As college football season starts, a look at players Dolphins fans should be watching | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

As college football season starts, a look at players Dolphins fans should be watching

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
The Laremy Tunsil trade gives Miami two picks in the first round of next April’s NFL Draft, meaning the Dolphins can select a quarterback first (likely first overall) and then address one of many other roster shortcomings with its other first-rounder.

Additionally, the Dolphins will have two draft picks in the second round and two in third.

For Dolphins fans, here’s a primer on what top college players to watch at various positions this season and how the top quarterbacks played in their openers this past weekend:

▪ Quarterback: Yes, the Dolphins love Alabama’s Tua Tagovailoa. But they’re also very much intrigued by Oregon’s Justin Herbert and will enter this season with an open mind about who’s the better prospect, according to a source briefed on the situation.

They intend to scout a lot of their games and also will have their eye on Georgia’s Jake Fromm, Iowa’s Nathan Stanley and Utah State’s Jordan Love (how he plays Oct. 5 at LSU will be telling in by far his most difficult assignment this season).

Tagovailoa is considered a very good prospect, but not a generational talent or can’t miss prospect as Andrew Luck was perceived.

I hope Miami’s FO is smart enough not to replace that qb position with Tannehill lite.

If no Tua I’d rather have Fromm or Love. Hell even Eason over him.

I feel the exact same way. Their probably would be a few broken chairs in my house as well.
Miami hasn't picked the player I wanted in the 1st round since 1983.

The last time things were broken was 1998 when it seemed more and more likely Moss would be there at #19 and JJ traded down with GB. Moss taken #21 by Vikings. **** got broke on pick 19.

I think I'll pick up a couple of cheap breakable chairs for the upcoming draft in case Miami doesn't get Tua and a bottle of champaigne in case they do.

To play devil's advocate, what does Miami do if they end up with the second overall pick? Let's also assume the team picking above them won't move off that pick.

They probably take Justin Herbert.

I take Jordan Love.

And that is why you don't make money doing it - Jordan love is not in the same stratosphere as Herbert from almost any basic QB evaluation metric. if you want to debate that point, please come out to our DeBartolo Sports Elite Quarterback Training Academy. Learn from guys that do it for a living and say what you wrote here, they would make you clean the pool deck our facility if you did, likely nude, while slinging footballs at you. This type of dumb **** just lets dumb opinions propagate. You have an open invitation to learn some things if you can get time off from your day job.

And that is why you don't make money doing it - Jordan love is not in the same stratosphere as Herbert from almost any basic QB evaluation metric. if you want to debate that point, please come out to our DeBartolo Sports Elite Quarterback Training Academy. Learn from guys that do it for a living and say what you wrote here, they would make you clean the pool deck our facility if you did, likely nude, while slinging footballs at you. This type of dumb **** just lets dumb opinions propagate. You have an open invitation to learn some things if you can get time off from your day job.

Wow. So inviting. This place sounds really impressive!

Think I'll pass though.

I will say, the easiest way to identify frauds is when they display the sort of egotistical over-confidence you display in this post. When someone doesn't even know enough to allow for disagreement about top prospects, usually a great sign that you're at the wrong end of a Dunning-Kruger Effect graph.

(google it if you're having trouble keeping up)

Wow. So inviting. This place sounds really impressive!

Think I'll pass though.

I will say, the easiest way to identify frauds is when they display the sort of egotistical over-confidence you display in this post. When someone doesn't even know enough to allow for disagreement about top prospects, usually a great sign that you're at the wrong end of a Dunning-Kruger Effect graph.

(google it if you're having trouble keeping up)

They need to invite Justin Herbert if it's that good.

Coming in a little hot here, champ. Especially after Herbert got out dueled in the 4th by a true freshman just 5 days ago. Or I guess you were basing it off that 7 point explosion Oregon displayed in their bowl game last year that set football back a decade.

Back
Top Bottom