As Devante Parker Impresses In Dolphins Camp, Here’s How His Surprising Return Went Down | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

As Devante Parker Impresses In Dolphins Camp, Here’s How His Surprising Return Went Down

Maybe Flores knows how much the Pats had to game plan for Parker.

We were all hopeful that he would be a difference maker coming out of college, but now that hope has all but diminished. The guy has talent, but,IMHO, not the grit to play in the league.

That's the thing. He always kills it in training camp. But as the season begins, real competition comes at him, and the grind wears on him, he fades. I've wondered if he just can't hold up to the grind of a full season (physically and perhaps mentally). He is also a quiet, borderline shy person. I've wondered if NFL defenders coming at him physically and verbally just takes that edge off him due to him not really being confrontational. He showed he can run with the big dogs in college, but maybe the pros are a little too fierce. Don't know. If he read this, he would tell me I know nothing and point out his big 130 yd game. And I would respond, "I hope you're right. Because this team really needs the best version of DVP every game." Here's to hoping his progression is real and his partnership with BFlo will bring the best out. In the meantime, I have no expectations for him though.

This is certainly Parker's time to shine -- if it's going to happen.

Have to hope the kid has finally got himself together and

has worked hard in the off-season to be in better shape

to stand up... He certainly is surrounded by a lot of

competition (in terms of height especially) and

hoping he has turned the corner!

Anybody expecting anything from Parker will be disappointed.......again.

I'm thinking he's being built up so maybe they could trade him to a team like the Giants.

A one thousand yard season is a very real possibility IF Fitz is the QB and plays pretty well consistently. It's possible with Rosen, but not as likely. Parker is a physically gifted WR. Under this coaching staff, he may very well take off. I'm hopeful.

I was shocked when Miami re-signed Parker. Didn't think they'd be interested. Gase didn't treat him right last year. Hopefully under Flores, he finally plays some consistent football, that's of course, if he can stay Healthy!!!

Two things stick out for me that I like. "He's very coachable" and he WANTS to be here. I'm rooting for him.

Never seemed uncoachable or a malcontent. He's just been a weeny with injuries. That's literally it.

I really do wonder how badly Gase mismanaged this team. Some of the stuff I hear seems borderline unbelievable...but after you hear enough accounts like this one, things stop being called "coincidence" and start being called "evidence."
I dont know man... Seems to me like its really easy these days to just blame it all on Gase... Its not like when Parker was actually playing he was setting **** on fire. There are alot of mediocre and bad performers in the Dolphins org that are looking for an excuse IMO... Grier might very well be one of them... Time will tell...

If he can play how he played his rookie year for 16 games then we got a keeper.

If he can play like he did against the Rams in the comeback win we got a star.

It seems like Gase played a ton of petty head games with a lot of players. Gase can't get along with anyone so I'm not shocked he bullied Parker.

I had given up on DeVante after last season and expected him to move to another team. However, if Chad O'Shea and WR Coach, Karl Dorrell can turn him from a liability to an asset, this could be great. DeVante is a confidence player and maybe Gase was part of the problem. One also wonders about Ryan Tannehill.

Back
Top Bottom