Assistant Head Coach Karl Dorrel leaving for University of Colorado head coaching gig | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Assistant Head Coach Karl Dorrel leaving for University of Colorado head coaching gig

Didn't I see BRIAN HARTLINE getting favorable reviews about his coaching @ The Ohio State? I can already see the jokes coming about what he would teach. Bring it! I could use a good laugh.

Not kidding about HARTLINE though.

Didn't I see BRIAN HARTLINE getting favorable reviews about his coaching @ The Ohio State? I can already see the jokes coming about what he would teach. Bring it! I could use a good laugh.

Not kidding about HARTLINE though.

I would hire Hartline in a second. I don’t know why anyone would make jokes about him. He was an overachiever.

Is anyone actually worried about Devante Parker possibly regressing?

Sorry but no big deal.

I’d more concerned if Parker twisted an ankle.

Dorrell is a mercenary.

He’ll be onto another job in 2 years.
I would say Dorrel was more than a mercenary.

Parker credited Dorrel for his success last year as he taught Parker how to properly dissect film and understand DB tendencies.

Regression is not out of the question depending on whether Parker learned the lessons Dorrel taught him or Parker was dependent on Dorrel's insights.

Kind of funny that 3/4 of the people who were part of that great foundation laid wont even be part of the team just next season...
A guy gets a chance to be a HC and the poster is asking why didn't he stay?
Instead of saying congrats...half-empty...looks at it as half--empty.

:bobdole:

Pretty much. Dorrell is a great position coach who many feel got a raw deal at UCLA. He has been wanting a head coaching gig. Colorado fans arent thrilled but that program needs someone who can stabilize the team.

I wonder how long before Brian Hartline makes it back to the NFL as a WR coach
I wouldn’t hate it. Like another poster said, he was an overachiever. I would always reject the idea of Dan Marino as a coach because he has natural talent that can’t be taught. When you have to struggle to succeed, it tends to be more applicable when it comes to teaching those things. The natural instinct/talent can not be taught

I would hire Hartline in a second. I don’t know why anyone would make jokes about him. He was an overachiever.
The late Tony sparano.

“ Brain hardline is the smarted guy in the room, even when the coaches are there.”

Albert Breer reported in one of his MMQB articles that the Eagles and other teams had tried to hire Hartline this offseason and he opted to stay at Ohio State. Of course he's played/lived in Miami before so there's a chance he'd be more open to going there. Tendency with your other new hires has been to bring in guys who have worked with Gailey in the past so maybe Stan Hixon is a possibility.

He’s never leaving Ohio. He loves it up there

Reactions: A1.
It can't be a coincidence that so many coaches are leaving Miami. Flores fired a few after the season ended, and several others have taken jobs elsewhere. Something smells fishy!

It can't be a coincidence that so many coaches are leaving Miami. Flores fired a few after the season ended, and several others have taken jobs elsewhere. Something smells fishy!

1. Mutual release of one.
2.“taken jobs elsewhere” aka were promoted

I swear, anything to make a mountain out of a molehill

Back
Top Bottom