Assumes he's supposed to... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Assumes he's supposed to...

Heisman34

Practice Squad
Reaction score
As i watched our playoff chances disapear i did notice one thing. I noticed that right before Henne went 8/8 and almost 90 yards late in the 3rd quarter they had Thigpen on the sideline close to the coach with his helmet on like he might be coming into the game. Before that Henne hadnt had a drive over 50 yards. It seemed like Henne knew that if he didnt make something happen he was gonna be taken out. Ive heard people talk about how Henne just assumes he should be the starting QB and plays like winning is second to being the starter. No passion or drive to win. I mean after losing and getting knocked out of the playoffs he spoke as if it was no big deal and just to move forward to STARTING against the Lions. Look how he played against TEN. He played hard and risky after being benched. Then the following week when he had the starting spot back with no threat of Pennington he played as if only to hold that spot by not making mistakes instead of playing to win. I might be wrong about thigpen being put in last week but thats just what it seemed to me? Anyone else notice this? I know most people prefer Henne over Thigpen but i must admit that i would rather have Thigpen out there trying to WIN and worrying about whos gonna be the starter later out there on the field these last two weeks...

I view our team as a good solid team that lacks one thing and thats the most important position, a QB! Crazy but i hope our FO does whatever it takes to bring in a good QB, whether Crazy draft moves or FA. There are teams with alot less than what we have winning with a good QB...

Whether you absolutley hate Chad henne or not, to insinuate he doesn't care about winning is ridiculous.

Whether you absolutley hate Chad henne or not, to insinuate he doesn't care about winning is ridiculous.

I do not know him personaly I'm just going by what I see and hear. That's just my opinion. I was asking if anyone else saw/sees it that way. Apparently you don't!

I dont know that he cares or not..I do know he acts like he does not care..He just says we have to move on...Just like most coaches do..

I went into this season with an open mind on Henne, however having seen his body of work I don't see him as a starting caliber NFL QB, and he most certainly is not the future of this franchise. That being said, I believe he truly WANTS to win, he is a competitor and he at least made it to the NFL level and has worked to make himself better, I just think overall he doesn't have the makings of a franchise QB but he could have a decent career as a journeyman/backup type guy.

he certainly acts like he doesn't care, or that he is empowered to be the starting QB. In reality he is nothing more than a good back up.

I went into this season with an open mind on Henne, however having seen his body of work I don't see him as a starting caliber NFL QB, and he most certainly is not the future of this franchise. That being said, I believe he truly WANTS to win, he is a competitor and he at least made it to the NFL level and has worked to make himself better, I just think overall he doesn't have the makings of a franchise QB but he could have a decent career as a journeyman/backup type guy.
Obviously he wants to win but it just seems like that comes second to holding the starting spot. I don't hate Henne or any QB we have. Every week I watch them play and hope that the QB who is out there plays great and wins us games. I want Henne to blow up and be a great QB for us. What fan doesn't? I just want whoever is out there to not worry about his job and just play the game to win.

I'm sorry that Henne doesn't walk off the field and yells through his helmet "I care about winning" . . . but how can anybody think this kid doesn't wanna win. You saw how relieved he was when he threw the TD to Marshall. Did you see the fun he was having in the Oakland game . . . this guy wants to win and it is pretty stupid to think that he doesn't. Whether he ever makes it has a winning QB, time well tell, but don't undermine his character and attitude towards winning because he doesn't show it as much as the next guy.

Thigpen had his helmet on a lot Sunday. Not sure if that was a sign he was planning on coming in or not.

These coaches need to make a decision, but we all have seen that the constant pulling of Chad Henne off the field for the wildcat has NOT worked. It hasn't worked all year, and the Dolphins offense moves the football the best when Chad Henne is under center. He is the best option we have under center, why we keep taking him out the damn game is just too stupid for words. If you wanna bring Ryan Mallet, Kevin Kolb, Carson Palmer or whoever in the game next year that is fine, but for this year, Chad Henne is your best option and you need to let him stay in the game. Too late now, dumb azz coaches.

Sparano just said in his presser that although Henne will start the last 2 games they'll be a quick hook if he struggles.

Back
Top Bottom