As predicted, Van Ginkel is getting reps at ILB | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

As predicted, Van Ginkel is getting reps at ILB

DOLFANMIKE

Coaches Corner
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
"One of the main reasons why Van Ginkel is still in Miami, Fangio could unlock his full potential, and a hybrid usage of inside and outside play could spike that snap count back up to over 70%, as it was in 2021. Should the inside experiment with Van Ginkel progress, it’d indicate a depth role behind ready-made inside linebackers, Jerome Baker and the newly signed free agent David Long."

I called this one way back before the draft (February), and I'm very excited to see that Van Ginkel is getting reps at ILB. He is way to much of a playmaker to limit him just on the outside and we need to get him on the field as much as possible. He can bring heat to the offense from the inside or outside.
1684821015750.png
I'll say it now, I won't be shocked to see him outplay Jerome Baker inside and perhaps see us move on from Baker after this season.
Here's where the news broke:
1684820360457.png

Attachments

• 1684820904168.png
    1684820904168.png
    17.4 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Unless there are injuries, I can't see Van GInkle in 70% snap range. That's a lot unless you have him beating out Long, Baker, Chubb or Phillips in the starting lineup.

"One of the main reasons why Van Ginkel is still in Miami, Fangio could unlock his full potential, and a hybrid usage of inside and outside play could spike that snap count back up to over 70%, as it was in 2021. Should the inside experiment with Van Ginkel progress, it’d indicate a depth role behind ready-made inside linebackers, Jerome Baker and the newly signed free agent David Long."

I called this one way back before the draft (February), and I'm very excited to see that Van Ginkel is getting reps at ILB. He is way to much of a playmaker to limit him just on the outside and we need to get him on the field as much as possible. He can bring heat to the offense from the inside or outside.
View attachment 143114
I'll say it now, I won't be shocked to see him outplay Jerome Baker inside and perhaps see us move on from Baker after this season.
Here's where the news broke:
View attachment 143112
I think this is a fantastic move! AVG is an explosive player who can get to the QB and is a great tackler. I’ve not seen him
much in coverage or playing inside but trust that VF will use him as a chess piece. We need all of our playmakers on the field and he’s definitely a playmaker.

I posted this a few times myself. Once we brought Gink back I had a feeling this would happen under Fangio. Let’s see how he does but he may surprise people with his versatility.

Sorry Coach but Fin already beat you to it

The word is that Fangio likes AVG and is trying to get him on the field more.

That is good for him but it may say something less good about Tindall.
but if that's what's best for the team then I'm all for it......good things happen when AVG is on the field.

Work From Home Vote GIF by RPA_Advertising

but if that's what's best for the team then I'm all for it......good things happen when AVG is on the field.
In Fangio I trust, I just hope to get something out of Tindall, Leo Chenal went with the very next pick and while he did not play a ton for KC last year he was more productive than Tindall and you have to wonder if he would be a better fit in a Fangio defense.

Obviously Fangio was not in Miami at the time so that is not a criticism of the pick but I would love to know which one Fangio would prefer in terms of style since they were very different LB's.

It's kind of easy to see how Van Ginkel is custom fit for what Fangio likes to do. We already know what AVG can do outside and on special teams, but really there's a lot of things he can do from the inside as well, including bring some pass rush pressure from inside or playmaking that we have lacked there since Zach Thomas. I think coming in off th bench will suit him perfectly and him coming in fresh will only magnify his impact.
Baker may get beat out in a contract year just like Van Noy did if AVG has the kind of season I expect him to.

In Fangio I trust, I just hope to get something out of Tindall, Leo Chenal went with the very next pick and while he did not play a ton for KC last year he was more productive than Tindall and you have to wonder if he would be a better fit in a Fangio defense.

Obviously Fangio was not in Miami at the time so that is not a criticism of the pick but I would love to know which one Fangio would prefer in terms of style since they were very different LB's.
me and silver wanted Chenal but oh well

me and silver wanted Chenal but oh well
At the time the faster Tindall was a better 'scheme fit" and when has that ever hurt the Fins.........................TJ Watt vs Charles Harris :oops:

But I am not ready to give up on Tindall or EE for that matter.

Back
Top Bottom