As of Weds morning, No Phins on Opt Out list | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

As of Weds morning, No Phins on Opt Out list

What a shame. I was hoping Fitzpuke would opt out. Just kidding before anyone tries telling me how lucky we are to have him

We want Fitzpatrick here to help mentor Tua. Rosen offers nothing in that regard.
I think the "mentoring" rhetoric is overblown.

Could there be some value in it in some situations? Sure, but unless you know the personally know both individuals involved, it's an unfounded assumption.

It's like half the ppl say Fitz will welcome a future in coaching, and the otger half say he will put the NFL behind him to ride off into the sunset and spend time with his family.

Either is possible, but unless you have first hand knowledge, it's baseless speculation.

If tua wins the competition going into week 1 I could see fitz cut or peddled in trade.

Likely cut as I doubt anyone would trade for him.

outside of medical there is no reason to sit tua. And the medical ship has sailed.

install a heavy rpo based offense with west coast passing concepts and play tbe kid.

you gonna need a heavy rpo based offense with your edge pass protection anyways. Get the ball out of hand

this team hasn’t seen anything that plays with tuas level instincts in a long long time at the qb position.

fitz is instinctual he’s just limited.

If tua wins the competition going into week 1 I could see fitz cut or peddled in trade.

outside of medical there is no reason to sit tua. And the medical ship has sailed.

install a heavy rpo based offense with west coast passing concepts and play tbe kid.

you gonna need a heavy rpo based offense with your edge pass protection anyways. Get the ball out of hand

this team hasn’t seen anything that plays with tuas level instincts in a long long time at the qb position.

If Tua wins out, I don't think that they'll cut Fitzpatrick, if only because I don't think Flores and the rest of the staff is completely comfortable with Josh Rosen being their only backup.

No way. You have a rookie who struggled to stay healthy in college being a freshly rebuilt O line along with Covid out there. Why would you not have the best backup in the league sitting there?

Once a player opts out, could they change their mind and opt back in at some point later in the season?

Once a player opts out, could they change their mind and opt back in at some point later in the season?
No. It's permanent for this season. There is another timeline to be able to opt out that I'm not super knowledgeable about. Something to do with a family member being sick I believe.

I think the "mentoring" rhetoric is overblown.

Could there be some value in it in some situations? Sure, but unless you know the personally know both individuals involved, it's an unfounded assumption.

It's like half the ppl say Fitz will welcome a future in coaching, and the otger half say he will put the NFL behind him to ride off into the sunset and spend time with his family.

Either is possible, but unless you have first hand knowledge, it's baseless speculation.

It's not baseless speculation. There's articles out there about their relationship already. Why be a contrarian just for the heck of it?

It's not baseless speculation. There's articles out there about their relationship already. Why be a contrarian just for the heck of it?
Meh....

Unless the ppl writing the articles have the inside story, it's still speculation.

There are tons of filler pieces written by our beat writers that bear little resemblance to reality.

Not trying to be contrarian, but unless Fitz has something to say on the matter, I take it with a grain of salt.

I guess it's a "devils advocate" sort of thing.

Back
Top Bottom