At Game, Honest Observations from a 40 year Old Fan | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

At Game, Honest Observations from a 40 year Old Fan

It starts with the head coach. Listen to Sparano's press conference. Its monotone coach speak that puts everyone to sleep. The only time I see him get animated is after a field goal and I hate saying that. People follow leaders and if the leaders are lacking emotion then the players will lack it. The most emotion I saw out of the Dolphin players was last weeks post game speech when Sparano gave them a day off. Look how they repaid him.

Is Henne the answer? Personally it is too hard to evaluate him with Henning as OC.

I say we call up dr andrews to surgically remove chad hennes arm and attach it to chad penningtons shoulder. wham! SB baby!

It starts with the head coach. Listen to Sparano's press conference. Its monotone coach speak that puts everyone to sleep. The only time I see him get animated is after a field goal and I hate saying that. People follow leaders and if the leaders are lacking emotion then the players will lack it. The most emotion I saw out of the Dolphin players was last weeks post game speech when Sparano gave them a day off. Look how they repaid him.

Is Henne the answer? Personally it is too hard to evaluate him with Henning as OC.

Explain to me how henning is responsible for the throws and decisons Henne make and ill agree that we cant evaluate henne while henning is OC. You can blame Henning for the play calling and yes the play calling isnt good, but how can you explain horrible accuracy, horrible qb skills? Lets talk about qb skills or lack there of..Lets talk about things that have nothing to do with play calling. Lets for once stop sticking up for a millionaire qb who jus isnt cutting it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hate to hear it. Teams can be up and down. I guess from looking back all year we come out decent in the 1st half and in the second half is when we fall apart. That being said the defense has made adjustments in the 2nd half that seem to help but the offense needs more than what they are bring to the table. In the 2nd half Wake started covering Rice which helped somewhat.

Explain to me how henning is responsible for the throws and decisons Henne make and ill agree that we cant evaluate henne while henning is OC. You can blame Henning for the play calling and yes the play calling isnt good, but how can you explain horrible accuracy, horrible qb skills? Lets talk about qb skills or lack there of..Lets talk about things that have nothing to do with play calling. Lets for once stop sticking up for a millionaire qb who jus isnt cutting it.

your opinions on QB are null and void. this is a result of your non stop campaigning for pat white to be our qb.

penny is not the answer, you pay attention

when did I say he was exactly? Name on person on this board that says Penny is the answer long term..

Tell you one thing, Penny would have completed that 1 yard pass to fasano, penny would have completed all the endzone passes in the flat from the 5 yard line that Henne didnt.. Thats for sure...

Also, right now, what is the difference between Henne and Pennington exactly? We dont call deep passes, so Henne doesnt throw deep, and when he does, he cant complete them, which leaves us as a short to intermediate passing team.. So, whats the difference between a short passing game with Henne and a short passing game with Penny?

I don't even subscribe to the "develop" argument. Not on a 4-4 team. I do though think the BEST player should play. It seems ridiculous to me that they follow this philosophy at every position except QB.

Tank the season to allow a guy to develop? I don't think so. Either you have it or not. Sure it's only his first full season but we're seeing all over the league that QBs that given the opportunity take advantage of it. Regardless is it's their first season or not. Flacco, Sanchez, Rogers, Ryan, Stafford. Would you list Henne in that group? Or in a group containing Alex Smith? Heck even Fitzgerald in Buffalo is playing better on a crappy a$$ team!!

I want to win. This is year 3. It's a win now year. I'm sorry we're not in rebuilding mode. we're in tinkering mode. Time to put the old man in there to steer the ship. Just put anyone in there that is going to lead to WINS! I'm don't give a damn abut feelings. Either you produce or you don't.

I give this organization one more game to produce, or serious changes need to be made. If we tank next week, a QB change should be made and Henning should be fired. It's called accountability.

It's not good enough to win next week either. It's every week here on out. Or at least not be so incredibly pathetic self defeating, and lack luster type of team.

Any one see Sanchez rally and win? yea lets talk about Henne's stats.. Enough with the stats. I'll take wins over completion percentage any day of the week! THAT'S why Sanchez gets the hype, and Henne does not.

when did I say he was exactly? Name on person on this board that says Penny is the answer long term..

Tell you one thing, Penny would have completed that 1 yard pass to fasano, penny would have completed all the endzone passes in the flat from the 5 yard line that Henne didnt.. Thats for sure...

Also, right now, what is the difference between Henne and Pennington exactly? We dont call deep passes, so Henne doesnt throw deep, and when he does, he cant complete them, which leaves us as a short to intermediate passing team.. So, whats the difference between a short passing game with Henne and a short passing game with Penny?

i was commenting on the OPs rant for wanting penny to start and you commented on my post about penny. thats how we got here.

do we even know if penny can pass the ball 1 yard? i truly believe he is on our team to mold henne into hennings dink and dunk qb. wasnt it thigpen who came in for mop up time against new england. maybe they should have put in penny to test that plastic shoulder.

Back
Top Bottom