Article: Will there be College Football in 2020? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Article: Will there be College Football in 2020?

Fin-Loco

Grilling Chicken Little
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score

Good read. The writers answer is yes but quite different. I agree.

The only thing nobody has mentioned is any player who will enter the 2021 draft would not want to play in the spring if they end up moving the season. I can’t see any players playing in the spring in college, then in the NFL in the fall. Spring ball would have a lot less high profile players.

The only thing nobody has mentioned is any player who will enter the 2021 draft would not want to play in the spring if they end up moving the season. I can’t see any players playing in the spring in college, then in the NFL in the fall. Spring ball would have a lot less high profile players.
It's mentioned in there.

Here's a bigger challenge. If there isn't college football and there is NFL football. Is there a draft? Kids currently can't enter the draft until they have used up their eligibility. https://operations.nfl.com/the-players/the-nfl-draft/the-rules-of-the-draft/

So, if there's no college football, what needs to change to allow for an NFL Draft next year?

Ivy Leagues announce their decision today which might or might not then be emulated by FBS.

It's mentioned in there.

Here's a bigger challenge. If there isn't college football and there is NFL football. Is there a draft? Kids currently can't enter the draft until they have used up their eligibility. https://operations.nfl.com/the-players/the-nfl-draft/the-rules-of-the-draft/

So, if there's no college football, what needs to change to allow for an NFL Draft next year?
Nothing, eligibility is based on number of years since leaving high school, not number of years of college football played, so the same players will still be eligible. It will still be quite different, but there will be players to draft.

Nothing, eligibility is based on number of years since leaving high school, not number of years of college football played, so the same players will still be eligible. It will still be quite different, but there will be players to draft.
Thanks Meat. Good to know we don't have to worry about the draft!

The Big 10 today stated they will only play conference games this coming season. Yesterday the Ivy League suspended all fall sports. I think every major conference will follow the lead of the Big 10 and limit their teams to only playing conference games this season.
If Covd19 continues to spread at a high rate over the next few months, I suspect that the fall football season will be moved to the spring of 2021 in hopes there will be a vaccine by then. I think the odds of actually having college football in 2020 is less than 50%.

The only thing nobody has mentioned is any player who will enter the 2021 draft would not want to play in the spring if they end up moving the season. I can’t see any players playing in the spring in college, then in the NFL in the fall. Spring ball would have a lot less high profile players. Speed Test

Back
Top Bottom