As Of Right Now The Dolphins Have the First Pick In the 2021 Draft ? | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

As Of Right Now The Dolphins Have the First Pick In the 2021 Draft ?

I think someone nailed it though, none of them like to work Underneath except Cobb. Stills was never a big underneath guy when he was here and Brandin Cooks playing small is an age old problem that’s plagued him everywhere he’s been. Remember that ridiculous jump in the SB when all he had to do was put his head down and pick up a 1st down? My only recollection of Will Fuller is a couple highlight reel games followed by a season ending injury. I thought Watson was bailing too early on plays too, drippibg hos eyes and running when he should have kept them downfield.

I give their defense credit though, there was a point where I thought they were completely gassed but they made some key stops after that. Had their K not missed a field goal it would have been a 7 point game late.

Yea I mean I honestly was surprised that Fuller was getting all those inside looks, while Cobb was basically a ghost for most of the game. But like I was eluding to earlier, the KC defense is just flat out underrated because of how high potent their offense is. They were blanketing those receivers on the outside and Chris Jones was eating real well. Deshaun is such a playmaker but he does have the tendency to bail early, but I get it, he's had his fair share of injuries and that OLine has never really been that good for him in pass protection. He isn't the magician Russell is and doesn't have his bail out option in Nuk Hopkins anymore either. The transition is going to take some time but I think their is enough talent at the skill positions to have a pretty solid offense out there.

Houston ran a lot of iso for Hopkins last year with it’s scheme.

They aren’t gonna be able to do that with fuller. He‘ll get his cause he’s a good player til he gets hurt again which feels inevitable but he isn’t gonna dictate to coverage.

That trade is just bananas. If the chiefs can pay all it’s top guys so could have the Texans with Hopkins.

But hey it’s to our benefit

What they should do is get out of the watt money. Assuming it’s doable cap wise. He’s a good player but he’s not the same player he used to be and it feels like he’s another guy where an injury is inevitable.

Their edge pass rush is nothing special too. Overpaid guys

One thing that’s gonna hurt that offense too is that they are gonna force feed David Johnson. He’s gonna get too big of a role imo.

I think David Johnson is a fine player but BOB is gonna continue putting too much emphasis on him to justify that trade to a degree. I think it’s only gonna get worse after seeing the performance from the receivers on Thursday.

those receivers are role players. Defenses are gonna get comfortable against that squad and that’s w/ both cooks and fuller healthy and on the field together

Houston ran a lot of iso for Hopkins last year with it’s scheme.

They aren’t gonna be able to do that with fuller. He‘ll get his cause he’s a good player til he gets hurt again which feels inevitable but he isn’t gonna dictate to coverage.

That trade is just bananas. If the chiefs can pay all it’s top guys so could have the Texans with Hopkins.

But hey it’s to our benefit
Between the Hopkins trade and the Tunsil trade, I’d be ready to hang O’Brien if I was a Texans fan. He’s destroying that franchise.

One thing that’s gonna hurt that offense too is that they are gonna force feed David Johnson. He’s gonna get too big of a role imo.

I think David Johnson is a fine player but BOB is gonna continue putting too much emphasis on him to justify that trade to a degree. I think it’s only gonna get worse after seeing the performance from the receivers on Thursday.

those receivers are role players. Defenses are gonna get comfortable against that squad and that’s w/ both cooks and fuller healthy and on the field together

Agreed on that also. It’s not an offset

Reactions: A1.
The timing between Watson and the receivers seemed very off all night too. You could tell that was their first game action together. I’m sure it’ll improve but they need an alpha in the worst way

Between the Hopkins trade and the Tunsil trade, I’d be ready to hang O’Brien if I was a Texans fan. He’s destroying that franchise.

Yeah and they should have paid reader. I get the left tackle trade from a sense of the need but tbe price considering you let Hopkins go for that price and return is just clown shoes.

Some guys aren’t personnel guys. O’Brien fits that mold

The timing between Watson and the receivers seemed very off all night too. You could tell that was their first game action together. I’m sure it’ll improve but they need an alpha in the worst way

Timing and they can’t scheme guys open the way the chiefs can. Those guys are always open. Kcs scheme is top shelf

They got a right tackle that will probably also kick inside to guard in the next few years. You can’t have that level foot speed in that much space and not get attacked and exposed.

I feel like we are in a similar boat with that also. Matter of time.

Might depend on how much we can stay ahead/maintain the sticks with the rpo.

We get behind em you can’t have slow feet on the edge

Texans under BOB may be a meme but they are a good side. That Chiefs team is unreal

To add to this teams don’t care about you throwing the ball to the back in the flats etc as long as you don’t have a dictate to coverage iso or go to option they have to scheme for.

They will give you coverage based production all day long. So Johnson’s gonna have some inflated #s which are by and large meaningless

Timing and they can’t scheme guys open the way the chiefs can. Those guys are always open. Kcs scheme is top shelf

it was another level Thursday. you can see mahomes processing things faster than he ever has too. They were moving Kelce and hill around in the backfield all game long and mahomes was dictating the defense off of it very well. Especially when you move your primary targets around like that not only are you reading if it’s man or zone but you are getting the defense to really just tell the play and confuse their assignments bc you know they’re designed to stop those two guys. And there you go you had Robinson w/ two money balls in the end zone and Watkins w/ a tudder. Defense is telling on itselfchasing Kelce and hill around and these secondary players are getting prime opportunities that mahomes knows to look for. Reid is doing the damn thing right now

it was another level Thursday. you can see mahomes processing things faster than he ever has too. They were moving Kelce and hill around in the backfield all game long and mahomes was dictating the defense off of it very well. Especially when you move your primary targets around like that not only are you reading if it’s man or zone but you are getting the defense to really just tell the play and confuse their assignments bc you know they’re designed to stop those two guys. And there you go you had Robinson w/ two money balls in the end zone and Watkins w/ a tudder. Defense is telling on itselfchasing Kelce and hill around and these secondary players are getting prime opportunities that mahomes knows to look for. Reid is doing the damn thing right now

That and Houston doesn’t have the man cover guys so it’s basically shooting fish in a barrel for kc.

Zone with a oline as good as kcs I mean he can just wait and take what you give him. You try to speed him up but Mahomes isn’t cooperating.

They use motion pre snap as well as any team I’ve seen to get guys good looks. One of those Kelce tds was a motion based clear out in front where he just snook in behind it and it was taking candy from a baby. He barely turned around and that ball was on his numbers

To add to this teams don’t care about you throwing the ball to the back in the flats etc as long as you don’t have a dictate to coverage iso or go to option they have to scheme for.

They will give you coverage based production all day long. So Johnson’s gonna have some inflated #s which are by and large meaningless

Truth.

That and Houston doesn’t have the man cover guys so it’s basically shooting fish in a barrel for kc.

Zone with a oline as good as kcs I mean he can just wait and take what you give him. You try to speed him up but Mahomes isn’t cooperating

all this, and CEH never even caught a pass. Lol

Back
Top Bottom