As far as I can tell.... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

As far as I can tell....

inFINSible

Don't believe everything you think.
Reaction score
....the only thing wrong with this team is.....
The HC,
the OC,
the DC,
the QB,
the O-line,
the WRs,
the DE (O-Gun),
the Ss,
the K,
the P,
the KR,
the PR,
the playcalling,
the execution,
the game planning,
the scouting,
the talent evaluation,
........... and the dirt infield.

So that means....
the RBs,
the DTs,
the one DE,
the LBs,
and the CBs,
are the only ones good things we have.

Is this right?

Pretty much...

BTW, I'm glad you didn't include safety as one who is playing well given the 80 yards of penalties last week and the long ball this week.

I'm telling ya. Brock Marion is not that good.

ZOD, that playbook in your sig is totally unrealistic...it's MUCH too thick. :lol:

Originally posted by inFINSible
....the only thing wrong with this team is.....
The HC,
the OC,
the DC,
the QB,
the O-line,
the WRs,
the DE (O-Gun),
the Ss,
the K,
the P,
the KR,
the PR,
the playcalling,
the execution,
the game planning,
the scouting,
the talent evaluation,
........... and the dirt infield.

So that means....
the RBs,
the DTs,
the one DE,
the LBs,
and the CBs,

Is this right?

The HC needs to be more agressive, but I still have some faith in Wanny.
the OC is good for the most part, but I question some of the play-calling (not that I could do any better).
the DC is great.
the QB is Jay Fiedler. Enough discussion about him.
the O-line definitely needs to play better.
the WRs can be used more effectively and need to make more plays (DT needs to make better efforts to break up INTs).
the DE (O-Gun) is awesome.
the Ss seem fine to me. I'm not concerned about the long TD pass because it was a fluke and the game shouldn't have come down to that.
the K needs to practice more on the dirt (starting next year, since the dirt won't be an issue the rest of the year). Other than that, he's fine.
the P is better than Royals, is about all I can say.
the KR seems fine to me.
the PR, see KR.
the playcalling maybe could be a little better, but I know I couldn't do it any better.
the execution certainly needs to improve in blocking and the passing game.
the game planning is on the whole good.
the scouting is fine.
the talent evaluation is fine.
........... and the dirt infield is fortunately no longer an issue in future home games this season.

So that means....
the RBs,
the DTs,
the one DE,
the LBs,
and the CBs,
I would add that we have 2 DEs, plus everything else I mentioned above.

Re: Re: As far as I can tell....

Originally posted by DolphinzD

Do you still believe in Santa Claus too?

I have to agree, I am sick of everyone saying how great the Dolphins are this year...i am the biggest Fins fan here in Alberta, and cant stand all this b/s about how great my team is. I will never waver from my team, but sheesh...enough. We need the big plays, when was the last time you saw a big play, and can we beat the hard teams? If we can make it to the playoffs what is going to happen there...the Bengals will make mincemeat of us...why because they want it...did you see the game they played yesterday? They made our o-line look like pooh! Just my .02$.

:sleep:

the OC is good for the most part, but I question some of the play-calling (not that I could do any better).
the DC is great.
the WRs can be used more effectively and need to make more plays (DT needs to make better efforts to break up INTs).
the Ss seem fine to me. I'm not concerned about the long TD pass because it was a fluke and the game shouldn't have come down to that.
the K needs to practice more on the dirt (starting next year, since the dirt won't be an issue the rest of the year). Other than that, he's fine.
the KR seems fine to me.
the PR, see KR.
the playcalling maybe could be a little better, but I know I couldn't do it any better.
the scouting is fine.
........... and the dirt infield is fortunately no longer an issue in future home games this season.

So that means....
the RBs,
the DTs,
the one DE,
the LBs,
and the CBs,

I would not call O-Gun a strength right now, He had one good game and the rest of the time he is NOT there....the way JT gets treated, anybody worth a squat could be doing what O-Gun has done so far....he may be okay but, awesome, is a stretch.

BTW, these aren't really my observations....more like what I have been able to glean from this forum....there has been at least one post or poster blaming each facet that I listed....I just wanted to know what everyone's thoughts are about this....if it's all true, then we should be THANKFUL that we already won 4 games and any more wins would constsitute a successful season being that we have such major problems, right?

Re: Re: Re: As far as I can tell....

Originally posted by RikWriter

Do you still believe in Santa Claus too?

:lol:

Yes, and I'm hoping he brings me a Dolphins division title this year.

Seriously though, we can say all we want about how if plays had been called differently or whatnot, but the bottom line is, if one play had been executed slightly better, the Dolphins would be 5-1.

I guess I don't know how much faith I have in Wanny, but I wouldn't say I have none. I'll support him as long as he is the coach of the Dolphins, but if he is replaced in the offseason, I won't shed any tears.

Originally posted by inFINSible

I would not call O-Gun a strength right now, He had one good game and the rest of the time he is NOT there....the way JT gets treated, anybody worth a squat could be doing what O-Gun has done so far....he may be okay but, awesome, is a stretch.

BTW, these aren't really my observations....more like what I have been able to glean from this forum....there has been at least one post or poster blaming each facet that I listed....I just wanted to know what everyone's thoughts are about this....if it's all true, then we should be THANKFUL that we already won 4 games and any more wins would constsitute a successful season being that we have such major problems, right?

Point taken. I actually thought you were being a little sarcastic in the post, but maybe not. I am happy as well with the 4-2 record.

the DC is great.
the KR seems fine to me.
the PR, see KR.
the scouting is fine.

So that means....
the RBs,
the DTs,
the one DE,
the LBs,
and the CBs,

There are some major problems with that assessment.

Since the Head Coach is not calling plays for offense or defense his attributes are only noticed in gametime management and "selling" philosophy during practice. You're satisfied?

The defensive coordinator is great? We give him a 35 million dollar defense and New England's rookies do a better job.

The O-line consists of five individuals. Five are rushing in and sometimes six. Do you have a better blocking scheme to match these 5 men against 5 or 6 defenders rushing in?

DT needs to break up more interceptions? How about they all need to "go get the ball".

Safety/Fluke? I saw fluke after fluke in December 2002. I also saw 80 yards worth of penalties last week.

Kicker? That kicker missed a field goal with the playoffs on the line in December 2002.

Originally posted by ZOD

There are some major problems with that assessment.

Since the Head Coach is not calling plays for offense or defense his attributes are only noticed in gametime management and "selling" philosophy during practice. You're satisfied?

The defensive coordinator is great? We give him a 35 million dollar defense and New England's rookies do a better job.

The O-line consists of five individuals. Five are rushing in and sometimes six. Do you have a better blocking scheme to match these 5 men against 5 or 6 defenders rushing in?

DT needs to break up more interceptions? How about they all need to "go get the ball".

Safety/Fluke? I saw fluke after fluke in December 2002. I also saw 80 yards worth of penalties last week.

Kicker? That kicker missed a field goal with the playoffs on the line in December 2002.

Yes, these were just my opinions.

I wouldn't necessarily say I am satisfied.

I think on the whole Bates is doing a good job. The D has allowed the fewest points in the league.

I do not have a better blocking scheme. I just would like to see them play a little better. The O-line played pretty well last year.

I was only saying DT could have made a little better effort to break up INTs on TWO plays.

Yeah, I probably misspoke about the safeties. My bad.

That kicker has also made ALMOST every clutch field goal in his career. By the way, I wasn't exactly praising him, I flat-out said he needs to practice on the dirt more.

I didn't specify that the DT comment was for two plays in my original post, and I should have. My mistake.

Back
Top Bottom