asante samuel r lance briggs | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

asante samuel r lance briggs

DEEPSIDEBOI

Scout Team
Reaction score
the phins should try to get them if we do our defense will be complete any thoughts

They want too much money. We don't need Briggs. Samuel would not hurt, But the cost to get him and his contract would kill us. We need to build a team thru the draft

Skeet is right, too much money for both. Briggs isn't even a need at this point. I'd consider the pay for Samuel if he'd had several years of performance like 2006, but that's not really the case.

No way the Pats would deal Samuel to us or anyone in the AFC East.....Samuel is also wanting a ton of money. Pass.

Samuel. One of the best corners in the league. But not a hope of getting him.

Couple of points
A team cannot be build through draft as
a)Top 17 picks sign for 6 yrs
b)Rest of first rounds sign for 5 yrs
C)Upto 3rd or 4th - 4 yrs
D)Everyone else 3 yrs
So you never have enough drafties with experience and development time in NFL to win so you need atleast 1/2 of team to be veterans [out of rookie contracts - remember miost players develop towards the end of rookie contract] players.Out of those 1/2 you need 10 top $$$ Players.

So in theory with salary cap the whole win with rookies is BS.Yes you need JAG rookies and a few good ones but the core will be veterans.

Look at new england for example
1)2001 SB team 20 starters where FA and they had seymour and brady but most of the players were FA.
2)2003 SB team - 2002 rookie class they have only Green who was a backup DE rest were all gone.After 01 they cut 15 starters and in 02 17 players replaced by 15 FA again + 10 draft picks/UDFA[2001/2002 yrs]
3)2004 SB team - they lost another 15 starters and had a monster draft 6 starters and then ended up giving colvin the biggest contract for a LB that year similar to thomas.then again they had 10 FA starters.

the only way to win is blend veterans ,high $$$ players ,Jag players and Jag rookies.I think 2004 NE did not start may rookies.

Briggs we have no use for were pretty well of at LB. And Sammuel I doubt we would get but I would love to have him here great corner and would get us some much needed help in the secondary but I dont see either guy coming to Miami.

Back
Top Bottom