As the Hall of Fame vote nears, Jason Taylor reflects on family, football and fame | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

As the Hall of Fame vote nears, Jason Taylor reflects on family, football and fame

AL R

Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Jason Taylor is only 42 years old but he has already completed his life’s signature work.He played 15 NFL seasons at heights that have put him in the conversation for a spot in the Pro Football Hall of Fame.And two weeks out from that conversation — a meeting in which 48 national selectors will decide which of 18 finalists, including Taylor, deserve induction into the Hall — Taylor is about to have a busy day.

Taylor retired five years ago and is enjoying his days after football. Yes, some include too much golf and some, he admits, are punctuated by hours of boredom.

“Having three kids it’s hard to be bored,” Taylor says. “But sometimes, I am. Sometimes before I go to bed I’ll look at the next day’s schedule and think, ‘I don’t have anything to do tomorrow.

The kids get out of school at 3 and I’ll probably go to the basketball court with the boys at 3:30. But what do I do between 6:30 when I wake up and 3? ”This isn’t one of those boring days.

This day, which Taylor invited the Miami Herald to share, includes a morning charity event in Parkland, an afternoon autograph signing at a Dunkin Donuts in Loxahatchee, and a bar mitzvah that evening.And in between Taylor will pose for an endless amount of photos with kids and adults alike, share time with former teammate Zach Thomas and former Dolphins running back Mercury Morris, schmooze a park ranger to get out of a parking ticket, and, yes, candidly discuss his career, his children, and life after football.

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/s...-salguero/article130368069.html#storylink=cpy

Great article - lots of good unfiltered stuff in there!

Great read....wow ...on his info on past coaches and qb's

That was an awesome read. Thanks for the find and post.

Back
Top Bottom