Ask Vic: Look for Smith/Brown to go 1-2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ask Vic: Look for Smith/Brown to go 1-2

HysterikiLL

Practice Squad
Reaction score
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/8364272

Not sure if it's been posted. They say that Alex Smith is going first overall -- interesting considering everyone is assuming we'll take him.

Brown is a workhorse back, and that is exactly what the Miami Dolphins, picking second, need. He has power, speed and better hands than any other player in the draft -- including receivers and tight ends.

Brown 05!

I'd bet if QB Smith goes #1 then QB Rodgers goes #2

DOLFANMIKE said:
I'd bet if QB Smith goes #1 then QB Rodgers goes #2

I'd assume the same.

HysterikiLL said:
-- interesting considering everyone is assuming we'll take him.

Most people have Miami selecting Brown at #2.

TeeMoney said:
Most people have Miami selecting Brown at #2.

True, but I meant out of the QBs. All focus has been towards Smith with the assumption that Rodgers is going to San Fran but up until this list SF have released today, there hasn't been any exclusive reference from Nolan as to if they will take Rodgers.

Rogers has been assumed to be the #1 pick because he fits the offensive system San Fran is going to run. He would fit it perfectly. Smith would need alot more time to adjust than Rogers. I wouldn't expect any exclusive references by any coach on who they would pick- through negotiations or otherwise.

TeeMoney said:
I wouldn't expect any exclusive references by any coach on who they would pick- through negotiations or otherwise.

SAN FRANCISCO -- Mike Nolan has narrowed the San Francisco 49ers' list of probable No. 1 draft choices to four names. That list will get even smaller in the next week -- perhaps even shrinking down to one name before next weekend.
- http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft05/news/story?id=2032395&CMP=OTC-DT9705204233

I think they'll be stupid to name somebody before the draft. It's not really necessary to be made public, but I guess then all the talk will shift to Miami, even though we've had a lot more press at 2 than SF has at 1 already.

Back
Top Bottom