As Of Right Now The Dolphins Have the First Pick In the 2021 Draft ? | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

As Of Right Now The Dolphins Have the First Pick In the 2021 Draft ?

There's a lot of talent on our roster, including a potential franchise QB.
However, we're SO vulnerable at certain spots that we coukd wind up losing 12-13 games
With the opt-outs and injuries to our WR core, our offense will be totally feckless until we're probably 0-5, at least.
Then, we put in Tua and he suffers growning pains and maybe we win 3-4 of those games.
With the Jaguars winning Sunday and telling doomsayers to STFU, they might be out of the Trevor Lawrence sweepstakes.

With Miami's lack of passing attack, total failure to address defensive end and fielding no pass rush, again, Miami is definitely 'in it to win it' if 'It' means top-5 draft pick.

But, if we did fire our whole F.O. and coaching staff, the new-hires would inherit a pretty talented roster only needing WR, DE and a young, talented RB and that's very doable in one draft.

The key is Tua being able to start and have success by Sept 2021.
If Tua is 'the guy' then Miami is on their way.
Have you given up on this staff? After 1 game, with 10 rookies, a half dozen new FAs, and no preseason?

Anyway, who you going to hire. Andy Reid isn't available. Sean Peyton isn't walking through the door. Changing coaches every 3 yrs is no good. It's just another crap shoot starting all over again.

As of right now, we have the 14th pick, and Houston's pick is 12.

What do y'all say? Move up? Move down?

As of right now, we have the 14th pick, and Houston's pick is 12.

What do y'all say? Move up? Move down?

Stay where you are, things will break nice for us. This draft looks great for our needs.

I suspect we end up picking 3rd-6th realistically, which is fine by me. That’s where I always thought this team was heading.

Losing games BECAUSE of Fitzpatrick is best case scenario IMO.

Penei Sewell, Greg Rousseau, Micah Parsons, Miami will get a shot at a difference making blue chipper. This defense needs someone who is unblockable but I’d love to add another top OT.

With Houston’s pick I believe we will have great options as well. The center from Oklahoma, Creed Humphrey looks a strong possibility in the mid to late teens or early 20s.

Also love me some Rondale Moore from Purdue but I can certainly live with 2nd/3rd rounders at the skill positions, especially if our OL is bolstered. I don’t think Jamar Chase will be on our radar as much as the Alabama kids who might go later especially if their season is a struggle with a new QB.

Gotta get a pass rusher probably more than anything. Carlos “Boogie“ Basham from Wake Forest another strong contender.

Safeties should be available throughout the top 75.

Travis Ettiene? Can’t see him lasting into the 2nd so I don’t expect he will be in the mix for us either. You never know what shakes up at the bottom or 1st/top of the 2nd. Personally I’d rather not resign a rookie RB three years later, instead focus those resources on paying the OL and Tua.

The best scenario I see for Miami is for the rookies to play well but the record to not really reflect it. A tradeable pick is what I crave.

Additionally, there are some borderline first round QB prospects from some smaller schools that could entice someone to trade up to our 2nd first.

Miami needs to keep winning in April for now.

I’ve probably over 500 simulations for next years draft already and I keep liking what I’m seeing.

I swear this site likes the draft more than watching football. Draft, draft, draft. We will have a mediocre pick 12 - 20, too early to worry about the draft. Can we move this thread to the draft forum? If we go 0-2 there will be guys who think we will go winless and get the #1 overall pick and they'll be mad when we win. It's ridiculous!! the best franchises are consistently good because they have good people in charge. Bad franchises routinely pick high and remain bad. The draft is not the end all be all some make it out to be or Cleveland and Cincinnati would be battling it out for the Super Bowl. Cue the poster who's gonna tell me how great Cleveland is talent wise and how they will turn it around again. I've never heard that before.

Over the last 20 years the draft has been one of the few things to look forward to as a dolfin fan:-)

Have you given up on this staff? After 1 game, with 10 rookies, a half dozen new FAs, and no preseason?

Anyway, who you going to hire. Andy Reid isn't available. Sean Peyton isn't walking through the door. Changing coaches every 3 yrs is no good. It's just another crap shoot starting all over again.

The Dolphins should try something novel, buy a thoroughbred from a farm good at producing winners. Start by hiring someone from one of the top front offices in the league like the ones in Baltimore, Pittsburgh or Seattle.

Then perhaps pluck an apple from a tree that produces winning coaches like the Andy Reid tree, (Rivera, McDermott, Pederson, Harbaugh, Nagy, etc), a third of the entire playoff field last year was from that tree. Instead of failed retreads and more Belichick flunkies like Al Groh, Crennel, Weiss, Schwartz, Mangini, McDaniels, O'Brien, Patricia, Quinn, Pioli...Flores?

Stability doesn't breed success, success breeds stability. Organizations with long term stability are organizations that hired competent people to begin with and keep them around because they are competent. Every Super Bowl winning coach in the free agency era had their team in the playoffs no later than year 2.

The Dolphins should try something novel, buy a thoroughbred from a farm good at producing winners. Start by hiring someone from one of the top front offices in the league like the ones in Baltimore, Pittsburgh or Seattle.

Then perhaps pluck an apple from a tree that produces winning coaches like the Andy Reid tree, (Rivera, McDermott, Pederson, Harbaugh, Nagy, etc), a third of the entire playoff field last year was from that tree. Instead of failed retreads and more Belichick flunkies like Al Groh, Crennel, Weiss, Schwartz, Mangini, McDaniels, O'Brien, Patricia, Quinn, Pioli...Flores?

Stability doesn't breed success, success breeds stability. Organizations with long term stability are organizations that hired competent people to begin with and keep them around because they are competent. Every Super Bowl winning coach in the free agency era had their team in the playoffs no later than year 2.
I mostly agree with your strategy. Although that hasn't worked out well for Miami under Ross.

Went the Saban route for two years. One poor QB decision away from that maybe working out.

Ross did try to snag Jim Harbaugh, flying across the country in a desperate last minute effort, who shunned him and took the SF job.

Brought on Parcels in the FO, that didn't work.

Robert Kraft took major heat from fans when he hired Belichick. BB only had 1 winning season out of 5 as HC with the Browns. Then started 5-13 for the Patriots looking like he was on his way to having two consecutive losing seasons to start his reign as Pat's HC when some guy named Brady took over at QB after Bledsoe got hurt. That franchise has been stable and successful ever since.

We'll see how things turn out next year after Miami has two more #1s and #2s along with Tua taking over the team.

Highly unlikely Ross makes any changes regarding Grier or Flo until 2022 at the earliest.

Next draft at the top has to be play makers, need receivers and pass rushers in bunches please. Then we can go back to look for safety help and trench reinforcements in later rounds.

You do realize, when Flo took the job, no top guy/name was touching this thing with a 10 ft pole? And the last "hot name" hire (Gase) had just flamed out?

Don't let reality stop you, though.

Andy Ried was 5-11 his first season by the way, with a hell of a lot more talent. I'm sure there were Philly fans who wanted him gone too.

I’m actually good with Flo as coach so far. I really can’t argue with that hire. As anyone who’s read any of my recent posts knows, I think that Grier is the worst GM in football. Bar None. The way I see it, 2021 should be his last draft unless he hits it big...And I mean BIG. Up until now, none of his drafts are anywhere near good.

After week 2, Miami is 0-2 and the Texans are about to be 0-2. Looks like we will be in contention for the #1 pick.

Our own pick will certainly be in the top 10. It will be interesting to see where the Texans finish, but I imagine their record will still be better than ours

Back
Top Bottom