Assuming | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Assuming

His Dudeness

Practice Squad
Reaction score
i'm not alone in assuming that we're going to take a runningback with the second selection, but i'm not convinced out offense is anywhere close to as good as it needs to be. i don't see chambers as a go to guy catching 80 a year. he's a nice burst that has his streaks. i'm not sold he's a number 1 guy. i like mcmichael alot, but he does some goofy things, and i dont think marty booker will get any better, and he's a lifelong complimentary possession guy... plus, with a new system, patched o line and unproven qb... i think our pass game could be pretty ugly this year... opinions?

If our O-line is decent, our pass game will be fine as long as we have a running game as well. Chambers could get 80 catches. He had 69 last year with a horrible offense

Our passing game will be significantly better than last year. With Feeley finishing the year strong, he should continue his improvement. Chambers is definatly a solid #1 guy, he has all that a receiver needs and w/o some nagging injuries he could be a Chad Johnson. McMichael is in the top 10 TE's in the league and should continue his improvement, last year he was horribly underused. Marty Booker is adequate, he is a nice contrast to Chambers w/ possession vs. speed. Our o-line is in trouble but Saban said it doesnt need drastic changes so hopefully he is correct. And the running game has to improve A LOT to help the passing game. If Brown (or other) has a good year i could see Feeley and Chambers' numbers being monster (play-action help + linehan...)
With all that it should be somewhere in the middle of the league in rankings.

you guys make good points.... but i'd like us to add another receiver a nice speedy slot guy.

His Dudeness said:
i'm not alone in assuming that we're going to take a runningback with the second selection, but i'm not convinced out offense is anywhere close to as good as it needs to be. i don't see chambers as a go to guy catching 80 a year. he's a nice burst that has his streaks. i'm not sold he's a number 1 guy. i like mcmichael alot, but he does some goofy things, and i dont think marty booker will get any better, and he's a lifelong complimentary possession guy... plus, with a new system, patched o line and unproven qb... i think our pass game could be pretty ugly this year... opinions?

If you ask my opinion, I do not concur with your assessment of Chambers, Feeley, and Booker.
We do have Gilmore and Newson has our speedy receivers.

McMichael is a TOP 5 TE. How is he goofy? I think we should get Cro Thorpe, hopefully he slips to the 3rd i doubt it though

His Dudeness said:

Hudson Houck >>>>>Tony Wise
Scott Linehan>>>>>>>Rookie OC Foerster
Any system not run by Wanny>>>>Wannyball
Chambers/Booker>>>>>>Your opinion of them
Ronnie Brown>>>>>>>>anyone who lined up at TB in '04
McMichael on field>>>>>RMac at home with Cawanna

Do you see a trend here?? Or what a positive offseason can do?

I don't get your negativism.

Chambers would be an elite receiver in the league say he was in the Rams offense....We have had a horrible offense and he has still put up some decent numbers for the offense we're running.

Back
Top Bottom