Asante S. + Pats' 28th for: Redskins' sixth overall? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Asante S. + Pats' 28th for: Redskins' sixth overall?

BrazForPhins

Perennial All-Pro
Reaction score
Patriots | Team talks trade with Redskins
Sun, 8 Apr 2007 11:54:32 -0700
Albert Breer, of the Boston Herald, reports the <A href="http://www.kffl.com/team/24/nfl">New England Patriots have been rumored to have been talking about a trade with the Washington Redskins, which would ship the Patriots 28th pick and CB Asante Samuel to the Redskins for the sixth overall pick. This would allow the Patriots to draft Louisiana State S LaRon Landry, an impact player who would be ready to start on the season opener.

Now that would be a great deal for the patriots imo. I ******* hate them.

I dunno man, losing Samuel is a big deal. No idea what Landry would be able to do for them. Would be a great deal for the Foreskins though. I hope it doesn't go through :err:

I dunno man, losing Samuel is a big deal. No idea what Landry would be able to do for them. Would be a great deal for the Foreskins though. I hope it doesn't go through :err:

Sorry but Samuel is not nearly as good as he played last year. I've watched him since his rookie year and if the Patriots can get the sixth pick for him it would be the steal of all steals. Samuel's skills during his years with the Patriots have ranged from decent to awful on a game to game basis, now after one really good year he wants 30 millon and thinks he's an elite CB???????:sidelol: Not buying, take the picks and run.

Sorry but Samuel is not nearly as good as he played last year. I've watched him since his rookie year and if the Patriots can get the sixth pick for him it would be the steal of all steals. Samuel's skills during his years with the Patriots have ranged from decent to awful on a game to game basis, now after one really good year he wants 30 millon and thinks he's an elite CB???????:sidelol: Not buying, take the picks and run.

exactly my feeling about it

Sounds like a Washington kind of player. Overpaid underachiever.:ninja:

damnit JA, go back to washington and just pull the trigger on Lance

Sounds like a Washington kind of player. Overpaid underachiever.:ninja:

Well don't get me wrong, Samuel isn't garbage, but he's not near the top 5 CB that many casual football fans think he is after one great year. As I I've said, I've seen every game he's played since he's been drafted, and I feel safe saying that Samuel will never have another year like he had last year. If a team is dumb enough to give up a first round pick and pay him a 25-30 millon signing bonus, than they get what they deserve. :)

Well don't get me wrong, Samuel isn't garbage, but he's not near the top 5 CB that many casual football fans think he is after one great year. As I I've said, I've seen every game he's played since he's been drafted, and I feel safe saying that Samuel will never have another year like he had last year. If a team is dumb enough to give up a first round pick and pay him a 25-30 millon signing bonus, than they get what they deserve. :)

Here's the thing, Samuel played great last year, with timely interceptions, but Washington pays so much, its hard to meet expectations.

Either way, I dont want to see NE get the 6th pick.

I think every team should try to trade with the redskins.

they always get ripped off.

Back
Top Bottom