Assuming we trade Surtain for a 2nd.... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Assuming we trade Surtain for a 2nd....

phinfan2003

Perennial All-Pro
Reaction score
what positions do you think we should target with our 6 picks in the draft? This is what I say:

RB
C
FS
CB
WR
OG/OT

Based on these need, I would say that we are either going to take Brown, Edwards, or Rolle if we stay at the #2 pick.

I would go with:

1.RB
2.FS
3.C/G
4.DT
5.LB
6.WR

EightyTwenty said:
1. BPA
2. BPA
3. BPA
4. BPA
5. BPA
7. BPA

:lol:

Nick has been talking about selecting the BPA for the long-term success of the franchise. With that said, I'm sure he's targeted guys in each of the rounds that he feels are going to be good and will allow him to get the most out of the draft. This is how I see it:

We are sitting there at #2 and we can have our pick of Brown, Edwards, and others. Let's say Saban thinks Edwards is clearly the #1 WR in the draft while Brown is the best RB in the draft but only a shade better than the next couple of RB's. He may be inclined to take Edwards knowing that in the 2nd round he can pick up a good RB who may not be as good as Brown but combined w/ Edwards would give us more out of our 1st 2 picks than if we take Brown and another WR (or another player) in the 2nd.

We are sitting there at #2 and we can have our pick of Brown, Edwards, and others. Let's say Saban thinks Edwards is clearly the #1 WR in the draft while Brown is the best RB in the draft but only a shade better than the next couple of RB's. He may be inclined to take Edwards knowing that in the 2nd round he can pick up a good RB who may not be as good as Brown but combined w/ Edwards would give us more out of our 1st 2 picks than if we take Brown and another WR in the 2nd.

very good point. id be happy

we dont have 2nd round, and surtain will not be trade for a 2nd...

FinFan Brazil said:
we dont have 2nd round, and surtain will not be trade for a 2nd...

If you read the title of the thread, it says "ASSUMING we trade Surtain for a 2nd".

What is the latest on the Surtain trade? Last I heard the Chiefs had a deal worked out with him and were close to "caving in" and giving us the 2nd round pick. (I've been in my Carolina glory since Monday night and have spent most of my time on-line feeding that fix.)

QB
RB
WR
DE/LB (a tweener that can play both)
DT
Safety

Back
Top Bottom