As Of Right Now The Dolphins Have the First Pick In the 2021 Draft ? | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

As Of Right Now The Dolphins Have the First Pick In the 2021 Draft ?

This next game will determine the #1 overall pick.

Both inhabitants of MetLife stadium might have something to say about it.

All off-season I said the Jets had the worst roster in the NFL, that appears to be the case. The Giants are right behind them, especially with Saquan hurt.

I think Cincy will improve as the season goes on and nestle into the 3/4 range. Washington, Miami and Detroit are all in the same boat looking at maybe 4 wins and hanging out right behind the leagues worst.

Miami however, like last year, will get better as the season goes on so it’s tough to tell where we end up.

I know the agenda come draft time will be front 7 and another OL. I know everyone is talking about their favorite WR or RB but don’t expect to see one too early.

I never thought Miami would win more than 5-7 games this year. The biggest disappointment has been the defense and how unprepared they look. So it's possible they win less games if things don't start getting better.

But in case of the #1 Overall pick, I'd think trading it would be a huge boon for the franchise. Especially if Miami stays in the top 4-5 picks and takes Parsons from Penn State.

Agreed. There's a model for us to follow there already in the 49ers. We have to stay patient and build the trenches. OK they probably got their QB recruitment wrong for sure. But it took a few years to build up their OL and front 7.

Right Tackle and Center should be a priority, along with DE and LBs.

Agreed. There's a model for us to follow there already in the 49ers. We have to stay patient and build the trenches. OK they probably got their QB recruitment wrong for sure. But it took a few years to build up their OL and front 7.

Right Tackle and Center should be a priority, along with DE and LBs.
There’s gotta be a limit to how much draft capital we spend on the offensive line. They just spent 3 picks on the line. It’s time to draft guys who put points on the board and keep points off the board for the opposition.

TBH I don’t want the first pick in the draft thing going on this year. How many years did the Browns have top 1-2-3 picks? And they still stink. If Tua pans out it will transform the entire team’s outlook.

Both inhabitants of MetLife stadium might have something to say about it.

All off-season I said the Jets had the worst roster in the NFL, that appears to be the case. The Giants are right behind them, especially with Saquan hurt.

I think Cincy will improve as the season goes on and nestle into the 3/4 range. Washington, Miami and Detroit are all in the same boat looking at maybe 4 wins and hanging out right behind the leagues worst.

Miami however, like last year, will get better as the season goes on so it’s tough to tell where we end up.

I know the agenda come draft time will be front 7 and another OL. I know everyone is talking about their favorite WR or RB but don’t expect to see one too early.
If we don't draft a DE pass rusher and a free safety in the first two rounds I might scream. Bobby McCain is hot garbage in coverage and we can't pressure the QB. Those are the two recurring problems all of this season and last season if you look at consistent problems we displayed

TBH I don’t want the first pick in the draft thing going on this year. How many years did the Browns have top 1-2-3 picks? And they still stink. If Tua pans out it will transform the entire team’s outlook.

Plus look at the Patriots. How many high picks have they had in the last 20 years? How many high picks do you think it’s going to take for them to keep it going? That’s what we should model ourselves after, not the perennial losers who get high picks but I digress. Folks would rather do it that way. Sometimes I think fans like the draft more than watching hen games.

We will win a few bs wins and so will the Texans. Zero chance we get 1st pick, zero

If we don't draft a DE pass rusher and a free safety in the first two rounds I might scream. Bobby McCain is hot garbage in coverage and we can't pressure the QB. Those are the two recurring problems all of this season and last season if you look at consistent problems we displayed

Agreed, the safety class looks really strong next year. Wouldn’t be surprised if we grab one with one of our seconds.

I’m holding out hope we generate a high pick and can make at least one substantial trade down before selecting Greg Rousseau.

TBH I don’t want the first pick in the draft thing going on this year. How many years did the Browns have top 1-2-3 picks? And they still stink.

Don't fear! We have the Grier!

Beyond THAT no one with a functioning neuron synapse

is EVER going to confuse Miami with Cleveland!

Cleveland and Buffalo -- that's a legit possibility!

Kinda like Anus and Sphincter!

:lol:

Heh, very low chance we end up with the #1 overall pick, and not really even worth considering at this point. But .... since you brought it up! The top pick in 2021 will be Trevor Lawrence, the highest rated QB prospect to come along since Andrew Luck. He has the productivity of almost anyone, paired with truly elite tools in arm talent, size, accuracy, and decision making. It would be very hard for any team to pass on using that pick. ANY team.

Assuming we have Tua and he has proven to be our QB of the future, holding onto the top pick until fairly late in the process could probably net us three #1 picks, which could vault this team into contention immediately. With our huge war chest in 2021 already, we could easily shift one of those #1's into a future draft and still win big. If Tua proves healthy and on his way to becoming a good NFL QB, that is likely the right way to go and likely what we will do. But if Tua gets hurt again or struggles initially ... Ross will have a lot of big time questions, that would include drafting Trevor Lawrence, potentially cleaning house AGAIN if we fail to win at least 7 games, and offering this gold mine situation to a new GM and Coach. That is a frightening scenario to even consider ... another 3 years of ugly rebuilding. Let's hope that does not happen.

There is very little chance the Texans are the worst team in the NFL though, and not every opponent is the KC Chiefs, let's be real here. So, the much more likely scenario is that the Dolphins have their own draft pick around the 8-14 pick slot, and the Texans pick could be anywhere from the 12-22 slot, giving us two solid first rounders ... no controversy, and no critical regime shifting decisions.
Digital A few of us had Russell Wilson as good a prospect as Luck, Pat Mahomes as the most talented prospect I’ve ever seen, and Kyler Murray is gonna be a superstar, so saying Lawrence is as good, not imo at this point..

I’d love the leverage of getting a top 5 pick But it also tells me this coaching staff and Gm failed on a few levels..So I’d rather have a worse pick and an 8-8 football team

Having another year with 2 high first round picks is a start. Gotta nail on those if you want to really change this franchise around.

There’s gotta be a limit to how much draft capital we spend on the offensive line. They just spent 3 picks on the line. It’s time to draft guys who put points on the board and keep points off the board for the opposition.

It would be tempting particularly if Jamarr Chase and Travis Etienne fall our way. But think we're only getting up to middle of the road with our O line and we're going to need a Right Tackle or our offense won't go far.

Back
Top Bottom