Ask Brett Tessler | Page 23 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ask Brett Tessler

NorFlaFin said:
Are their any college QB's who are starting rise above the rest in terms of the draft?
The one name that I'm consistently hearing is Kyle Orton from Purdue.

Brett Tessler said:
For me, the most trying times aren't always related to football. Sometimes it's helping a player deal with the loss or illness of a parent (who I've also grown close to). It also tears me apart whenever one of my guys gets injured or released. Any agent can be there during the good times, but the best agents are the ones who are still there when the going gets tough.
Thanks, hopefully things go well for you and your boys!

Brent

I am in the sports marketing and autograph business and work with many baseball players. I have never really got into football because I do all my deals through agents and found that football agents are usually not trustworthy. I also had a married first round draft pick bring a prostitute to a charity event.

How do you deal with agents paying players to be their clients, getting players loans/cars, etc.? Do you find it tough to be honest and successful in this business when even top agents seem to have lawsuits against them?

Finally, do you practice law on the side.

Shula-is-Good!! said:
I am in the sports marketing and autograph business and work with many baseball players. I have never really got into football because I do all my deals through agents and found that football agents are usually not trustworthy. I also had a married first round draft pick bring a prostitute to a charity event.

How do you deal with agents paying players to be their clients, getting players loans/cars, etc.? Do you find it tough to be honest and successful in this business when even top agents seem to have lawsuits against them?

Finally, do you practice law on the side.
I'm sorry that you had a few bad experiences, but I can assure you that most NFL players and agents conduct themselves in a professional manner. I don't get into competing with agents who offer guys cars, cash, etc. because those aren't the kind of players I want to represent anyway. Lastly, I don't do anything else on the side... this is it.

Sorry guys, but I can't comment on the head coaching situation right now for the simple reason that nobody including the team owner seems to know for sure what's going to happen.

Hey Bret,

I have an easy one for ya. Have you ever seen a team roll over that easily than our boys did tonight?

Dredd1050 said:
Hey Bret,

I have an easy one for ya. Have you ever seen a team roll over that easily than our boys did tonight?
It was pretty ugly. To make matters worse I watched the game at Eric Reid's house (the Miami Heat's announcer) and he's a HUGE Jets fan. He also had some of his other Jets buddies over, so it was pure hell.

Brett Tessler said:
It was pretty bad. To make matters worse I watched the game at Eric Reid's house (the Miami Heat's announcer) and he's a HUGE Jets fan. He also had some of his other Jets buddies over so you could imagine what that was like.
LOL! I don't have to imagine Brett, I was sititting in sec 339, row 29, seat 6 last night! Disgraceful!

BTW, check out the petition I've made up. It's time to take back our team:

www.petitiononline.com/marino1/petition.html

I'm sending it to Cote, Pope, LeBatard and everyone else I can think of!!

CrunchTime said:
Brett.I have a question for you.Please check the following thread

Would contacting Pioli/Saban be considered Tampering ?

http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showthread.php?t=55780

Do agents do any of these dastardly things ? ;)
Contacting Pioli before the end of the season would definitely be considered tampering, but in Saban's case it's not. That being said, things go on behind closed doors all the time. Technically, agents can't be charged with tampering so if somebody is willing to talk to an agent or any other third party about a person who is still under contract, good luck proving it.

Brett Tessler said:
Sorry guys, but I can't comment on the head coaching situation right now for the simple reason that nobody including the team owner seems to know for sure what's going to happen.
Well, snow that Dave is gone....what insights can you offer now, if any , my friend ? Thanks, Dan

Brett,

Have you heard anything since Dave has resigned about potential canidates for the HC job next year? Also, please tell me that Bates is being planned on being the interm HC and nothing more.

Brett,
From talking to players and contacts around the league, who in your opinion is the best HC in the NFL today ?

Nublar7 said:
Brett,

Have you heard anything since Dave has resigned about potential canidates for the HC job next year? Also, please tell me that Bates is being planned on being the interm HC and nothing more.
Right now nobody has a clue who will become the next head coach of the Miami Dolphins. It's all just speculation at this point. Bates will mop up this season while the organization weighs out their options for the future. I believe this team is in need of a head coach who brings instant credibility, and unfortunately there are no Tom Coughlins or Bill Parcells out there this year. If they want somebody with NFL head coaching experience, Jim Fassel has been to a Super Bowl and is generally regarded as a good coach. In regards to the offensive coordinators out there, Childress seems to be a hot commodity and Linehan has also done a hell of a job in Minnesota. Everything I hear about Charlie Weis is that even though he's a great O-coordinator, he lacks the personality to be a head coach. Romeo Crennel might be the best defensive coordinator on the planet, but he's almost 60 years old and has no prior head coaching experience. I'm less excited about the idea of going after a college coach for the simple reason that every one of them has struggled adjusting to the NFL in recent years (Butch Davis, Steve Spurrier, Dennis Erickson, etc.). I think the Dolphins' best bet will be to go with one of the top young coordinators out there and hope he can become their long-term solution.

Back
Top Bottom