Assuming we sign Pace... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Assuming we sign Pace...

It's a lot of money to have tied up in one group, but are we not all agreed that one of the biggest problems last year was lack of quality depth in the front 7? And they might actually be prepared for when #99 decides to hang em up. We have the cap space, so I don't really see why not. Someone might be playing out of position for a while but they all three are quality players and that would be one hell of a linebackers core.

It's a lot of money to have tied up in one group, but are we not all agreed that one of the biggest problems last year was lack of quality depth in the front 7? And they might actually be prepared for when #99 decides to hang em up. We have the cap space, so I don't really see why not. Someone might be playing out of position for a while but they all three are quality players and that would be one hell of a linebackers core.

bingo. When JT goes (whether its today or in a year or two) then Porter moves back outside. Until then they can rotate, move Porter inside, put JT at DE etc. Why the hell would we get rid of Porter? Think before you post people.

Why would we assume we sign Pace? I know some of the talking heads have said he's a good fit for us, but I think we have alot of other priorities that would come before him. We're fine w/ JT and Porter on the outside of our 3-4. In fact, it's the strongest position on our team, and the position we have the most $$$ in. I think it's unlikely we bring in Pace. If we do, I agree with the posters who said JT would go. If someone offers us a 2nd for JT, I think he's gone.

Who goes? JT or Joey Porter? We'd definitely be signing Pace for his outside LB pass rushing skills.. and thats what we originally signed Porter for , and JT, we al know is the sack master on the outside... So either Porter moves to an inside spot, gets released, which I think would be a huge hit to the cap, or we trade JT to a team like the Vikings or Broncos who desperately need a pass rush...plus with the kinda money we're about to give Pace, JT is gonna be pissed!
Anyways, I'd be happy with this signing, our team desperately needed youth and now, wow were gonna be one of the younger teams. Now get us a possession reciever and were good to go for the draft!

This is a good question. It's not uncommon for those who run the 3-4 to throw traditional OLB inside providing they have the size (Colvin, Seau, Ted Johnson, Adaleus Thomas are examples). I don't pretend to know which direction Tunaland is heading, but IF we sign Pace, my guess would be that some kind of draft day deal involving JT could be made. Torbor is more of a depth and STs acquisition. I can't see JT playing inside, perhaps if JT is still here this coming season, we see Porter and Crowder inside with JT and Pace on the outsides ?? The only thing is, JT speed rusher, and you'd want him to stay on the OE spot...but his limitations in coverage (maybe just not tested very much rather than not capable) will limit what we can do.

I love JT and he's so good that you HAVE to build your D around his strengths...It's going to be interesting to see what happens...

So now the question is, hypothetically speaking, put yourselves in the minds of an NFL GM, what do you give up for a guy like JT?

i say 2nd rounder for JT...i would be sorry to see him go if it did happen but maybe he can play for a contender

Back
Top Bottom