As The Smoke Clears... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

As The Smoke Clears...

South Florida

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I'm not going to spend too much time on the first round controversy, but I will ask an open question. How much footage of Ted Ginn have you watched? Beyond that, how much footage of Brady Quinn have you watched? I mean real footage, in a dark room alone in the a.m. hours after a 17 hour day. How much have you watched? How much of a comparison have you done between Brady Quinn and John Beck? Have you worked them out?

There are a few obvious things that people in Miami, and around the country, just won't accept. They won't accept that Miami obviously had Ted Ginn rated that much higher than Brady Quinn that the desperate need for the position didn't warrant taking a quarterback over a blur from Ohio State. They won't accept that Miami may have had John Beck rated close to Brady Quinn, if not higher. They won't accept that Brady Quinn, though not ignored by the media, was totally ignored by the NFL from picks 1 to 22.

Now, THE BRIGHT SPOT

Anybody care to look at the disposition of our front office? To look at the feeling coming out of there?

I look at Cam Cameron and Randy Meuller and I'm thrilled. I'm thrilled. They're on the same page. They BOTH wanted Ted Ginn. They BOTH thought John Beck was the most accurate passer in the draft. They agreed with each other. There are no problems between them. Cam, THE HEAD COACH, praises Meuller's work in this draft. Meuller wants to prove himself to the coach and hopes the players perform.

Dave Wandstedt and Rick Spielman?

Nick Saban and Rick Spielman?

Nick Saban and Randy Meuller?

This is wonderful and we should all open our eyes. Have some faith in these guys who have worked so hard and so well together.

Just ask Drew Brees and Phillip Rivers what they think...

...or ask Walter Jones and Deuce McCallister.

I'm not going to spend too much time on the first round controversy, but I will ask an open question. How much footage of Ted Ginn have you watched? Beyond that, how much footage of Brady Quinn have you watched? I mean real footage, in a dark room alone in the a.m. hours after a 17 hour day. How much have you watched? How much of a comparison have you done between Brady Quinn and John Beck? Have you worked them out?

I think the lemmings got together and just copied and pasted this from years ago, and replaced "Drew Brees" with "Brady Quinn", and "Jamar Fletcher" with "Ted Ginn" and splattered it across Miami Dolphin message boards everywhere in a sad attempt at justification

It would be nice if we could all relax and let the people that know football make the correct decisions. I amconcerned aboutsome of them though and I wish we would have plled the trigger on some trades and picks.

It would be nice if we could all relax and let the people that know football make the correct decisions. I amconcerned aboutsome of them though and I wish we would have plled the trigger on some trades and picks.

This board has been doing that for the past 10 years.

Where's it gotten ya?

the Blur from Ohio will be in an aircast for 6 weeks, followed by 6 weeks of rehab. the Blur only ran 3 routes at Ohio State, and won't be learning any new ones at Mini Camp, because he won't be able to work out.

do the math there, and best case scenario, he is ready to run roughly August 1, after an injury sustained January 5th. when will he be in football shape, let alone NFL shape?

but you are right, he sounds like the number 9 guy overall to me.

how many WR make an immediate impact in the NFL? and among WR's that make an impact, how many are allowed to continue to play PR/KR by their teams, risking injury? so either we got a really expensive kick returner, or a WR that can runs three routes.

how many 175 pound guys hold up for long playing in the NFL?

what is H. Wayne Huizenga's track record for hiring NFL head coaches while owner of the Miami Dolphins?

but you are right, i will give this bunch the benefit of the doubt, it is all different now.

It was stated by both Ginn and Mueller that the ESPN report about the time required for the boot and for the time to fully here were inaccurate and wildly off the mark.

the Blur from Ohio will be in an aircast for 6 weeks, followed by 6 weeks of rehab. the Blur only ran 3 routes at Ohio State, and won't be learning any new ones at Mini Camp, because he won't be able to work out.

do the math there, and best case scenario, he is ready to run roughly August 1, after an injury sustained January 5th. when will he be in football shape, let alone NFL shape?

but you are right, he sounds like the number 9 guy overall to me.

how many WR make an immediate impact in the NFL? and among WR's that make an impact, how many are allowed to continue to play PR/KR by their teams, risking injury? so either we got a really expensive kick returner, or a WR that can runs three routes.

how many 175 pound guys hold up for long playing in the NFL?

what is H. Wayne Huizenga's track record for hiring NFL head coaches while owner of the Miami Dolphins?

but you are right, i will give this bunch the benefit of the doubt, it is all different now.
Awesome. Just awesome post.

Ginn has already said that, if there were a game tomorrow, he could play tomorrow. The injury thing is a red herring.

Didn't this guy run in the 4.3s while taking a break from the "aircast?"

What does that say about a guy who's so injured....still so seriously injured that about a month ago (when he was, theoretically, more injured) he gets out of the wheel chair to run one of the fastest 40 times of this draft cycle?

He's got 4.2 speed, not 4.3 speed. It's evident in his highlights.

Whatever, I really don't care to argue. I love the pick, love the player.

You're all jocking Brady Quinn's face. That's the only thing I can come up with.

FINALLY! The post we've all been looking for. Thanks for the optimism and insight.

There are a few obvious things that people in Miami, and around the country, just won't accept. They won't accept that Miami obviously had Ted Ginn rated that much higher than Brady Quinn that the desperate need for the position didn't warrant taking a quarterback over a blur from Ohio State. They won't accept that Miami may have had John Beck rated close to Brady Quinn, if not higher. They won't accept that Brady Quinn, though not ignored by the media, was totally ignored by the NFL from picks 1 to 22.

Now, THE BRIGHT SPOT

Anybody care to look at the disposition of our front office? To look at the feeling coming out of there?

I look at Cam Cameron and Randy Meuller and I'm thrilled. I'm thrilled. They're on the same page. They BOTH wanted Ted Ginn. They BOTH though John Beck was the most accurate passer in the draft. They agreed with each other. There are no problems between them. Cam, THE HEAD COACH, praises Meuller's work in this draft. Meuller wants to prove himself to the coach and hopes the players perform.

Dave Wandstedt and Rick Spielman?

Nick Saban and Rick Spielman?

Nick Saban and Randy Meuller?

This is wonderful and we should all open our eyes. Have some faith in these guys who have worked so hard and so well together.

Just ask Drew Brees and Phillip Rivers what they think...

...or ask Walter Jones and Deuce McCallister.

Back
Top Bottom