as requested by Justafan, WCoastFins Power Rankings Week 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

as requested by Justafan, WCoastFins Power Rankings Week 8

Predaphin

Predator in the Water
Reaction score
THIS WEEK / LAST WEEK
1.Packers---2(With 1 loss and Brett Favre not injured they have to be considered the best right now)
2.Chargers---3(Theyre keeping them close, but getting the job done)
3.Saints---1(after a close dissapointing loss, the defense must regroup and help the offense)
4.Dolphins---4 (WRs are back, now the AFCE is Lucass' to lose)
5.Broncos---5 (look up Chargers)
6.Eagles---6 (Survived after all the Giants costly mistakes)
7.Buccaneers---8(I think they found the solution to winning,yup thats right, bench Rob Johnson)
8.49ers---7(manhandled the Cards and then started to break down)
9.Chiefs---10(Despite a tough scheduele and all their losses they are very much alive in the race)
10.Raiders---9 (Is their age finally catching up?)
11.Cardinals---12 (Played their heart out till the end)
12.Colts---11 (Might be the most overrated team in the NFL)
13.Steelers---16 (slowly but surely putting themselves on the map)
14.Falcons---19 (one word "Vick")
15.Rams---18 (Can 8-1 be possible? We'll have to ask Faulk)
16.Bills---15 (Despite beating the tameful lions, the Fumbling woes continue)
17.Browns---17 (Proved they werent down and out)
18.Patriots---14 (Were they looking ahead at Bledsoe Bowl I?)
19.Ravens---13 (They had to crumble without R Lewis sometime and losing him for the rest of the season is not what they need right now)
20.Redskins---21 (a QB away from being a contender)
21.Giants---20 (Costly mistakes cost you the game)
22.Cowboys---26 (Im not sure what the cowboys were more focused on, breaking the record or winning the game)
23.Panthers---24(Their stingy Defense can only do so much, they better sign a QB quick, theyre witnessing their season slip away)
24.Lions---23 (even though their standings dont show it, they are improving each and every week)
25.Texans---30 (have they ever been ranked this high?)
26.Jets---27 (Seems to me Pennington is the only one that wants to win)
27.Jaguars---29 (just when we thought they had came out of salary cap hell)
28.Seahawks---22 (They beat a team who was concentrated on something other than winning and it was still close)
29.Vikings---31 (Shined against a defensless team)
30.Titans---28 (Should have lost to the Bungles)
31.Bears---25 (I knew they werent that good, but I never knew they were this bad)
32.Bengals---32 (This spot is reserved)

Take note that despite the bills beating a not so great lions, they took a step back. That's a ranking based on hatred.

The fins lost to the lowly bills( like some finfans put it) and who's qb is questionable stays at no 4? BTW your starters are back but are they rusty or 100%? Hmmmm, can anyone say biased?

The rams are 2-5 and are rated better than the Bills in your rankings?

How are the Texans and the Lions rated better than the Jags?

Originally posted by justafan
Tke note that despite the bills beating a not so great lions, they took a step back. That a ranking based on hatred.

The fins lost to the lowly bills( like some finfans put it) and who's qb is qyestionable stays at no 4? Hmmmm?

The bills took a step back only becuz other teams are playing better and look at who the Bills have beaten.....

And the Phins stay at #4 pending on how Lucas does with our starting WRs....should the Dolphins lose to the Pack then they will drop on the list quickly.

Let me see. You base your rankings that when a team losses (fins) they stay the same. When a team wins (bills) they take a step back. Like I said , your ranking is garbage! A Joke!

and you complain that NFL.com rankings are a joke? Look in the mirror. If You can't be objective about it don't bother boring us with your rankings.

Well, here are ESPN's Power Rankings, I don't know where your's came from. Either way, I don't buy much into these rankings though, after all sportwriters are morons.

Tuesday, October 29

Bye week lifts Chargers to the top

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ESPN.com

ESPN.com's Power Poll
The rankings are determined by a poll of ESPN.com's NFL staff -- senior writers John Clayton, Len Pasquarelli and Chris Mortensen (click here for Mort's rankings) and ESPN.com NFL editors Peter Lawrence-Riddell and James C. Black. Click here to let us know what you think.
Editor's note: The Power Rankings are updated every Tuesday.
Another week and another new No. 1.

Through eight weeks of NFL action it's clear that there isn't a dominant team and that's reflected in this week's rankings where the Chargers are the third straight new No. 1 team and the sixth different top team so far this year.

Meanwhile, the Bears continue to plummet. Losers of five straight, Chicago dropped from No. 23 last week all the way to No. 31.

Anyway, on to the rankings. If you want to see last week's rankings, click here.

2002 Power Rankings: Week 9

1 Chargers 6-1-0 Hey this is pretty easy. Take a week off and move up to the top spot.

2 Broncos 6-2-0 Pretty impressive performance against the Patriots. Out gained New England 351-179 and should have won by 14.

3 Packers 6-1-0 Gotta love Brett Favre making his 165th straight start before a national TV audience on MNF.

4 Eagles 5-2-0 Just when everyone is going crazy over Michael Vick, Donovan McNabb steps up and reminds us all that he's still the best combination of running and passing at QB.

5 Dolphins 5-2-0 Better hope that Ray Lucas got a chance to put his performance against the Bills behind him during Miami's bye week.

6 Saints 6-2-0 Saints' porous defense finally jumped up and cost them a game they should have won.

7 49ers 5-2-0 When Garcia and Owens are clicking, the 49ers put a bunch of points on the board.

8 Buccaneers 6-2-0 If Brad Johnson misses more time, Shaun King will play because Rob Johnson could get hurt watching TV.

9 Bills 5-3-0 Drew Bledsoe won't come out and say it, but we're betting he gets a little smile when he looks at the standings and sees the Patriots looking up at the Bills

10 Steelers 4-3-0 After stumbling early, the Steelers are right where they are supposed to be -- on top of the AFC North.

11 Raiders 4-3-0 Wonder if Tim Brown is happy? He got the ball more, but it didn't translate into a win.

12 Falcons 4-3-0 If you could only watch one player in the NFL, Michael Vick would have to be near the top of the list.

13 Chiefs 4-4-0 Just imagine where the Chiefs would be if their defense had played that well all season. 6-2? 7-1?

14 Colts 4-3-0 Wasn't Tony Dungy supposed to improve the defense while the offense remained explosive? That plan isn't working too well right now.

15 Patriots 3-4-0 Bad times in New England. The Pats need to get back that chip they had on their shoulders at the beginning of the season.

16 Cardinals 4-3-0 They made it a game, but it's pretty clear the Cardinals aren't yet in the class of a team like the 49ers.

17 Browns 4-4-0 Huge win for the Browns keeps them within sight of the Steelers in AFC North.

18 Ravens 3-4-0 The Ravens have done OK without Ray Lewis, but if he's out for the year, their season could go south fast.

19 Rams 2-5-0 Big game coming up against the Cardinals, who are ahead of St. Louis in the NFC West.

20 Giants 3-4-0 Kudos to Shockey for stepping up and playing hurt. But next time, maybe you should just keep your mouth shut.

21 Titans 3-4-0 Pretty amazing, but a win Sunday against the Colts and the Titans will be tied for first in the AFC South.

22 Redskins 3-4-0 Shane Matthews should get at least one or two more weeks as the starting QB.

23 Jaguars 3-4-0 Losing to the Texans is bad, but no coach deserves to be spit on by the home fans. That's just nasty.

24 Panthers 3-5-0 Panthers offense is obviously a year or two away, but they have a playoff defense right now.

25 Jets 2-5-0 Stick a fork in them. A win would have given Jets fans some hope, but that's gone.

26 Cowboys 3-5-0 If Troy Hambrick is that good then he deserves to play. But we have a hard time believing he'd be better than Emmitt right now.

27 Seahawks 2-5-0 Here's hoping Darrell Jackson makes a speedy recovery from the seizure he suffered in the locker room following the Seahawks victory over the Cowboys.

28 Lions 2-5-0 At least Lions fans won't have to watch Emmitt Smith break the record against Detroit.

29 Texans 2-5-0 It will be interesting to see how the Texans respond in a game they are actually expected to win.

29 Vikings 2-5-0 Bryant McKinnie appears close to signing. Think he'll get a warm reception in the Minnesota locker room when he finally shows up?

31 Bears 2-5-0 Things are pretty ugly in Chicago and it doesn't look like they're going to get any better.

32 Bengals 0-7-0 How low can they go? Not much lower, but a loss to the Texans would be pretty low.

So far WCF no one on this board has agreed to your rankings either.

Originally posted by BillscrushFins
and you complain that NFL.com rankings are a joke? Look in the mirror. If You can't be objective about it don't bother boring us with your rankings.

You and your one post in here, only ever showing up after the Bills finally beat Miami (by luck I might add), is the only joke I can see. I don't hate you for being a Bills fan, I don't hate you at all. I do feel pity though. I am pretty sure you will only come here until December 1st, after that, we will never see you again.

I say they are pretty acurate. Let me guess, your rankings wou;d put the Bills at #1. "Because they ahve beat every 2-5 team in the league":rolleyes:

Originally posted by BillscrushFins

By the way, your screen name does not do you any justice. Last time the Bills CRUSHED the Phins was back in the early 90's. If you are talking about the last game, obviously you weren';t watching it. It was given to you by a certain Ray Mucous. Merry Christmas, those are all the gifts you are getting from us this year. Hope you make something out of it. (like a name) Why don't you call that the Buffalo Bill Super Bowl, it's the only one you could win.:rolleyes:

You're putting words in my mouth. I would even rate the bills higher then the Raiders. If you read my other posts I don't even think the bills are that great and I agree we beat lowly teams.How's that? Before you start speaking for me, make sure you read and not guess what my thoughts are. Don't guess!

You're just as bad as WCF if you agree w/ WCF. I wouldn't eve

it's not that I agree guy. Look at ESPN's, they are damn close to what WCF put as his.

By the way, your screen name does not do you any justice. Last time the Bills CRUSHED the Phins was back in the early 90's.

I remember a game in 99 (not the early 90's is it) when the Bills killed your fish 23-3. You know, the year that we made Dan Marino retire.

it's not that I agree guy. Look at ESPN's, they are damn close to what WCF put as his.

- Marino Fan

ESPN's rankings don't have the fins at #4, and they don't have the Bills ranked at #16.

All I've got to say is 23-10, and the Bills have the longest winning streak in the AFC right now - Deal with it.

I can't wait till december 1st.

Look how ay off he is...

wcf Lions 24, Jags 27
Espn lions 28, jags 23

tha'ts just 1 example.

Rankings are nothing much other than one's opinion. Basically all I'm saying is that it's pretty obvious that WCF's opinion stinks.

Back
Top Bottom