Arturo Freeman | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Arturo Freeman

net2

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I'm a Packers fan...and it appears as if Freeman will be coming on board in Green Bay before the draft.

I'm interested in some honest assessments of his abilities.

Help at safety is needed, but I'm a bit "underwhelmed" by his bio.

You help would be much appreciated.

net2 said:
I'm a Packers fan...and it appears as if Freeman will be coming on board in Green Bay before the draft.

He's not really that good, he's definatly no Sharper, but he's about average. He did have 4 picks this year despite not playin much in the begginning of the year.

AF is not a bad player, but he's not consistent in his pass coverages, which got him in some trouble around here. He has good speed, knows Bate's D, and hopefully will bossum for you guys...He started all last year, which should help, since he'll be playing in the same D.

MDFINFAN said:
AF is not a bad player, but he's not consistent in his pass coverages, which got him in some trouble around here. He has good speed, knows Bate's D, and hopefully will bossum for you guys...He started all last year, which should help, since he'll be playing in the same D.

He didn't start all last year, remember Antuan Edwards was starting for him before he was released.

Freeman had a very tuff time ever cracking the starting Lineup. Never lived up to his potential, more suited as a backup IMO.

He his a good teammate works very hard and does a lot of little things but he his not a starter but he should have a roster spot in any team in the NFL

net2 said:

He's a solid starter, but not a really big play maker. That's why we tried to replace him. He seemed to play a lot better under Bates...

He's an average FS who never really got a fair shake here. He's not suited for SS but whenever he's gotten the chance to play at FS he's done solid.

net2 said:

Net2, I'm going to be honest because it seems to be what you want, but you're not going to like the answer.

Arturo Freeman is a coach-killer.

He flashes enough skills to tantalize, but the truth is that aside form a few spectacular plays in the years he's been here, he has been just awful at every position he's been tried in.

He sucked at corner, nickle, dime, safety - you name the position, he's been toasted in it.

He was one of those Wannstedt guys that hung around because - as I said before - he does have some physical gifts; but no football smarts whatsoever to go with them. At the end of the day, he's just another of Wannstedt's many personnel failures.

I can tell you that without rejoicing at your team's poor judgment, I will breathe easier when he is signed elsewhere, so there's less chance he might get a call because someone went down with an injury or some such misfortune.

VanDolPhan said:
He's an average FS who never really got a fair shake here. He's not suited for SS but whenever he's gotten the chance to play at FS he's done solid.
Oh please, he was the "Jay Fiedler" of the defense. He was a Wanny guy who should have been cut after year 3. He was a stretch pick when we took him and he finally started his 3rd year and we saw how he was verse the cover 2 and tackling. In came Sammy Knight.

And to this day Arturo still can't figure out the cover 2 (hello Bengals sunday night game)

net2 said:

You might want to write a letter, or an email to the Head Coach of every team you play next year, and ask them not to throw it DEEP, then you will be fine.

:D

He is a good hitter, who once or twice a game, gets caught out of position.

I think everyone here respects and likes Jim Bates and what he did with our defense the last few years. Obviously our defense was always one of the better ones in the league. I think it is very telling that whenever Bates had his way Freeman was starting. I think it says alot that Edwards was cut in order to allow Freeman (I know...and Bell) some playing time. Edwards wasn't playing terrible, though he dropped a couple of sure INT's. I know that Knight was brought in to replace Freeman at SS but remember that FS is his actual position. Take it for it's worth but Bates seems to really like him. Being that he has seen him almost every play of his entire NFL career... I think it says something about Freeman.

Personal opinion, he's ok. He did better this year in his limited starts than he has in the past. He actually looked like a starter this time around. However, his career is not just starting and he hasn't been able to hold down a starting position. He'll be ok in Green Bay.

Thanks! I was looking for honesty. He sounds like another version of Antuan Edwards, who most Packers fans couldn't wait to be poop-canned.

I will share your thoughts with the Packers boards mates...and thanks again.

Schleprock said:
Oh please, he was the "Jay Fiedler" of the defense. He was a Wanny guy who should have been cut after year 3. He was a stretch pick when we took him and he finally started his 3rd year and we saw how he was verse the cover 2 and tackling. In came Sammy Knight.

And to this day Arturo still can't figure out the cover 2 (hello Bengals sunday night game)

Err ok. You do realize this guy was in "Wanny's" basement. He sucked it up at SS but if you look at the #'s the guy was solid BOTH times he played FS. He was a FS pushed into a SS position that wasn't suited to him and it showed. It's also just about all anyone can remember around here.

The guy finished with 4 INT's. 3 of which were after Bates took over. He also had a sack and an INT and 27 tackles the year he backed up Brock Marion at FS.

For a 5th rounder he did solid and never cost much. He will probably thrive in Bates defense out in GB now that he'll actually get solid reps all the time at FS.

Back
Top Bottom