at a crossroads | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

at a crossroads

lacroixt13

catspanker13
Reaction score
its obvious we can run the ball with the 1-2 punch. its obvious gus cannot throw the ball. i know this is a rebuilding year so why do we waste our time with a qb who is not the answer. give sage a chance. anyone..even me..can hand the ball off so why not try to change the passing game with a different arm. this is almost like watching the jay fiedler run offense that was too safe. our defense was honorable but will eventually get too tired if we keep up with this pathetic qb play. try something different, we have nothing to lose. a 3 and out after a key defensive stand is not acceptable.:yell:

The problem is that we keep falling behind early. We give up points on opening drives and we give up long drives for touchdowns. It's hard to run the ball when our offense is on the bench most of the game. Our defense plays well, but we need to get the offense on the field more.

stevec said:
The problem is that we keep falling behind early. We give up points on opening drives and we give up long drives for touchdowns. It's hard to run the ball when our offense is on the bench most of the game. Our defense plays well, but we need to get the offense on the field more.

This is very true. At one point Atlanta was 10-13 on 3rd downs. It was killing us. However, I did see some major frustration on some faces after Gus flubbed it (Welker, Chambers and the Offensive Line). Gus wasn't sacked hurried or hit well into the 4th quarter. Ronnine and Ricky were right on. Guys were making opportunities for Gus to produce. He really hurt us today.

dQbell said:
This is very true. At one point Atlanta was 10-13 on 3rd downs. It was killing us. However, I did see some major frustration on some faces after Gus flubbed it (Welker, Chambers and the Offensive Line). Gus wasn't sacked hurried or hit well into the 4th quarter. Ronnine and Ricky were right on. Guys were making opportunities for Gus to produce. He really hurt us today.

The announcers were giving McMike a hard time for not catching the touchdown pass...but in my opinion...Gus shoud have hit a WIDE open McMike. It should have been an easy TD. Gus has missed about 6-8 open guys this year for TDs. Also, it's only second down! Don't force the INT!

Not that I think that we have better talent on the bench, but Gus needs to hit the open receivers and not throw an INT on second down when you have a chance to tie the game...throw it away! CC was not open...not even for one second of that pattern.

one question why the hell did we pass on that play in the first place

kebort said:
one question why the hell did we pass on that play in the first place

Because Ronnie and Ricky were not running very well...wait, I don't know!

Back
Top Bottom