As a matter of principle, why would we take Ricky back? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

As a matter of principle, why would we take Ricky back?

mistergreens

Starter
Reaction score
I don't care if it makes our draft better, I don't care if he could help our team, at some point you have to screw the pooch and move on.

How could we in good conscience take him back?

mistergreens said:
I don't care if it makes our draft better, I don't care if he could help our team, at some point you have to screw the pooch and move on.

Honestly, that is the thing..... It's all about him helping the team, and honestly he is more talented then any RB that we could possibly get via trade or draft.

He's a headcase. Not a murderer. He quit because he wasn't happy with his life. I still don't believe he is happy with his life as a matter of fact. But the truth is, money won't make you happy, but not having any sure doesn't help either. Remember, whenever saban was asked about ricky he'd always say "IF hes a guy that has value to this organization" Thats a big IF. We'd take him back because we still to this point don't know who are RB is going to be. Ricky could come back and play well, or ricky could come back and be terrible. Theres really no risk in taking him back if he does want to come back. so why not try.

mistergreens said:
at some point you have to screw the pooch and move on.

QUOTE]
Sometimes the pooch screws then gets stuck and can't move on. So we may need to get the hose. I love vague metaphors.

mistergreens said:

Simple: he was my favorite RB even before he became a Dolphin.

Bottom line this is a billion dollar business and its all about winning. I can gurantee you that anyone bashing Ricky right now would kiss his feet if he came back and we won a suber bowl in the next two years. The guy has problems and what he did to us is messed up but bottome line he is a great athlete and as you witnessed this passed season we are a much better team with him than without him. The bonus to him coming back would be that we could use our draft pick in another area and only strengthen our team further. Im all for him coming back I think that we are going to need a 3rd round insurance running back just in case he goes awall again.

Because he is the best RB in the NFL! This is not about liking people...

mistergreens said:

mistergreens,
That statement doesn't make sense to me. To me, the saying is "don't screw the pooch" or " he sure screwed the pooch" or "I really screwed the pooch this time" and it means "don't fcuk up" or "he sure fcuked up" or "I really fcuked up this time"...... so therefore, to me "you have to screw the pooch" would mean "you have to fcuk up"... is there another meaning for this term ?

EVEN if Sabans plan was to get him back to utilize as trade bait, he cannot come out and say that. A smart man keeps all his options open and doesn't burn any bridges.

It's about value to the team. He brings value. Whether as a player or as trade bait. What would you have us do, give away his rights for nothing. What principal is there in that. That is just plain stupid

Because principle doesnt win games, championships or anything anywhere!

It's really funny... about 7-8 months ago the majority of ppl on this board wanted to hire a sniper and end it all for RW. He was a hated man in Dolphinville. Now when Saban broaches the subject to investigate whether there would be a real chance to at least get some value (trade) back out of him, it appears that the majority of fans have very short memories.

Personally, I could give a ****. I just think it's funny how quickly things change.

Saban seems to be playing things close to the vest and hopefully he polled some of his veteran players on Ricky's return but I still can't see us actually handing him the ball come the first week of the season...we may dance with him for trade interest OR to throw more smokescreens concerning our pick but Ricky seems like he needs major amount of time and conditioning to get back to football shape....smoking pot can do that to a guy.

I would have a tough time rooting for him....yeah most of you can say it's all about results but I have a tough time watching him run knowing how he affected the team and season last year.

Back
Top Bottom