Arturo Freeman | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Arturo Freeman

finsnchips

2005 FinHeaven GM League Champion!!
Reaction score
I duno why, but on the train into London this morning I started to wonder what had happened to this guy.

I liked him, I thought he was a good safety who made plays, had good size and good speed. A FS that hits like a SS.

I cant understand why he is not back here. He would be a very nice compliment for Tebucky Jones IMO. There are only a few reasons that I can think of.

1) Wanny really mucked him about, especially last year - getting him to resign then signing Antuan Edwards and then hosting an unfair competition that Antuan was always going to win.

2) Saban has looked at game tapes and has not liked what he has seen. I just wonder whether Turo struggled with the burden of playing next to the pedestrian Sammy Knight.

3) 'Turo's agent did what Morlon Greenwood's did and left the fins because he could get stupid money elsewhere. This obviously hasn't happened for Turo on the open market.

I'd be a lot more happier going into next season with Freeman and Jones starting at S, with Bell, Bua and Tillman backing them up.

Bell, Bua and Tillman are all inexperienced, whilst Bell and Tillman are injury prone and Bua is moving from linebacker.

does anyone know what has happened to him, or what he is doing? any interest from other teams?

I'm guessing the Dolphins didn't want to pay him at his current salary but they might welcome him back at a reduced salary. I think Freeman does a pretty good job at free safety and I think he may end up coming back for the right price.

He was going to make 3 million next year so we let him go. I am shock that their isnt a team that signed him yet.

I was thinking he may come back too. We'll see.

please no more freeman...i didn't like him!!! we need to upgrade the safety positions and if we don't ....lets not overpay for a marginal safety like freeman!!!

I would like him back - bit suprised he isn't in GB with Bates.

The Packers are desperate for any kind of secondary help.

AF was a good FS. We should resign him. With Jones, that would be some heavy hitting oin the secondary.Balls popping loose all over the place.

Freeman is a gamer. He should definitely be resigned. He should have been starting for us a long time ago. Someone mentioned in here needing to upgrade as the S spot, well he is the upgrade. Freeman can hit, cover, and catch. PLEASE SABAN BRING HIM BACK.

finsnchips said:
A FS that hits like a SS.

Check the game tapes of the fins/chiefs game from 2 years ago and you'll find the "FS that hits like a SS" getting run over by Trent Green at the 3 yard line...

Most people will agree that Freeman was a liability in the run defense... He happened to have a few interceptions last year so he gets a bit overrated by the average fan. We need a FS, so I'm not trying to say we shouldnt re-sign him, but I gotta trust Saban here, hes trying to upgrade the run D and theres a reason Freeman hasn't been signed (at the same time, with all the teams out there needing defensive help, why havent any of them pursued Freeman??)

I don't think he was nearly as good as some of us want him to be.

Amin

Amin said:
theres a reason Freeman hasn't been signed (at the same time, with all the teams out there needing defensive help, why havent any of them pursued Freeman??)

I don't think he was nearly as good as some of us want him to be.

Amin

Amin, I guess thats the bottom line, if he is as good as some of us think he is, than why is he still available :confused: :confused: :confused:

He is not as good and no body else wants to overpay for an average player.

i think he has a lot of capability. Him being bad at the Run defense... well that expected because the runner's aint suppose to be gettin back to the secondary!! That was the responsbility of the D-Line and Linebackers and they just werent getting it done. Secondary is exactly that a SECONDARY resource in Run stopping. I thought he was a decent Safety and would be a good re-sign.

If AF last until the draft, I think immediately afterwards either we or some other team will pick him up. His agent was probably asking too much at the beginning of FA, and now the real reality is starting to set in, he will sign with someone on the cheap if he wants to play next year..if he doesn't he'll be out of football and that's a situation he really doesn't want.

If he were a SS, I'd expect him to hit hard every play... but he was productive from FS.

I was with Turo on Friday, he's just relaxing, waiting for the right oppurtunity. Drew is working on making him the money he wants, and he doesnt want to get stuck with a contract that the Dolphins gave him, so he is waiting for the right deal.

Back
Top Bottom