Assistant Head Coach Karl Dorrel leaving for University of Colorado head coaching gig | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Assistant Head Coach Karl Dorrel leaving for University of Colorado head coaching gig

I don't find it all that amusing....lol.

In fact, it worries me a little.

Not in the sense that I don't think Flo has it under control, but it does take time for a new staff to get on the same page, and gel.

I was hoping to get a better start this year. We got beat like red headed step children early last season.
While I really saw value in having the #1 overall pick this season, the 5 wins did keep the Fins clear of the type of articles being run on the Bengals recently. Quite frankly, the Fins havent been a much better franchise in the last 2 decades but they're(Bengals) the ones being talked about when it comes to unfavorable destinations...

I don't find it all that amusing....lol.

In fact, it worries me a little.

Not in the sense that I don't think Flo has it under control, but it does take time for a new staff to get on the same page, and gel.

I was hoping to get a better start this year. We got beat like red headed step children early last season.
Just be confident the guy making the decisions of who the coaches are is still the man, Flo.

While I really saw value in having the #1 overall pick this season, the 5 wins did keep the Fins clear of the type of articles being run on the Bengals recently. Quite frankly, the Fins havent been a much better franchise in the last 2 decades but they're(Bengals) the ones being talked about when it comes to unfavorable destinations...
Well, they have been to the playoffs more than we have over the last ten years.

I think the national media sees our arrow as pointing up. Theirs pointing down, and yes it probably has a lot to do with our steady improvement last year.

I also think Flores is seen as a much better game planner, and coach over all than Taylor.

The obvious thing, though, is that while they have the #1 pick, we have an embarrassment of riches when it comes to both picks, and cap space. If Flo/Grier are even moderately competent, we have a distinct advantage going forward.

I'll say it again, this is exactly why I wanted a head coach who came from the offensive side of the ball. When assistant coaches leave the offense doesn't lose much continuity when your head coach drives your offensive philosophy. Ala Andy Reid and Sean Payton.

The other issue that drives the negative narrative about the Bengals is the frugal nature of the ownership. They are notoriously the most stripped down organization in the whole NFL. The Dolphins haven't been successful, but it hasn't been because they were cheap or perceived to not be trying to win. They've just made bad decisions that were sometimes compounded by being too loyal.

I'll say it again, this is exactly why I wanted a head coach who came from the offensive side of the ball. When assistant coaches leave the offense doesn't lose much continuity when your head coach drives your offensive philosophy. Ala Andy Reid and Sean Payton.

Well, our OC almost certainly wouldn't be Gailey... That's still so bloody weird

Is there something in the water in Miami? Because it sure feels like No One wants to either play or coach there. This is truly unbelievable. I've never seen this before, unless an entire coaches gets Fired, after just one season. I hope Flores can find an up and coming WR coach that actually wants to stay in Miami.

Is anyone actually worried about Devante Parker possibly regressing?

Sorry but no big deal.

I’d more concerned if Parker twisted an ankle.

Dorrell is a mercenary.

He’ll be onto another job in 2 years.

Last edited:
Is there something in the water in Miami? Because it sure feels like No One wants to either play or coach there. This is truly unbelievable. I've never seen this before, unless an entire coaches gets Fired, after just one season. I hope Flores can find an up and coming WR coach that actually wants to stay in Miami.

A guy gets a chance to be a HC and the poster is asking why didn't he stay?
Instead of saying congrats...half-empty...looks at it as half--empty.

:bobdole:

Last edited:
No over-reaction there.

Back
Top Bottom