As predicted, Van Ginkel is getting reps at ILB | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

As predicted, Van Ginkel is getting reps at ILB

IMO AVG was under-used and under-rated. I see a very instinctive player who has a tendency to make plays when given the opportunity. His length is tough for blockers to deal with. He's always been good at setting the edge and those same skills will help him stack and shed. I'm not sure he has much man coverage ability, but I think he'll be awesome in zone coverage. His instincts/awareness, length and speed are ideal for zone coverage. And I expect that those instincts and speed will be useful on red/green dog blitzes as well.

IMO AVG was under-used and under-rated. I see a very instinctive player who has a tendency to make plays when given the opportunity. His length is tough for blockers to deal with. He's always been good at setting the edge and those same skills will help him stack and shed. I'm not sure he has much man coverage ability, but I think he'll be awesome in zone coverage. His instincts/awareness, length and speed are ideal for zone coverage. And I expect that those instincts and speed will be useful on red/green dog blitzes as well.
Did you watch the vid? A couple nice examples of him playing underneath zone.

Did you watch the vid? A couple nice examples of him playing underneath zone.
I did. He's not nearly as long, but I get a little bit of a Ted Hendricks vibe. I've been a big fan of AVG's game for awhile now. I thought our defense was far better with AVG than it was with Kyle Van Noy. When KVN left, I had hoped we'd see more of AVG. I agree with the video that this ILB training will make it more likely that AVG gets on the field more.

I did. He's not nearly as long, but I get a little bit of a Ted Hendricks vibe. I've been a big fan of AVG's game for awhile now. I thought our defense was far better with AVG than it was with Kyle Van Noy. When KVN left, I had hoped we'd see more of AVG. I agree with the video that this ILB training will make it more likely that AVG gets on the field more.
The "mad stork". You must be old as dirt, like me...lol

Probably tough to be as long as guy that huge lol

Yeah I see a breakout player here

For a cool mill

Keep in mind too that Fangio is going to find specific roles for Gink that will highlight his strengths

Last edited:
having a good D coordinator will make baker look better too. I’m excited to see Philips and holland excel this year

Damn, didn't realize he had a 9.79 RAS score coming out of college. 6'3 245, has always been solid for us with some great special teams moments.
I never heard of him before we drafted him. And I didn't realize he was that good of an athlete either.

Back
Top Bottom