As a matter of principle, why would we take Ricky back? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

As a matter of principle, why would we take Ricky back?

Doktor Ivel said:
yea, but it would be best for the team if he were to come back.

What do you base that off of? Do you realize how much locker room conflict his return could cause? Jason Taylor, Larry Chester, and many others seem to despise Ricky for what he did. JT went on camera calling Ricky a quitter. If you think it's best for the team because of his running ability refer to my post above. So again I ask you, what makes you say that it's best for the team?

Themajster said:
What do you base that off of? Do you realize how much locker room conflict his return could cause? Jason Taylor, Larry Chester, and many others seem to despise Ricky for what he did. JT went on camera calling Ricky a quitter. If you think it's best for the team because of his running ability refer to my post above. So again I ask you, what makes you say that it's best for the team?
I mean, we could get something good out of him in a trade.

Doktor Ivel said:
I mean, we could get something good out of him in a trade.

Are you kidding? We wouldn't get anything near what his value was last time he played a snap. I can't even think of many teams that would want him. There's plenty of good/stable rb's in free agency and the draft. Who (besides Oakland) is gonna trade for a guy that could change his mind in an instant and quit again?

Themajster said:
Are you kidding? We wouldn't get anything near what his value was last time he played a snap. I can't even think of many teams that would want him. There's plenty of good/stable rb's in free agency and the draft. Who (besides Oakland) is gonna trade for a guy that could change his mind in an instant and quit again?
anything is better than nothing.

MCMike81 said:
Bottom line this is a billion dollar business and its all about winning. I can gurantee you that anyone bashing Ricky right now would kiss his feet if he came back and we won a suber bowl in the next two years. The guy has problems and what he did to us is messed up but bottome line he is a great athlete and as you witnessed this passed season we are a much better team with him than without him. The bonus to him coming back would be that we could use our draft pick in another area and only strengthen our team further. Im all for him coming back I think that we are going to need a 3rd round insurance running back just in case he goes awall again.

That's just it!!! Ricky Williams does not gaurantee a SB, as a matter of fact he could not even gaurantee a freaking playoff while he was here. Yet with Lamar Smith they got there, and he single handedly got them to the next round.

As for kissing his feet, are you going to kiss the feet of those who keep mentioning to this board that he may walk out midseason and screw them again?

Kiss his feet? pfffffffffft. I'll kick hm in the keester..

Ozzy said:
That's just it!!! Ricky Williams does not gaurantee a SB, as a matter of fact he could not even gaurantee a freaking playoff while he was here. Yet with Lamar Smith they got there, and he single handedly got them to the next round.

As for kissing his feet, are you going to kiss the feet of those who keep mentioning to this board that he may walk out midseason and screw them again?

Kiss his feet? pfffffffffft. I'll kick hm in the keester..
we had a better team then

Doktor Ivel said:
we had a better team then

We did? Or was it almost the exact same? I know one new addition they made that year. They traded two first round picks for a Rb with serious questions about his mental state. Then they watched him bolt when his life was at a crossroad.

Ozzy said:
We did? Or was it almost the exact same? I know one new addition they made that year. They traded two first round picks for a Rb with serious questions about his mental state. Then they watched him bolt when his life was at a crossroad.
lol, i think that we had Mark Dixon, Tim Ruddy, and Todd Wade that year aswell, am I correct?

Ricky was a great running back, just not the most sound person. If he had better coaching around him, i think he might have considered staying. He was getting pounded from all of the running plays that wanny called. If we had balance i think it i would have increased his chances of staying. The whole Marijuana smoking thing was something that Wanny should have taken care of along time ago.

Doktor Ivel said:
lol, i think that we had Mark Dixon, Tim Ruddy, and Todd Wade that year aswell, am I correct?

They were on the team with both players..

PhinFan0202 said:
Ricky was a great running back, just not the most sound person. If he had better coaching around him, i think he might have considered staying. He was getting pounded from all of the running plays that wanny called. If we had balance i think it i would have increased his chances of staying. The whole Marijuana smoking thing was something that Wanny should have taken care of along time ago.

How was Wanny supposed to take care of it? The NFL does not inform a team if a player fails the first drug test.

As for the other comment. You do realize that it was Ricky's call for the backup Rb right? Seems that Ricky pounded his own self.

I could take him back because he's one of the best RB's in the NFL, its hard to find a player of his caliber

Back
Top Bottom