As Of Right Now The Dolphins Have the First Pick In the 2021 Draft ? | Page 12 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

As Of Right Now The Dolphins Have the First Pick In the 2021 Draft ?

Plus look at the Patriots. How many high picks have they had in the last 20 years? How many high picks do you think it’s going to take for them to keep it going? That’s what we should model ourselves after, not the perennial losers who get high picks but I digress. Folks would rather do it that way. Sometimes I think fans like the draft more than watching hen games.
It also helps to accidentally find a HOF QB in the 6th round...

Digital A few of us had Russell Wilson as good a prospect as Luck, Pat Mahomes as the most talented prospect I’ve ever seen, and Kyler Murray is gonna be a superstar, so saying Lawrence is as good, not imo at this point..

I’d love the leverage of getting a top 5 pick But it also tells me this coaching staff and Gm failed on a few levels.. So I’d rather have a worse pick and an 8-8 football team
Those ratings look very good today, kudos to you!

I was referring to the majority of the scouting community, not individual posters here, so hopefully that clarifies what I meant. Scouting is an inexact science, and NFL scouts disagree every year. But, there seems to be a consensus about Trevor Lawrence like there was about Andrew Luck, so very few NFL scouts that do not rate him extremely high. It doesn't mean they're right ... but that sort of thing does tend to hang in the front of an owner's mind. If they think they can get the next Aaron Rodgers or Tom Brady , they'll surely pull the trigger.

Kyler Muray's selection at the top of the draft is a direct result of successful QB's that paved the way for him, including guys like Russell Wilson. And undoubtedly Pat Mahomes will change the way many NFL scouts look at non-traditional offenses and non-prototypical sizes in QB's. Still, it's harder to get a consensus about a QB than almost any other position ... and Lawrence seems to be almost universally loved by NFL scouts. The consensus is far stronger than what existed for Joe Burrow, Tua, Kyler Murray, Baker Mayfield, Pat Mahomes, or any of the other high profile QB's who entered the league recently. That is why, to me, this situation more closely resembles the Andrew Luck draft than the other ones since then.

Providing he has another stellar season, I'd rather see us take a shot with Justin Fields as mobile QBs are the wave of the future. Let Tua and Fields battle it out, if it comes to that.

While I don't think Miami will end up with the #1 overall pick, I do think top 10 is very likely. Perhaps even two picks near the top 10 with Houston currently sitting at 0-2.

One of those picks needs to be a difference maker on the front 7, maybe even both of those early picks. I still think a lot depends on Robert Hunt and if he can play RT at an above average NFL rate. If not, that LT from Oregon, Sewell, could be in play.

I'd love Parsons and Chase with the first two first rounders. But there's another sneaky good player that I really love as well, Washington, the safety from TSU. He is such a good player, but probably more like a 15-20 range prospect. Maybe the team trades down with one of those picks and starts accumulating future draft picks, the way NE has down over the years.

It would be tempting particularly if Jamarr Chase and Travis Etienne fall our way. But think we're only getting up to middle of the road with our O line and we're going to need a Right Tackle or our offense won't go far.

Depending on the spot. I’d consider Chase at 9 or 10 but not at 4 or 5.

Sewell, Parsons, Rousseau would be more mission critical.

I’m also on the Creed Humphrey bandwagon (not sure anyone else has joined though) with Houston’s pick which I’m pegging in the 16-24 range even with their 0-2 start which was obviously going to be the case.

Out of Karas, Davis, Flowers; only one is likely to still be starting next year and very unlikely any around by the 22 season. OL is still construction.

As far as RBs go, I absolutely can not see a big investment coming here. Probably a third rounder like Gainwell, K. Hill, Hubbard, J. Brown. Howard won’t be around next year, Brieda/Gaskin will need an upgrading for sure. It’s easy to love to Etienne but I don’t want to see another Dalvin Cook situation where as soon as the ink dries on the extension it looks like a bad move. See Todd Gurley, David Johnson, Le’Veon Bell, Devontae Freeman before that. If you invest in the OL and have a franchise QB, RB is where you need to save money.

You can draft a RB in the first round when you have the 32nd pick, like KC.

Providing he has another stellar season, I'd rather see us take a shot with Justin Fields as mobile QBs are the wave of the future. Let Tua and Fields battle it out, if it comes to that.
I would degrade to a reg. NFL fan if they did something like that. Especially if Grier's calling the shots, cause no one in the building has earned that kind of faith/cache to execute a plan. At least, not in South Florida.

If Miami somehow finishes with a top 5-7 pick, Parsons may not be available? I think he goes top 3-5. So the next three potential positions of need may take precedent with that pick. WR, RT and FS/CB. Then the question becomes, Who is worthy of a top 5-7 pick at those positions?

I see the top 3 picks being Lawrence, Sewell and Parsons. Pick #4 and #5 are a toss up right now. Im not as high on Chase as others, I think he's more of a top 12-15 pick. So what do they do?

If Miami somehow finishes with a top 5-7 pick, Parsons may not be available? I think he goes top 3-5. So the next three potential positions of need may take precedent with that pick. WR, RT and FS/CB. Then the question becomes, Who is worthy of a top 5-7 pick at those positions?

I see the top 3 picks being Lawrence, Sewell and Parsons. Pick #4 and #5 are a toss up right now. Im not as high on Chase as others, I think he's more of a top 12-15 pick. So what do they do?
I think with positional value parsons would be very likely to make it to the 5-7 range. Lawrence, fields, and lance are all coming in with a ton of hype, Sewell is seen as a cant-miss tackle, and then you have Rousseau and whatever other d linemen show out this season.

If we don't draft a DE pass rusher and a free safety in the first two rounds I might scream. Bobby McCain is hot garbage in coverage and we can't pressure the QB. Those are the two recurring problems all of this season and last season if you look at consistent problems we displayed
If we don't draft a WR, guys like @Danny and @NBP81 may have a brain aneurysm.

Is that what you really want?

If we don't draft a WR, guys like @Danny and @NBP81 may have a brain aneurysm.

Is that what you really want?
Yes ? honestly we should draft WR, FS, DE, and OL with our first four picks. In whatever order makes sense.

In reality it will probably be: DE, CB, WR, LB.....our coach and his boner for corner backs....

Came across this on a Houston Texans forum. They were discussing their upcoming game against the Steelers. Thank you random Texans fan for the despair you have shared with us. We might have some fun in this draft yet again.

"I thought "Great review McClain" until I read last sentence. What in the world makes anyone think Houston can beat Steelers? We cannot stop blitz with our O'line...

Vikings are only team I see us having a chance to beat and that's 50-50. 0-8 is a high possibility IMO. If we don't win at least 3 of the next 6 I'm calling for a house cleaning coaches and cap space producing trades including Watt, Watson, McKinney and Tunsil. Argue what you want about Dashaun but he and Tunsil are our only assets that could bring some positives in draft picks. No use keeping either going forward. Why would #4 want to stay? Take his bucks and go play for some team he might win a ring with."

As of right now I’d pass up Trevor Lawrence and not give two flips about it.

however if we’re in a position to pick him I surely hope there’s some type of trade worked out.

I am not going to hide my love of Fields. I wish he had stayed at Georgia...however he is one of my favorite QB's that I have seen play in years. But no, just no. Unless they trade Tua

A huge need for us is DE. I agree WR is a need as well but that front 7 is in need of players. I’d love to go DE and LB and get a playmaker at each level.

NFL.com has a good mock right now having us picking 4&10

4th pick Parsons- who I’d love and
10th pick Barmore but I think I’d rather Rousseau who they have going next pick at 11

Back
Top Bottom