ashley lelie | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

ashley lelie

kkcow15

Starter
Reaction score
ashley lelie wants out of denver if he can't be the number one reciever, but I feel that we definitely will spread the ball around in linehan's system with daunte throwing rockets. he would be happy with the number of balls that came his way. daunte also has the ability to throw long passes which lelie thrives on. do you think it would be a good idea to try and work out a trade with the broncos for lelie? i don't really know what kind of trade we would present, because i don't want to lose any draft picks. maybe saban could lure him in like he did harrington and make him only want to play for the dolphins. I don't know how much better he is than booker, but i think he is younger and it would be great for reciever depth, which we still need to improve. This would also open up things more at spot 16 on saturday.

http://nfl.com/players/playerpage/302206

he wouldnt get more catches with us then he has gotten in denver the past 2 years. so he wouldnt be happy.

Lelie will be a great addition but why waste money when we need to wrry about aour defense, ricky won his appeal so offense its back to normal also the addition of kelly campbell

lelie could be a number one in alot of places.. but here is definetly not one of them........Saban wont even look at him.. if the guy is pushing to be a number one reciever in denver over rod smith (who will probably retire in not too long and is one of the most respected members of the franchise).. that seems a bit greedy and impatient to me..

San fran would be smart to look at him.......
maybe green bay if Walker takes off

I highly doubt we Saban has any intention on drafting a WR at 16, so lelie has no effect on who we pick. If Lelie is not happy in Denver he will hate being a #3 in miami because I truly think that is where he would end up. The guy has great speed and gets downfield. He has horrible hands and is quite simply not a playmaker. I dont think we trade anything for him and he will not be released so he is not really an option IMO.....

Dont tell him I said that he lives 3 houses down from me :D

jmorgan6977 said:
Dont get excited just an aggressive rumor...

nah he lost...:boohoo: :boohoo: ...i hate the nfl commisioner..its good that hes retiring in july...its not weed he did this year idk wut it is but it isnt weed:boohoo:

kkcow15 said:
ashley lelie wants out of denver if he can't be the number one reciever, but I feel that we definitely will spread the ball around in linehan's system with daunte throwing rockets. he would be happy with the number of balls that came his way. daunte also has the ability to throw long passes which lelie thrives on. do you think it would be a good idea to try and work out a trade with the broncos for lelie? i don't really know what kind of trade we would present, because i don't want to lose any draft picks. maybe saban could lure him in like he did harrington and make him only want to play for the dolphins. I don't know how much better he is than booker, but i think he is younger and it would be great for reciever depth, which we still need to improve. This would also open up things more at spot 16 on saturday.

http://nfl.com/players/playerpage/302206

Lelie hasn't tapped into 10% of the "potential" he had when he was drafted. He would have to go to a pretty bad team to be a #1 reciever. Like someone said earlier, he's just not a playmaker. Not to mention that we have 2 WR here that have been to the pro bowl. And no, he doesn't compare to Booker, look at the ypc. Not to mention Booker's blocking and experience. If anyone would actually give up something more than a 7th rd. pick then they are fools.

lelie is hot garbage. leave him. why give up anymore picks to malcontents. he wants to be a number one reciver! based on what! he wont be one here either. im happy with the recieving core we have while also keeping the few picks we have to concentrate on more pressing needs.

Ashley Lelie drops too many easy catches...you think you get mad when CC or McMike drop passes.....wait till you see what Lelie does....I know, I see all of Denver's games. We dont want him.

I don't think its a necessity...we have #84 and #86

I was a Lelie fan when he was in Hawaii, but he is a bust. I dont think too many teams will give up a lot to get him. I could see him in KC, or Phili I guess. but not worth a look in Miami!!

Back
Top Bottom