern that he stares down, and look to sit on/"jump" his outside patterns. As to his deep ball, any solid FS will take THAT away w/little trouble at all.

I would like to see the decision made in as much of a vacuum as possible. In other words, make the decision purely based on his performance and NOT because he's was number 8 overall. If Philbin thinks he is the best QB on the team at the beginning of the season, then play him. Otherwise, bench him. There is NO harm in letting him sit until he is the best on the team.

I didn't say he should start BECAUSE he was 8th overall, I just mentioned that he was 8th overall because he HAS the talent and other intangibles I believe necessary for a starting role. Who really benefits from the sitting vs. starting role right away. Many of the 1st round QB's drafted in the last decade or so were put in as rookies and its working out. I just feel the learning curve is much improved if you get him out there now.

We drafted him to be our future, I personnaly don't see what harm could possibly be done in sticking him out there. If a 2nd round Dalton do what it takes to get the Bengals to the playoffs his first year I don't see why we couldn't start Tanny. I have high expectations for him because of the Talent he has...which is why he was drafted 8th; play him for that reason, not for the position of pick.

At this point, what do we have to lose. We have to go after it with all we have!

I agree!!! I don't buy the notion that many young QB's get ruined by being thrown into the NFL too soon. I know the NFL is a faster game than college ball, but if you are prepared and know the system, like Tannehill does, than I think let him start. He should have a good O-line with Long, Martin, Pouncey, and Andrew McDonald also sounds like a guy who probably could start at Guard. Tannehill has some decent weapons at RB, and I think the Phins will be ok with the WR's/TE's we have. Tannehill will likely take his lumps, but so did Elway and a lot of good QB's their first year. Let the best guy win the job.

I see it as Moore will start the season and have a window of opprotunity. That window to me is the first 6 games where a bye follows. Perfect time to switch QB's in my opinion. It may even happen if we are say 4-2 by the bye week.

I see it as Moore will start the season and have a window of opprotunity. That window to me is the first 6 games where a bye follows. Perfect time to switch QB's in my opinion. It may even happen if we are say 4-2 by the bye week.

If Moore goes 4-2 why on Earth would we switch QBs? Are we trying to avoid the playoffs or something?

Tannehill has been ready to go since the day he was drafted. When he sent texts to Egnew about plays, I saw that he is going to be our guy.

Back
Top Bottom