Ashamed!!!! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ashamed!!!!

Jeep

Premium Member
Reaction score
I have been a member of this board for the last 8 or 9 months and for the most part, I enjoy this forum and enjoy conversing with many of you.. I am a HUGE Dolphin fan, have been for the best part of my life and since I live on the west coast of the US, I looked forward to seeing, reading and hearing anything and everything that pertains to my favorite team..

But I have to tell you that after seeing all the attacks, put downs and harassment by many of you JUST because you may not agree with some ones opinion or because they misspelled a word.. or maybe they are trying to make a point and their facts are slightly off .. well.. it has me ashamed to call myself a Dolfan and its getting to the point where I am ask myself if I am really enjoying logging onto this board... I do know that my level of enthusiasm for this team has declined and I believe its from all the arrogant.. pompous... immature people here..

First, I don't particularly agree with the coaching, the front office and some of the personnel.. My only outlet to discuss these issues are here at FinHeaven... and it seem that when someone makes any kind of negative statement about the Phins or coaching or the front office.. we get publicly harassed or ridiculed!!!

We are pretty much told to sit back, shut up and quit whining.. or we are told to get a life and then get over it.. I know I have gotten a real crappy attitude towards certain people and I have lashed out at certain times myself..

The latest occurrence that prompted me to write this was from a recent thread I read.. one of our fellow Dolphin fan took the time to write his opinion (granted it was negative) about the coaching staff and one jerk (in particular) jumped all over his case unprovoked.. In response and I am sure he felt personally insulted.. he lashed back. It wasn't until then that ADMIN stepped in and attempted to solve this problem by quoting the original posters response along with his comment about "no personal attacks"...and he did not quote mention or comment any of the other posts (plural).. even tho they drew first blood.. In my opinion that showed ADMIN was taking sides and if it wasn't, then it had to be a case of overlooking who and what actually started this argument..

Look you all.. This is a GREAT forum.. probably the best Dolphin website on the whole Internet.. Its a place where I not only donated my money to keep it running, but more importantly a place where I can call home.. We have some very informative members than go to practices and posts their opinions for us people that live too far away or have to work.. We have a few members that has the inside scoop of the latest Dolphin news.. and we have friends on here..

Personally speaking.. I would hate to see this place go downhill to the point where it is no longer enjoyable and people just quit logging on...

Remember 3 things people...

1) We all put our pants on one leg at a time
2) Opinions is something that everyone has and there is time that you can not change their opinions to match yours no matter how many words you speak (or type).
3) Remember what your momma told you... If you aint got anything nice to say.. Then its probably best to keep your trap shut...

Obviously, this board has quite a few immature members and they need to realize that just because someone else doesn't agree with you or they don't agree everything that happens with the team... they are still brothers.. they are still a Dolfans and they still love the team with all their hearts..

You know, what, I think this post deserves to go in Flipper's Finest.

I agree with everything you have said, excluding the whole situation you had with a certain member because I have not taken a look at the conversation and I can't say anything about that at this moment, because I honestly don't know the situation.

But, everything else is right on target.

When I first came on to this site, I was eager to get my opinions across, and I was able to. While not everyone agreed with me on some things, I rarely got bashed for my opinion. While I'm not saying it's happened to me recently, I have seen the bashing of people's opinion a lot recently.

There's no room for it on finheaven.com

This IS the best Dolphins board on the web, and I'm proud to say I'm a member of finheaven, but I haven't been too pleased with some of the personal attacks I've seen. We all have opinions, and just bcause you don't agree with someone, doesn't mean you need to bash the person.

We need to remember, why we're here.

1. To express our opinions because we can't do them publicly anywhere else. (In most cases)
2. To find out the latest Dolphins news.
3. To socialize with other Dol-fans, and yes, even Bills fans sometimes :tongue:

I ask everyone here to please refrain from making personal attacks on someone, for whatever the reason.

The staff has been taking care of the people that are doing this, but we don't want to ban everyone here if you see what I'm trying to say.

No one is taking sides, we are just trying to resolve problems do get the focus back on the reason we are all here. The Dolphins.

Let's keep it that way guys. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
"Help!! Help!! I'm being repressed!!"

i have had a lot of personal attacks on me too, and i have never attacked anyone.. people take differing opinions very personal sometimes.. especially if it is from a rival fan..

i guess you just get used to it..

i know personally.. i look for and find posters that seem more tolerant.. are open to agreeing to disagree in a less insultive manner.. or even, on rare ocassion, can actually take a good point to heart, even if it is against what they thought..

and the ones that are typically rude, ignorant, or dont ever have any substance to their posts other than to say.. your wrong, you suck, bills suck, phins rule.. well.. i pretty much just skim and move on.

Right on, Jeep...

I read a lot of negative stuff, and I get mad and type a scathing reply... then before I hit submit, I think about it and hit the back button...

It's not worth arguing with fellow fans... Sometimes when you feel very strongly about something, it's hard to NOT argue... But you're right, it happens too much and it's not only this forum... It's much worse on others...

First off, Jeep you have a PM.

Secondly, I have stated time and time again that pesonal attacks have no place on this forum. Granted, this is a very hard thing to accomplish. There are over 1,700 members on this board, and we are growing rapidly. It's almost hard to keep track of all the newbies. Anyways, with this large group, it should be known that SOMEONE will have a different opinion.

The staff of FinHeaven & Co tries to stop personal attacks in their tracks, and sometimes that's accomplished. Other times, we catch an arguement that is already developed, so we warn both parties involved. As stated before, it's quite simple... if someone throws a personal attack to you, PM a staff member. If you reply with another personal attack, you will be warned as well.

So listen, everyone just respect everybody else's opinions... it's not too difficult. Don't throw any personal attacks, and everyone will be happy...

Sincerely,
Andrew Tatum

Yeah!! Screw you Jeep!!! :)

On a serious note, this forum rocks and I hope it continues to grow.

Never Ashamed to be called a Dolphan

Jeep, your post may have been more effective if you did not call other posters jerks, arrogant, pompous, and immature. Do you think that is an effective way to call people to treat each other with respect?

In public forums opinions get challenged, hammered out, turned upside down emptied out, and there is usually some common ground that we rest on at the end.

If I were to be always negative for the sake of being negative or if I thought more highly of my opinions than I do the Miami Dolphins then I would be instigating confrontations with other fans. I would rather instigate intelligent thought about the Miami Dolphins.

Personally, I think that it is best to simply ignore a personal attack. It is the quickest way to end it. When you don't respond it makes the other person look small and you become the bigger man (or woman) who refuses to respond in kind.

I have never completely agreed with anyone 100% of the time on a message board. But, when someone comes on here claiming to be a Dolphins fan and only presents a negative view it will produce a negative response. Now if you decide to only criticize a Dolphin player or coach you better make sure you have your facts right and that you are not just spewing emotion. Like it or not that player or coach is working his butt off to make this a better team and they deserve some form of respect from those who call themselves Dolphin fans.

Last edited by a moderator:
i have been on this board for just over a year now and log on daily. since i spend a lot of time in china, this form is one of my only dolphin fixes. the personal attacks on others just make me keep my opinions (i hope i didn't spell that wrong) to myself. i for one don't like attacking others, and i hate to be attacked so i just keep many thoughts to myself. and my finheaven life works out fine that way. but jeep, it use to bother the heck out of me too, now i am just use to it.

as far as the staff goes. i think they are doing a good job. i can't think of anything more they can do. there are far way to many jerks out there to stop it. but things blow over. i remember for about a month or so there a lot of people were jumping all over dolphins2002, (now known as prime time) but he stuck with the board and i haven't seen any attacks on him for months now. i give dolphins2002 credit for sticking around, i wouldn't of.

anyways, your a good man jeep. i can tell that by your post. just stick to the form, like u said its the best the net has to offer.

bro. i would never take things so personal off this board or any where else for that matter. when you let things people post effect you that much ,you need to take a deep breath .and say you know what this stuff is not paying rent to stay in my head and kick it out. i think mods do the best that they can ,i dont believe there getting paid. so lets cut em some slack. ignor the foolish people and move on. peace bro.

none of the mods make money for doing it. We do it because we want to.

This is a very interesting post, this is a challenging board, I find that if you just say something without facts, and people don't agree with you, they will jump on you..but you also have to look at the passion that people have for their opinion and facts..That's why I like this board..the vast number of people have pretty good arguments to support their view..Those who just say your point of view sucks..I just ignore because they're not really adding meaningful conversation to the board, but I realize they are probably emotional at that point and just lashing out..especially if you got a good point on them..for the most part iIenjoy the board and the debates..I usually think we hash something out so well, that by the end of it, everyone's pretty well inform on the subject matter..the bills fan add favor to the board and I enjoy their insight..I especially like Clump, Justa, Tatonka...they really know football and just don't post to be negative....Totonka can get to you, because he's know what makes a lot of you tick, he baits you and you go for it..He's only expressing himself to say he doesn't alway agree, but sometimes he does..I read him and Clump and Justa pretty carefully and see what they see from a outside point of veiw..plus they're tracking their own team and measuring that team to ours..CK, Muck, DCH, and others are always enjoyable because they pick factual posts to respond to and you can really talk out or debate if you wish a point with them and know you will get good feedback. and they are never insulting in doing so, but you can tell they're just as passionate about their positions as you are..Some poster on this board can take some lessons from them in how to respond, even when insulted, and I've seen CK insulted plenty of times and marvel at his coolness when responding, ignoring the insult and espewing more facts to back up what he says..Even thought I don't always agree with him, I can respect his position. In the end, we're all fans, and everyone won't respond the way you want them to..Don't take it too personal, most of us don't know each other personally, nor can we affect each other lives financially or otherwise, so it doesn't mean a lot when anyone says something too smart..As long as you guys don't take out a contract on me or my family, I can live with the smart talk.:D

Originally posted by FinHeavenAJ
First off, Jeep you have a PM.

Secondly, I have stated time and time again that pesonal attacks have no place on this forum. Granted, this is a very hard thing to accomplish. There are over 1,700 members on this board, and we are growing rapidly. It's almost hard to keep track of all the newbies. Anyways, with this large group, it should be known that SOMEONE will have a different opinion.

The staff of FinHeaven & Co tries to stop personal attacks in their tracks, and sometimes that's accomplished. Other times, we catch an arguement that is already developed, so we warn both parties involved. As stated before, it's quite simple... if someone throws a personal attack to you, PM a staff member. If you reply with another personal attack, you will be warned as well.

So listen, everyone just respect everybody else's opinions... it's not too difficult. Don't throw any personal attacks, and everyone will be happy...

Sincerely,
Andrew Tatum

you guys are doing a great job. this board is actually more strict than most others.. but i am a nice guy.. so it doesnt effect me. :D

Originally posted by Tatonka

you guys are doing a great job. this board is actually more strict than most others.. but i am a nice guy.. so it doesnt effect me. :D

You know Tatonka, I agree, you are a nice guy:D Most people would have given up and run with all the heat you took, I have to say I respect you a lot for that..

PS..Write that in your diary, you won't see it again..:lol:

Sad

The "jerk" in question here is me as I am the one who said dropped a bomb on a particular post which was basically just another rehash of someone complaining about Wanny and his coaching style. My post wasn't even a disagreement about the issue as, to an extent, I agreed with the poster, but I just feel like the whole issue has been beaten to death so many times that it wasn't contributing a single positive thing to this board. Perhaps I came across a bit strong but it was meant in a more humorous manner than anything else.

As far as the rant that got us here (on this thread) in the first place, I can only address the poster as a total and complete hypocrite who is not willing to practice what he preaches. If one is going to take the time to write a dissertation as to why individuals should not be personally attacked on this MB, then that same individual should not- especially within the post condemning the "personal attacks"- personally attack someone else wouldn't you all agree?

Based upon his description of the post and the thread Jeep made it blatantly obvious to whom he was referring and to the exact thread; he then proceeded to blatantly call me a "jerk." Now, if calling someone a jerk (not to mention pompous) isn't a personal attack then I truly have no clue as to what is.

Sorry Jeep, you have proven yourself a total hypocrite who isn't really interested in doing the "right thing" but, rather, is only interested in his own personal agenda.

On a side note, why has everyone become so sensitive to things that people post? Is it that you can't take any ribbing about your opinions whatsoever? Is it that you consider your opinions so superior to everyone else's that you can't stand to have someone take a shot in jest? Or is it that every one of you (to whom this applies of course) have become so PC that the mere thought of an jab in your general direction is considered a blatant personal affront to be oppressed at all costs? I'm just curious; what's the problem?

One more note: if this thread starting post winds up in the "best of.." pile, then we're seriously going to have to consider that which is "best" to be severely diminished.

Re: Sad

Originally posted by Expo88
1. Now, if calling someone a jerk (not to mention pompous) isn't a personal attack then I truly have no clue as to what is.

2. why has everyone become so sensitive to things that people post?
A) Is it that you can't take any ribbing about your opinions whatsoever?
B)Is it that you consider your opinions so superior to everyone else's that you can't stand to have someone take a shot in jest? C) Or is it that every one of you (to whom this applies of course) have become so PC that the mere thought of an jab in your general direction is considered a blatant personal affront to be oppressed at all costs?

1. i noticed that.. wasnt very nice..

2. for me personally.. all of the above.. but especially option B :D

Back
Top Bottom