As good as Ronnie Brown should be... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

As good as Ronnie Brown should be...

Dmarino110

Starter
Reaction score
How the hell is he supposed to run behind an O-line that would make UCF happy about their O-Line.

What is Saban doing to fix the O-line?

the o-line will be fine, relax. we have Houck who is a great o-line coach and we also have some good additions such as McDougle at RT and we might move Hadnot to center in order to get McKinney off the field who is horrible

A coach can help but hes not the one out on the field...

Dmarino110 said:
How the hell is he supposed to run behind an O-line that would make UCF happy about their O-Line.

What is Saban doing to fix the O-line?

The HB makes the OL. :D

ohall said:
The HB makes the OL. :D

In all honesty a likeable HB who works hard can make the OL better.

JHWAUEX said:
In all honesty a likeable HB who works hard can make the OL better.

So thats why the Oline was better with Ricky. He was sharing his wacky tobacee

We dont have a bunch of untalented guys on the line, theres some serious bulk/athleticism....Houck should make HUGE changes

Dmarino110 said:
So thats why the Oline was better with Ricky. He was sharing his wacky tobacee

Yes in fact Ricky was the reason the OL was better with him than without him. If you put Ricky behind last years OL he still gets 1,200 YDS.

There are always exceptions to the rule, like the Broncos, but in most cases the most important part of any rushing attack is in fact the RB.

OK, lets start with Huson Houck who unlike our previous OL coach doesnt have his head lodged three feet up Wanny's butt. Houck is one of if not the best in the buisness! There has been additions to the OL, Stockar McDougal being the biggest. They are also moving Vernon Carey more than likely to RG, and possibly Wade Smith or Rex Hadnot to C. With MacIntosh healthy he should return to his SD form(where his OL coach was none other that Houck)
Our OL should look something like this
LT-MacIntosh
LG-James
C-Smith/Hadnot/McKinney(I hope for Smith)
RG-Carey
RT-McDougal

Carey at 6'4 333 lbs, and McDougal at 6'6 335 lbs would provide a lot of beef for Ronnie to run behind!!!

Nicky Napoleon said:
OK, lets start with Huson Houck who unlike our previous QL coach doesnt have his head lodged three feet up Wanny's butt. Houck is one of if not the best in the buisness! There has been additions to the OL, Stockar McDougal being the biggest. They are also moving Vernon Carey more than likely to RG, and possibly Wade Smith or Rex Hadnot to C. With MacIntosh healthy he should return to his SD form(where his OL coach was none other that Houck)
Our OL should look something like this
LT-MacIntosh
LG-James
C-Smith/Hadnot/McKinney(I hope for Smith)
RG-Carey
RT-McDougal

Carey at 6'4 333 lbs, and McDougal at 6'6 335 lbs would provide a lot of beef for Ronnie to run behind!!!

I thought the talks were about Carey being moved to LT where he would compete with McIntonsh for the spot, though I wanna see him fighting for the RG spot

BrazForPhins said:
I thought the talks were about Carey being moved to LT where he would compete with McIntonsh for the spot, though I wanna see him fighting for the RG spot

With MacIntosh healthy he will beat out Carey for the LT, IMO. Then Houck would most likely move Carey to RG, giving us a cannon for a fly swatter on the right side. MacIntosh can play!!! He was not healthy last year, and if you think about it that would account for the false starts. He was trying to time the snap so that he could make up for the speed he was missing due to the injury. He played very well in SD and under Houck I have no reason to believe he wont return to form.

Dmarino110 said:
A coach can help but hes not the one out on the field...

The guys we have are a lot better than the three rookie OL men Houck used last year in SD. None of those three were drafted above the 3rd round and look at the year they had. One was not drafted at all. Now that we are getting rid of that zone blocking crap from last year we will be fine.
I got to admit it was not too bad getting to watch AJ get creamed last year though. You could tell they didn't give a crap if he got killed.

Back
Top Bottom