Ask Jason | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ask Jason

dolphan39

Maria & LauRen Aha!
Reaction score
Ask Jason
Beat writer Jason Cole answers your Dolphins questions

Jason Cole has covered the Dolphins since 1992, the longest tenure of any beat writer currently covering the team for any newspaper. Cole has won numerous awards for his coverage, including NFL Beat Writer of the Year in 2000 by NFLTalk.com.

even better than Alex for answering questions in terms of quantity.

like the 1st one

Q. Jason, I think Jamie nails at 100% is the key to the Dolphins offense. How is he doing?
Steve, Randolph, NJ 7/25/03
A. He seems to be completely healthy, which is slightly amazing.
Jason Cole 7/26/03

Ask Your Question

My favorite is this one..

Q.

Since Wannstadt came on board the goal of winning the division is always the priority. However that does not guarantee home field and first round bye. That bye week is so important. Can you see about getting the team to use the bye week as the goal? You'll get the division, if you get the bye.
Anonymous 7/25/03

A.

I can't really see about much. I'm just the guy with a notepad.
Jason Cole 7/26/03

It's only a matter of time before he's got some incredible fee based information that the advertisement that's already there can't pay for.

Make sure to read all the pages.

I did.

The question that was most interesting was on the last page at the time. Fletcher cut ? And then Cole speculated about a trade...HHHMMMMM....

One other thing. I have found better answers from you guys than what Cole gave for most. I sensed a hesitance from negative comments about some of the play because he relies on the players for a living. If you don't want to answer the tough questions don't start the forum.

I can't blame him totally because some of the questions were just plain stupid. It was stuff that is speculated on message boards day in and day out. If you have a real question, something that would only come from a guy with the inside track, ask it. If not, it's just clutter.

Originally posted by ZOD

I can't blame him totally because some of the questions were just plain stupid. It was stuff that is speculated on message boards day in and day out. If you have a real question, something that would only come from a guy with the inside track, ask it. If not, it's just clutter.

Sound advice. Your point is well taken.

But...

what if you knew a bunch of your FinHeaven friends would be likely to skim thru Cole's column, and you wanted to bait the guy into answering your question so your friends would see your FinHeaven member name and just chuckle at what a gratuitous suck-up you can be?

If you were coming at it from that angle, would it be okay to throw him an easy one high and inside for him to knock out of the park -- just cuz you KNOW he won't resist adding some color to the column?

Q.

Jason, you're close to the action. Are the Dolphin Cheerleaders just as hot close up?
Phan4Ever 7/26/03

A.

Hmmm, I hoping my wife doesn't read this, but the answer is absolutely yes.
Jason Cole 7/26/03

Lord, P4E... you're SUCH a lightweight, gratuitous, conniving brown-noser!

Originally posted by Phan4Ever

Lord, P4E... you're SUCH a lightweight, gratuitous, conniving brown-noser!

You are too much!!
I thought you were kidding, until I looked and saw it was really there.... :shakeno: :lol:

Wharf...

I don't know if you (or A.J.) read thru all of that column, but there were two mentions of other Fin fan sites made in the questions Jason Cole answered. I toyed with making a FinHeaven reference in what I submitted, but... my submission was intentionally a lame one, and I didn't see it as my place to try to "frame" a FinHeaven plug there. (We might only be able to get one mention in there, and if it's attached to one of my typical posts, people ALREADY HERE at FinHeaven will be leaping to their feet... and streaming for the exits.)

But... I think FinHeaven is more deserving of getting a mention in there than any other site. We need a strategy, even if it's just to start throwing stuff and see if anything sticks.:)

The most interesting part to me is the fact that Jason Cole lists as the primary credential behind his name, the honorary title that an NFL rumor mill site gave him 3 years ago.

NFLTalk was the predecessor of www.profootballtalk.com which is just pretty much a rumor mill and always has been, and they always claim how the bonafied media ignores, spurns, and copies them.

And now one of those "bonafied" media are using the superlative that they handed out as one of their primary credentials. Ohhhh the irony.

Back
Top Bottom