A's Hire Fired Manager Macha | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

A's Hire Fired Manager Macha

RWhitney014 said:

You think he's a real good manager? To be quite honest, I think Billy Beane and his baseball people were pulling all the strings behind Oakland's success. All he has to do is implement the statistics he's given in different situations. I would have liked to see him somewhere else, I think he's got Art Howe written all over him outside of Oakland.

FaninPatsyLand said:
You think he's a real good manager? To be quite honest, I think Billy Beane and his baseball people were pulling all the strings behind Oakland's success. All he has to do is implement the statistics he's given in different situations. I would have liked to see him somewhere else, I think he's got Art Howe written all over him outside of Oakland.

Hey kind of sounds like Terry Francoma to me....

He was never fired. The A's did'nt want to pay him the money that Ken wanted.

The A's looked around and realised that the grass is'nt always greener on the other side...I'm actually happy they brought him back.

I was afraid that if Ken was gone then Curt Young (the pitching coach) would leave as well. The young pitchers (Haren, Blanton, Harden, Street) have really bought into his teaching and it bodes well for the staff next year, and into the future.

If you look at what Macha had to work with this year:

• 2 rookie starting pitchers
  • A rookie closer
  • A remade bull-pen
  • 2 rookie everyday players
  • Injuries to Bobby Crosby and Rich Harden, 2 of the 4 most important players on the team, for LONG stretches of the season as well as losing Bobby Keilty and Mark Kotsay for various times AND losing Durazo and Dotel for the season.
  • Barry Zito and Eric Chavez getting off to horrid starts
Even with all that crap he had them in contention until the last week of the season. they were the best team in baseball for the better part of 3 months until the injuries to Harden and Crosby eventually killed them for the last month.

After the start they got off to (they were putting AA players out there at times for the first month because half the team was either on the DL or should have been) this team could have folded up it's tent.

He lead (along with Zito, Chavez and Crosby) the team back into contention.

I'm glad Macha is coming back. This team has a bright future ahead of them.

unifiedtheory said:
He was never fired. The A's did'nt want to pay him the money that Ken wanted.

The A's looked around and realised that the grass is'nt always greener on the other side...I'm actually happy they brought him back.

I was afraid that if Ken was gone then Curt Young (the pitching coach) would leave as well. The young pitchers (Haren, Blanton, Harden, Street) have really bought into his teaching and it bodes well for the staff next year, and into the future.

If you look at what Macha had to work with this year:
  • 2 rookie starting pitchers
  • A rookie closer
  • A remade bull-pen
  • 2 rookie everyday players
  • Injuries to Bobby Crosby and Rich Harden, 2 of the 4 most important players on the team, for LONG stretches of the season as well as losing Bobby Keilty and Mark Kotsay for various times AND losing Durazo and Dotel for the season.
  • Barry Zito and Eric Chavez getting off to horrid starts
Even with all that crap he had them in contention until the last week of the season. they were the best team in baseball for the better part of 3 months until the injuries to Harden and Crosby eventually killed them for the last month.

After the start they got off to (they were putting AA players out there at times for the first month because half the team was either on the DL or should have been) this team could have folded up it's tent.

He lead (along with Zito, Chavez and Crosby) the team back into contention.

I'm glad Macha is coming back. This team has a bright future ahead of them.

Bobby Kielty has the worst hair in baseball. That's all I have to say about that post.

Back
Top Bottom