Ask Brett Tessler | Page 59 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ask Brett Tessler

Hi Brett, Congrats on the Jesse Chatman deal. Just got a question. What's your background and experience? Do you have a law degree in contract law or something to become an agent? I'm not familiar with the industry as I'm not from the States.

The answers to all the questions you just asked are contained within the pages of this thread. Take the time and you will find everything you want to know and more. Cheers Down Under!

I personally don't think acquiring Green makes sense for the Dolphins. At this stage of his career I think he's best suited for a team like the Bears who are just one piece away from winning it all. With the big investment already made in Culpepper, why not try one more season just in case he still has something left (unless this staff thinks he's absolutely worthless). Also, if they feel like John Beck is the quarterback of the future then why not get him some game experience now?

I certainly dont disagree, as long as Daunte will be healthy, which is my biggest concern. I agree or believe Beck is teh future and along that line I felt that was what Green was being brought in for. Since he is at the end of his career, he would be more inclined to be a mentor to Beck; whereas Daunte is still young enough and has a point to prove, so would be less inclined to tutor Beck.

I dont know just doesnt make sense to me to have both Daunte and Trent, as well as Cleo. Is there any chance you see the Dolphins keeping Trent, Daunte and Beck and allowing Cleo to explore other options?

Hey Mr. Tessler, im just wondering... what is an agent to do when there is a war between 2 teams for a player, like in the trent green situation... becuase obviously green wants to go to miami but for some reason they cant get a deal done with kc. Does the agent push the issue on one team or the other or does he just wait it out, till a team budges and a deal gets done?? thansks alot
!Brian

Hey Brett... I thought of you as I read this. I thought it was a very positve stroke and I seriously look forward to Jesse kicking some butt. Thanks for spending time with us.

Coach Cam said:
On the thinking that Jesse Chatman’s career could be salvaged after sitting out the last two years) --
“It’s several things. Number one, it is still early and I can say that and having a relation with Jesse then he knows what I mean. So if he reads that he won’t overreact. Here’s a guy who played at a high level at one point in time and has had some obstacles in his way. I’ve been impressed with him getting some of those issues squared away. We sat down and talked. You guys have asked me this questions before, ‘How do you know if a guy’s going to be a guy that repeats mistakes.’ We’ll you don’t, necessarily. But if you do, you kind of look at what’s he done recently behavior-wise. You look in his eyes. You listen to his voice. We’ve all been conned before but then your gut instinct tells you that maybe this guy deserves an opportunity and we both felt that. I’ve yet to be able to describe that. I really can’t describe it. A gut instinct told me this guy is committed to doing the right things. To be a player that can play at the level heplayed at one time on a consistent basis. Are we right, are we wrong? We don’t know yet.â€Â

Hey Mr. Tessler, im just wondering... what is an agent to do when there is a war between 2 teams for a player, like in the trent green situation... becuase obviously green wants to go to miami but for some reason they cant get a deal done with kc. Does the agent push the issue on one team or the other or does he just wait it out, till a team budges and a deal gets done?? thansks alot
!Brian

No words can describe how frustrated Trent Green and his agent must be right now. It's obvious that he's leaving Kansas City and it seems like a foregone conclusion that he's heading to Miami. Miami has the upper-hand on Kansas City with Green having the ability to agree or not agree to restructure his contact for a trade with any other teams. Therefore nobody else is in the running and Kansas City is losing leverage by the day. If the Chiefs wait too long and Miami decides to play hardball, they can pull their offer and get him for nothing once the Chiefs are forced to release him before the start of the regular season. I've been in this situation before and there's nothing more you can do but stay on top of everything and keep your client informed.

Hey Brett... I thought of you as I read this. I thought it was a very positve stroke and I seriously look forward to Jesse kicking some butt. Thanks for spending time with us.

The pleasure is mine.

Hey Brett,

What is the best way to build up a reputation of your name in the business, in other words how do get credibility by the owners and management teams of the organizations in the nfl. Do they find you or do you have to go find them?

Thanks,

Jacob

Late Welcome to the Boards, and Hey! Mr. Tessler, I was wondering about your opinion. If we don't get Trent Green, Would John Beck get any chance to play?! and How do you see Ted Ginn Jr.'s future as a Dolphin?

Hey Brett,

What is the best way to build up a reputation of your name in the business, in other words how do get credibility by the owners and management teams of the organizations in the nfl. Do they find you or do you have to go find them?

Thanks,

Jacob

The way to get credibility around the NFL is by getting good clients.

Late Welcome to the Boards, and Hey! Mr. Tessler, I was wondering about your opinion. If we don't get Trent Green, Would John Beck get any chance to play?! and How do you see Ted Ginn Jr.'s future as a Dolphin?

I think unless a team believes they have a legitimate chance of winning it all it's always a good idea to start developing young talent. In regards to Ginn, it'll be a boom or bust situation... no middle ground. If he stays healthy and works hard he has a chance to be special.

I think unless a team believes they have a legitimate chance of winning it all it's always a good idea to start developing young talent. In regards to Ginn, it'll be a boom or bust situation... no middle ground. If he stays healthy and works hard he has a chance to be special.

Thanx alot Mr. Tessler.

Brett,
Do you think the increase of late round players getting 4 year deals is being caused by NFL teams not wanting to deal with restricted free agency and all the possible poison pill deals? And in your opinion is it better to get the security of a 4 year deal, or gamble for a little more money in restricted free agency. Thanks!

What is your opinion on "Poison Pill" Contracts?

Brett,
Do you think the increase of late round players getting 4 year deals is being caused by NFL teams not wanting to deal with restricted free agency and all the possible poison pill deals? And in your opinion is it better to get the security of a 4 year deal, or gamble for a little more money in restricted free agency. Thanks!

Brett:
  • What is your opinion on the "Poison Pill" contracts? :confused:
  • Do you believe the NFL will continue to allow them?:err:
  • Do you believe they are fair?:tantrum:
  • Have you ever had one for any of you clients?
  • Did you ever participate in putting one together in order to get one of your clients to the team they wanted to go to?:unsure:
  • Do you see them becoming more & more popular in Free Agency?

Back
Top Bottom