as ugly as.... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

as ugly as....

phinfan33

Club Member
Reaction score
i wasn't able to watch the game,but i followed it on nfl.com,and from what i saw and read on there,this game was ugly for both teams in terms of penalties...i even saw one penalty on Jake Long,a holding call...anyways,we won,it was ugly,but we got the W to put our record at 4-4...we now have what...the next 3 or 4 games in a row all home games...hopefully we can get these mistakes ironed out and get some more W's at home in front a (sold out perhaps) home crowd....Go Dolphins!!!!!

Dolphins had 2 penalties. I'd hardly call that ugly.

The Jake Long holding call with about 8 minutes or so left in the 4th was the 1st Miami Penalty and it was because Chad held on to the ball for way too long. And the 2nd and only other penalty was a pass interference call that saved a TD. Marshall had the TD but was grabbed. They scored anyways so it didnt matter. But 2 penalties is a solid day for a young team.

i wasn't able to watch the game,but i followed it on nfl.com,and from what i saw and read on there,this game was ugly for both teams in terms of penalties...i even saw one penalty on Jake Long,a holding call...anyways,we won,it was ugly,but we got the W to put our record at 4-4...we now have what...the next 3 or 4 games in a row all home games...hopefully we can get these mistakes ironed out and get some more W's at home in front a (sold out perhaps) home crowd....Go Dolphins!!!!!

Any Miami WIN is a beautiful thing!:woot:

We were great on penalties. We had 2 penalties, a pass interference leading to a Denver TD and a Jake Long penalty for holding.
Denver, however, needs to work on avoiding penalties. Remember us in the Preseason?

It was an ugly game. A game Miami had a lot of chances to blow open the lead. There were some questionable calls both ways and I honestly think we got a huge gift on that Marshall pass interference call that negated the 77 yard touchdown pass.

Our defense played lights out and Pennington for the most part didn't look like himself on some passes. He was very solid on that last drive though. Still a little puzzled as to why the running game is still struggling.

All in all though, it was a HUGE win on the road in a hostile environment. It was a game a lot of people didn't give us a chance to win(there have been a lot of those this year) and we came out and took care of business. We are not only in the thick of the wild card race, but the Division title. Hopefully the Colts can beat the Pats to keep this division even closer.

Even though it was ugly, I love winning.

The defensive PI call seemed like a makeup for the call on Marshall. Both were questionable and probably should have been non-calls, but we were fortunate to never give up the lead.

Still a little puzzled as to why the running game is still struggling.

Denver had one mission on D today....Stop the run.

We were running into brick walls all day and didnt throw downfield enough to back them out of the box.

The passing game was open all day long, yet we didnt really take advantage of it until our final drive.

Sometimes you just have to take what the D is giving you, it was driving me crazy today watching us try to fruitlessly pound the ball when we had receivers open all over the field.

Hit on some big pass plays and watch the running lanes open up.

Thankfully, our D pretty much single handedly put this game on a silver platter for us. Like you said, a win is a win and I'm happy we got the hard earned W on the road. The first sign of a good team is being able to win when your not playing well, and we did that today (the D was playing lights out though, so that helped ALOT)

The Long penalty was Pennington holding the ball for way too long, if Jake hadn't held the defender he was going to knock the ball outta Chad's hand most certainly.

Back
Top Bottom